Mitch0526

Quick leave after marriage

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Darnell,

Do you know something about some 'white books'? I continue to hear something about this, just in China, but not sure what step that comes in at?

Let me get this straight, basically everyone on this website who has already obtained this visa is living in America and not in their partners native country, correct?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I know a bit about white books, yes.

a white book is a notarial translation (chinese to english) of a chinese civil document.

it consists of :

1. outside label

2. certified copy of the chinese document

3. notary's statement in chinese that the copy is accurate , in chinese

4. english translation

5. notary's statement in english that the english translation is accurate

6. notary's statement in english that the chinese copy is accurate.

7. notary's statement of who he/she is in english

8. notary's statement of who he/she is, in chinese

one pays some bucks for white books.

white books for a K-1 visa are presented to the IV Unit on Interview Day

white books for a CR-1 visa are presented to NVC during document collection and/or to the IV Unit on Interview Day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just meant, we haven't been told that we can set up the interview yet. We have to wait till we receive the packet first in order to set up the interview, as far as I know.

Are you saying we need to get the translations of those documents into English by ourselves before the interview or they give us the white book at the interview in order to complete the translation?

I don't really fully understand how we go about the translation.

Filed: Timeline

Mitch and Darnell,

So I just got the packet from GZ. There is not much in there other than a forms checklist, a copy of our original application and a document that states our case number.

I checked the guides and what not, its not very clear what the next step is.

The next step is get the police report, document stating she is single, and copy of birth certificate (is that necessary? she says she doesn't think she was ever issued one)

All that translated and notarized

Then need to complete the DS-230 AND Affid. of support

correct?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
and copy of birth certificate (is that necessary? she says she doesn't think she was ever issued one)

Yes it is necessary. The document she will obtain will come from the notary office (公证处) where her hukou is located. It's the notary office that issues the "white book" Darnell speaks of and it is the "white book" of all civil documents the Consulate will require.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Mitch and Darnell,

So I just got the packet from GZ. There is not much in there other than a forms checklist, a copy of our original application and a document that states our case number.

I checked the guides and what not, its not very clear what the next step is.

The next step is get the police report, document stating she is single, and copy of birth certificate (is that necessary? she says she doesn't think she was ever issued one)

All that translated and notarized

Then need to complete the DS-230 AND Affid. of support

correct?

Another member showed me this, recently.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/K1 Instruction GSS 2013.pdf

It was cross-linked at the ustraveldocs website. Since you know the GUZ #, you should set up an account and study ..

see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=6200946 for how to do.

Things have changed at GUZ IV - you must make account at ustraveldocs

See http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/429253-embassy-numbers-general-status-i-actually-talked-to-people/?view=findpost&p=6216968

re: hukuo -

must show hukuo book to get:

1. birth certificate

2. police clearance report

3. certificate of no marry, single status

then once those 3 things are got, must go elsewhere to get the notarial translation made, the white books.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I just meant, we haven't been told that we can set up the interview yet. We have to wait till we receive the packet first in order to set up the interview, as far as I know.

My understanding is a bit different.

Once you have the GUZ #, set up an account at the ustraveldocs website,

and study.

There's a payment thing to do - once you pay and have the receipt #, you enter the receipt # and it's this action that triggers the next step, to schedule the interview.

Sure, there's some biodata to do, entered at the website, but if you don't pay? you can't schedule the interview yerself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We are filling out the DS-156 for the pre interview documents that I got from this website....http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-preparedocuments.asp

We came to the question "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" The reality is, the most we would probably stay is 1.5 months. Would there be any issue with putting that and still receiving the visa?

Timeline

Yes.

Timeline

I answered that question. Sorry to seem obtuse.

Timeline

the I-134 is not legally binding as enforcement of support.

However, it is legally binding as a legal document, that's YOUR signature on it , and when you sign, you are declaring all things to be true.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.