Lovecouple

Got Interview date at Rio consulate. Need to change date? How possible is this?

10 posts in this topic

We were given an interview date this morning on the day after Memorial Day (5/28). I literally have the entire week off starting with May 29th, but could not attend the interview in Rio with my partner (who lives in Rio) until 5/29...or after.

We have requested an interview change date of May 30 or 31st.

My question is this: how common is it for people to request interview changes? Is it considered a grave offense to ask for a new date?

My partner could of course attend, but the whole goal was for me to fly there to be with her for the interview....

I can't believe they gave us just three weeks notice. Consulate only accepts email, so we've written them back and are now waiting...

Just hoping that they don't sock us with a date a month later or something...happy that it's happening so soon, but gosh, the timing!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

We were given an interview date this morning on the day after Memorial Day (5/28). I literally have the entire week off starting with May 29th, but could not attend the interview in Rio with my partner (who lives in Rio) until 5/29...or after.

We have requested an interview change date of May 30 or 31st.

My question is this: how common is it for people to request interview changes? Is it considered a grave offense to ask for a new date?

My partner could of course attend, but the whole goal was for me to fly there to be with her for the interview....

I can't believe they gave us just three weeks notice. Consulate only accepts email, so we've written them back and are now waiting...

Just hoping that they don't sock us with a date a month later or something...happy that it's happening so soon, but gosh, the timing!

Appointments are scheduled in blocks, so it would be nothing short of a miracle if he were able to reschedule the interview for the next couple of days. Chances are his file will be placed in the next group, a month or so away.

On a positive note, the petitioner is not required to be present for the interview, so he can go it alone.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It is not uncommon to only be given a couple of days of notice before the interview. I was given 12 days notice. I understand that you want to support your fiancée, but I think she should go and attend it by herself if you cannot make it. Most of us have gone through the interview by ourselves.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi all we had a long Journey with the I-130 since Sept 2012 documents was approve at UCSC send to Embassy Jordan , my husband recieve after interview a 221g and left, case was under AP for 3 months so sad :( after that they visit his home to talk to family and neighboors wooo yes they did, after al that I continue to check case and was up date after 3 months to case Status Ready for interview but the funny thing was that my husband was interview twice already, today status change date to todays date and at 1:00pm Jordan time embassy calls him and ask him to drop his Passport woooo I praise God every minute of these Journey case time 8months in Embassy only...Please just be patien on your waitting I was very nervous and very dependent in Allah who can only help us...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We received our interview date today as well. June 4! I am happy about how soon it will be but also concerned because we ran into a few snags with the passport (yes I am beyond mad that he waited till only last month to get it but hey we had NO IDEA we'd be approved so quickly, be to be prepared!) Now I am just praying with all my might that his passport will be ready in time, I don't want to reschedule! Good luck with yours though, i'm sure she will be fine on her own!

Rio consulate only takes emails and they took several days to get back to us last time, so we've emailed them today and now have to wait, to see if they will switch the appointment or not....

in the meantime, I'm jamming on the docs to get them all ready for the interview....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Unanswered duplicate thread removed; this thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves a consular function. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

It's really important that we both attend the interview for physical and moral support. We are hoping that the Rio consulate gets back to us soon and is willing to give us a new interview, even if it's a few weeks later.

What are the chances they do this? Has anyone ever been able to reschedule with a consulate in terms of an interview date?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It's really important that we both attend the interview for physical and moral support. We are hoping that the Rio consulate gets back to us soon and is willing to give us a new interview, even if it's a few weeks later.

What are the chances they do this? Has anyone ever been able to reschedule with a consulate in terms of an interview date?

You can reschedule your interview without any problems. There are no drawbacks, but you can't choose the new date either.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

We are in similar boat I was emailed yesterday about my fiancé interview which is a week away and we only received packet 3 2 days prior . so im hoping his police certificate will be ready in time so we don't have to reschedule... I did email the embassy asking this question and they said it wouldn't be a problem

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.