Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

I'm guessing NVC started reviewing my case because I got an email just now saying they have my IV packet, but are missing my AOS packet. False checklist? Because I sent both packets in together.

Yup, false checklist, indicating a great chance the IV package was approved! Call up asap to find out!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I got our case number and invoice identification number today. And it looks like my question on where to do the medical has been answered: the case number starts with FRN so I take it that my interview will take place in Germany. I have only been reading reviews for Helsinki, will now have to look up Frankfurt too!

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got the IV bill and paid it. Progress!

event.png

USCIS:
07/30/2012 - I-130 Sent
07/31/2012 - NOA1 Received (Petition sent to the dreaded VSC, rec'd by mail 08/17/2012)
03/22/2013 - RFE Received (email, rec'd RFE by mail 3/25)
03/26/2013 - Reply to RFE sent
04/03/2013 - NOA2 Received

NVC:
04/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC
04/19/2013 - Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses
04/19/2013- OPTIN Email Sent for EP
04/23/2013- DS-261 Sent
04/24/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID
04/25/2013- OPTIN Email Accepted
05/01/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID
04/30/2013 - AOS Package sent
05/03/2013 - AOS/I-864 accepted
05/07/2013 - IV bill invoiced & PAID
05/09/2013 - IV bill appears as PAID
05/09/2013 - IV Package sent
05/22/2013 - Case Complete
07/09/2013 - Interview date

I got our case number and invoice identification number today. And it looks like my question on where to do the medical has been answered: the case number starts with FRN so I take it that my interview will take place in Germany. I have only been reading reviews for Helsinki, will now have to look up Frankfurt too!

Grats!

Some case completes have been coming in 12-15 days (8 or 9 business days) lately so if you want, call them back in that time frame to see if your case has been completed. I called last night because my status on CEAC changed like yours but they said it didn't mean anything. I will call back on Monday for an update as I hope to hear a case complete then!

ok thank you! :)

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

The status on that site doesn't seem to indicate much. But, since they've started the review, I would suggest calling up every single day, maybe even twice a day, as the review should be finished soon.

ok thank you! i'll call them today :)

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys im trying to put my iv packet together, but im using my mobile and some how can't view the first post of this discussion can some one please tell me how to assemble my iv packet in the order nvc require.....thank you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Yup, false checklist, indicating a great chance the IV package was approved! Call up asap to find out!!

I wasn't even going to call because I'm sick of worrying. But I did after I saw that you told me to, and guess what? You were right! My IV package was approved without a checklist. The AOS checklist was false and it's currently under review!

You're too good at this stuff. =)

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

09.04.24: Interview for 3 brothers

Hello guys im trying to put my iv packet together, but im using my mobile and some how can't view the first post of this discussion can some one please tell me how to assemble my iv packet in the order nvc require.....thank you.

There's no required order for any package. The only requirement is the bar-coded cover sheet be the first page. The rest is up to you.

I wasn't even going to call because I'm sick of worrying. But I did after I saw that you told me to, and guess what? You were right! My IV package was approved without a checklist. The AOS checklist was false and it's currently under review!

You're too good at this stuff. =)

A false checklist is typically issued after a package is reviewed. And if there's nothing specific missing or incorrect about that package, then one can assume that means the package was accepted.

I got this checklist letter from NVC yesterday:

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________
The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) or supporting documents.
However, we are still waiting for the response to the checklist letter for the Immigrant Visa Application
or civil documentation. Please return the requested information so that we may complete the processing
of your case.
[ATP 05/06/2013]

I called NVC to find out what's up and they said that I only need to send in the Singapore Police Certificate to get my case completed. Looks like they have finally accepted my explanation for the fact that I did not have W-2 Form for 2012.

Hopefully everything will proceed smoothly from now on :).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There's no required order for any package. The only requirement is the bar-coded cover sheet be the first page. The rest is up to you.

A false checklist is typically issued after a package is reviewed. And if there's nothing specific missing or incorrect about that package, then one can assume that means the package was accepted.

Ok thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Saylin,

I have a question for you. In preparation for NVC, my wife and I have collected all the necessary documents, including a hardcopy choice of agent form, signed/dated 04-15-2013. If I send this in, say at the end of May, does the April date matter? And if I send the hardcopy (rather than the template email from my wife), do I need to do the barcode business at the top of the hardcopy form?

Thanks and best regards,

morMoreBah + KhunKazuri

Saylin,

I have a question for you. In preparation for NVC, my wife and I have collected all the necessary documents, including a hardcopy choice of agent form, signed/dated 04-15-2013. If I send this in, say at the end of May, does the April date matter? And if I send the hardcopy (rather than the template email from my wife), do I need to do the barcode business at the top of the hardcopy form?

Thanks and best regards,

morMoreBah + KhunKazuri

Just send the email, no hard copy needed. If for whatever reason you send the hard copy in, the signed date doesn't matter. And no, you don't touch the bar-code at the top.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Whoa.

let me help with yer OCD a bit, aye?

You need to shift over to the DoS Hotline (# in my profile, click the photo and study at the bottom)

Basic Timeticks with DoS Hotline:

1. casefile opened date

2. interview results (approved, AP, etc)

3. Visa Packet Sent date.

and that's it. stop it with the DHL thingie - it serves no purpose.

I agreed with you here. What I don't understand is WHY would anyone wants to track down if and when your package leaving NVC / received at local embassy..... when they already know exact date of interview? and what purpose does this serve?.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.