jenny and manny

INTERVIEW DATES ET. AL.

6 posts in this topic

Hi All!

My fiance received a letter from NVC dated Nov. 6 notifying us they got our case and will be forwarded to the US embassy in Manila.

1) Just quite curious when will I receive the packet. I'll be having my vacation this Christmas so hopefully I could get it this Christmas.....(nice Christmas gift!!!!)

I have seen some people approved last August having their interview date in Manila in January next year. We 're approved last October 26.

2) Regarding the "proofs" for the interview, should I print the exchanged emails or only my fiance's email for me?

3) On the Affidavit of Support, household size would depend on the number of dependents stated on his tax documents? He's been living with his parents and younger sister. He told me that he did not put any dependents on his income tax docs..... (m not sure what's the term for this)

Sorry for so many questions......I would gladly appreciate your ideas!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

CITIZENSHIP

May 2010------------------------------Citizenship

August 2010---------------------------Approved

September 2010------------------------ Oath taking :)

Removing Conditions

June 5, 2009---------------------------Mailed I-751 Application

August 15, 2009---------------------- APPROVED (Thank God!)

AOS JOURNEY

May 9, 2007---------------------------AOS & EAD documents sent via USPS Registered Mail

August 27, 2007------------------------ AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED!

FIANCE VISA

April 30, 2006 ---------------Sent I-129F to CSC

March 12, 2007-------------------INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

April 20, 2007 ----------------------- Wedding

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.. Heb. 11:1

Thank you to fellow VJers who helped me through this process. I wish you all the best life ahead. Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat :)

Hi All!

My fiance received a letter from NVC dated Nov. 6 notifying us they got our case and will be forwarded to the US embassy in Manila.

1) Just quite curious when will I receive the packet. I'll be having my vacation this Christmas so hopefully I could get it this Christmas.....(nice Christmas gift!!!!)

I have seen some people approved last August having their interview date in Manila in January next year. We 're approved last October 26.

2) Regarding the "proofs" for the interview, should I print the exchanged emails or only my fiance's email for me?

3) On the Affidavit of Support, household size would depend on the number of dependents stated on his tax documents? He's been living with his parents and younger sister. He told me that he did not put any dependents on his income tax docs..... (m not sure what's the term for this)

Sorry for so many questions......I would gladly appreciate your ideas!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Jenny, Be patient. From what I can tell, no one gets their packet until they actually have an interview date. The couples with the Aug dates and jan interviews will likely get their packets now. Your time line is very similar to ours and we are hoping for a Feb interview, no packet yet.

Proof of relationship... a few emails then a screen capture of your chat logs, cam or emails between you should be proof enough. I suggest taking pics this Dec and saving the Airline stubs, hotel receipts, phot copy the passport stamps...ect for the Christmas vacation.

For the I-134 AOS, he is only supposed to claim "his" dependents. Unless he claims his parents and siblings as his dependents on his incometax form, he has no dependents. Dependents in it's impliest form means children and/or spouse.

Good luck Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

"packet" 3 comes first (before the interview date) You have to fill out packet 3 (part 1) and send it back as well as make sure you have everything on a checklist and notify (I think by mailing that in as well) the embassy that you have all the paperwork you need for the interview. When they have that THEN they will send you "packet 4" with the interview date.

BTW. Packet 3 also gives info about booking your medical, do it ASAP as I don't think they will schedule your interview until they get the results. (but don't fret, as most of the time the packet 3 takes a little less than a month to go through and they send out the packet 4, then the interview seems to be a month from that point)

This is info I have received from my fiance and the US Embassy in London however. I am sure it changes slightly per different embassy. Just thought I would clarify Ken Maria that Packet 3 is NOT the interview date packet.

also BTW, "packet 3" and "packet 4" is a VJ thing I believe cause the embassy doesn't actually call them that I believe. (am I wrong? I have no clue...just something we noticed)

PS. I got my NVC letter a week after my fiance received his "packet 3". lol But don't be surprised if it takes a little while longer to get. It really just depends on the embassy. I think there is a place you can call or email at an embassy to check to see if they have your case.

AND Make sure you have ALL the I-134 info (check the guides for what is needed or look at the form itself) and especially make sure you have your (beneficiary's) police certificate. If you have everything needed the faster you get to send in the stuff you need to send in, check off the checklist and therefore get your interview date. Trust me!! I know. I was SOOO behind as ours processed faster than I thought and we weren't prepared! Make sure you have everything together for the packet. :thumbs:

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

"packet" 3 comes first (before the interview date) You have to fill out packet 3 (part 1) and send it back as well as make sure you have everything on a checklist and notify (I think by mailing that in as well) the embassy that you have all the paperwork you need for the interview. When they have that THEN they will send you "packet 4" with the interview date.

I think for US Embassy in Manila, they are only sending the Packet 4, instructions about the requirements for the interview up to medical, it's all in one.....

Thanks a lot! God bless you and your love on your journey.... (L)

Jenny, Be patient. From what I can tell, no one gets their packet until they actually have an interview date. The couples with the Aug dates and jan interviews will likely get their packets now. Your time line is very similar to ours and we are hoping for a Feb interview, no packet yet.

Proof of relationship... a few emails then a screen capture of your chat logs, cam or emails between you should be proof enough. I suggest taking pics this Dec and saving the Airline stubs, hotel receipts, phot copy the passport stamps...ect for the Christmas vacation.

For the I-134 AOS, he is only supposed to claim "his" dependents. Unless he claims his parents and siblings as his dependents on his incometax form, he has no dependents. Dependents in it's impliest form means children and/or spouse.

Good luck Payato

Thanks a lot Ken and Maria a.k.a. Payato....keep me posted when's your fiancee's interview date.....God bless!

CITIZENSHIP

May 2010------------------------------Citizenship

August 2010---------------------------Approved

September 2010------------------------ Oath taking :)

Removing Conditions

June 5, 2009---------------------------Mailed I-751 Application

August 15, 2009---------------------- APPROVED (Thank God!)

AOS JOURNEY

May 9, 2007---------------------------AOS & EAD documents sent via USPS Registered Mail

August 27, 2007------------------------ AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED!

FIANCE VISA

April 30, 2006 ---------------Sent I-129F to CSC

March 12, 2007-------------------INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

April 20, 2007 ----------------------- Wedding

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.. Heb. 11:1

Thank you to fellow VJers who helped me through this process. I wish you all the best life ahead. Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat :)

I think for US Embassy in Manila, they are only sending the Packet 4, instructions about the requirements for the interview up to medical, it's all in one.....

Thanks a lot! God bless you and your love on your journey.... (L)

Good luck Payato

Thanks a lot Ken and Maria a.k.a. Payato....keep me posted when's your fiancee's interview date.....God bless!

You can email the US embassy if they have received your approved petition, well it worked for me they replied the same day and said they have received the package from NVC, then a week after I received a pre-interview letter from them stating the date they received the approved petition. Usually the USE post new interview dates int he middle of the month- (17-21) This coming December february interview dates will come out!!! For my case it's like 2months waiting before we had our interview date!!!

God bless on your docs preparation!!!

Just try to relax :thumbs::whistle: look who's talking!!!LOL!!! But try as much as possible to relax and take it one day at time!!!

ELizabeth :P

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

No fair! :hehe: lol We are still trying to gather our stuff for the checklist so we CAN get our packet 4 and interview date. It seems endless as we had just realized we needed something else on the list that we didn't have... :wacko:

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.