NikLR

Panel physicians

41 posts in this topic

There are now 4 panel physicians in Ontario, 1 in BC and 1 in Montreal.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-MED-ENGL-0012-1304.pdf

Panel Physicians in Canada

Only the following physicians have been designated to perform a U.S. Immigration Medical in Canada

BRITISH COLUMBIA

Dr. Gulzar Cheema

7170–120th Street

Surrey, BC V3W 3M8

604-597-6887

email: panelphysicianusa@drcheema.ca

http://www.drcheema.ca

ONTARIO

Dr. Howard Seiden & Associates

Front-Frederick Health Services

365 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400

Toronto, ON M4W 3L4

416-362-5603

1-866-362-5603

www.panelphysicians.com

Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas

200 St. Claire Ave. W. Suite 101-W

Toronto, ON M4V 1R1

416-960-1014

Dr. Randall T. Lee

2901 Lawrence Ave., East, Suite 201

Scarborough, ON M1P 2T4

416-266-4543

Dr. Ian Zatzman

955 Major MacKenzie Dr., West Suite 208

Vaughan, ON L6A 4P9

289-553-7711

QUEBEC

Medisys Health Group Inc.

500 Sherbrooke St., West #1100

Montreal, QC H3A 3C6

514-499-2777 ext. 3500

1-800-499-1394 ext. 3500

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are now 4 panel physicians in Ontario, 1 in BC and 1 in Montreal.

http://travel.state....L-0012-1304.pdf

Four in one province is crazy, and 2 in the same city is even more insane. They need to instead add one in the maritimes, one in the prairies, and one in the northern provinces headbonk.gif They need to learn to spread them out instead of clumping them to make it easier for people to get their medicals done before the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I assume it has more to do with where US embassies are, whether its convenient for Canadian citizens is kind of irrelevant to them unfortunately

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I assume it has more to do with where US embassies are, whether its convenient for Canadian citizens is kind of irrelevant to them unfortunately

If that were true, then there should be one near Halifax, one near Winnipeg, one near Calgary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

4 in Ontario is pretty ridiculous considering they are all within an hour apart.. Works out great for me now there's one even closer to me but unhelpful for anyone that's not in BC or Ontario :(

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

If that were true, then there should be one near Halifax, one near Winnipeg, one near Calgary.

Agreed. Even if those places don't to the visas they should have one by every consulate. It's not like they're not gonna make money! Lol.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

May more have to do that Doctors do not want the business, as most seem to be busy enough.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

May more have to do that Doctors do not want the business, as most seem to be busy enough.

Quite possible. I had to book my yearly physical over a month in advance. I'm not looking forward to Dr shopping next year :wacko:

Seriously though, there are panel physicians that do Canadian and Australian Immigration Medicals in both Calgary and Edmonton.

You’d think it’d be easy enough to get them on board for US Immigration Medicals.

I agree. I wonder if it would be cheaper to pop over to Toronto for 2 days, get a medical, then up to Montreal over night for the interview. I'll have to look into costs once I get an interview date. Medisys needs 3 days I think.

I agree. I wonder if it would be cheaper to pop over to Toronto for 2 days, get a medical, then up to Montreal over night for the interview. I'll have to look into costs once I get an interview date. Medisys needs 3 days I think.

Yes, they do. That's where I got mine and it took 3 days. Although, I lived less than an hour from Montreal, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me.

Timeline

lmao they are all clumped together.

Hilarious.

But here's my questions.

1- are they cheaper/more expensive/same cost

2- Are those (2) new cities in ontario less populated cities than toronto?

Because I considered taking the train just to avoid traffic since toronto appts are SUPER early in the morning.

Idk... I suppose there's still traffic on the highway, but I notice there's a split a good distance from toronto going off the 403 to the 407 so maybe it's driveable?

Plus, I thought, train would be better for toronto then I don't have to pay for parking.

Are those other cities pay-for-parking type cities?

looks like if i want to avoid population, i go to Vaughan

oldlady.gif

You'd be hard pressed to find a town or city that isn't pay for parking. :/ So annoying. You may just have to call for prices. They aren't uniform just tend to be over $250 for the old ones.

Also I think taking the train if you go in is a good idea. I remember my one and only experience with driving into Toronto traffic and being stuck on a bridge in Hamilton for HOURS. That was in 1994 though.

Edited by NikiR

Timeline

You'd be hard pressed to find a town or city that isn't pay for parking. :/ So annoying. You may just have to call for prices. They aren't uniform just tend to be over $250 for the old ones.

Also I think taking the train if you go in is a good idea. I remember my one and only experience with driving into Toronto traffic and being stuck on a bridge in Hamilton for HOURS. That was in 1994 though.

If I go to Toronto, hands down taking the train.

Someone said they only have exams there until like 11am or something so there's no way I'd make it in time w/traffic w/o leaving at like 6am

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.