08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!! I just found this topic. Anywa, we got an RFE 04/09/13 and Vermont confirmed that they received our reply on 04/17/13 and until now, there's no sign of NOA2. Anyone in the same boat with us ?

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Finally!!! NOA2

Congratulations Chemmy!! So glad to hear about your good news, buddy :) I hope the rest of your journey goes by smoothly and I hope I get my NOA2 as you have!

Ramsey, how are you holding up? Any news of a second RFE or a NOA2? Thinking about you guys smile.png

jenafid, that is very thoughtful of you :) unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from the USCIS yet...This is almost my 3rd week after the CSC received my RFE reply. Not sure what's taking them so long, it's making my fiance and I really sad that they would drop the ball on our case :( I am continuing to pray that we here good news this week that will lift our spirits.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hey everone so i send m rfe on may 8th i send in more pictures a letter explaining why i dont have an airline stubs ,because we just live across the border i also send in the FMM that I got in tj last year when we first decided to get married over there its a tourist permit I completly forgot i had that , i shloud of send it in m 1st packet, i hope its enough evidence , so im waiting its been 3 weeks and still no answer not even if they received the letter another mistake i made was not sending it by ups :(, so i have no way of tracking my letter , my congressman office has really not been any help , but im callin gthem tomorrow just in case thay know something, im worried my letter got lost?how long does it tak eto get there i live in california,,,,but yeah congrats to everyone who has there noa2!!!!!

Hi Everyone! My wife received an RFE notice on April 23rd. They lost her medical exam DS forms and wanted an updated g-325a. She ended up taking another medical exam to get her I-693 and sent it all in asap with a receipt date of May. 6th. We were looking forward to approval as this RFE was pretty straight forward and easy. Last week, however, on May 23 my wife received an email notifying her a second RFE has been mailed. Talk about a riding a roller coaster this has been crazy! We should receive the hard copy today or tomorrow. I am leaving around June 10th to catch a ship overseas so hopefully we can get my wife's new RFE sorted out before I leave so we can have piece of mind. This has been nerve racking lately.

Anyways congrats to all of you who have been approved and wish those still waiting like us best of luck.

Brent

Timeline

hey everone so i send m rfe on may 8th i send in more pictures a letter explaining why i dont have an airline stubs ,because we just live across the border i also send in the FMM that I got in tj last year when we first decided to get married over there its a tourist permit I completly forgot i had that , i shloud of send it in m 1st packet, i hope its enough evidence , so im waiting its been 3 weeks and still no answer not even if they received the letter another mistake i made was not sending it by ups sad.png, so i have no way of tracking my letter , my congressman office has really not been any help , but im callin gthem tomorrow just in case thay know something, im worried my letter got lost?how long does it tak eto get there i live in california,,,,but yeah congrats to everyone who has there noa2!!!!!

lovelylovegia, they should have definitely notified you that they received the RFE by now. Honestly, I sent in my RFE reply overnight shipping through USPS and I believe they sent me a notification the next day saying that they received it. I would contact the USCIS and talk with the second level (first level don't have too much power) and ask them if they have your reply on file so you can know if anything is required on your part. Good luck!

Hi Everyone! My wife received an RFE notice on April 23rd. They lost her medical exam DS forms and wanted an updated g-325a. She ended up taking another medical exam to get her I-693 and sent it all in asap with a receipt date of May. 6th. We were looking forward to approval as this RFE was pretty straight forward and easy. Last week, however, on May 23 my wife received an email notifying her a second RFE has been mailed. Talk about a riding a roller coaster this has been crazy! We should receive the hard copy today or tomorrow. I am leaving around June 10th to catch a ship overseas so hopefully we can get my wife's new RFE sorted out before I leave so we can have piece of mind. This has been nerve racking lately.

Anyways congrats to all of you who have been approved and wish those still waiting like us best of luck.

Brent

Thanks for the words of support, Brent! I had the same thing happen to me, they notified me on May 15 that they sent me another RFE but I'm still confused on whether that really is the case? Takeo was saying that sometimes that is done in error on the USCIS part. I think it would be a good idea for you to contact the USCIS on their number and make sure you talk to the higher level (second level) guy/girl and ask them whether this is the same RFE you received before or if it is, in fact, a new RFE. I haven't received my NOA2 yet they had received my RFE reply on May 9. It is definitely nerve-racking and frustrating :( Good luck buddy

Sincerely,
Ramsey

lovelylovegia, they should have definitely notified you that they received the RFE by now. Honestly, I sent in my RFE reply overnight shipping through USPS and I believe they sent me a notification the next day saying that they received it. I would contact the USCIS and talk with the second level (first level don't have too much power) and ask them if they have your reply on file so you can know if anything is required on your part. Good luck!

Thanks for the words of support, Brent! I had the same thing happen to me, they notified me on May 15 that they sent me another RFE but I'm still confused on whether that really is the case? Takeo was saying that sometimes that is done in error on the USCIS part. I think it would be a good idea for you to contact the USCIS on their number and make sure you talk to the higher level (second level) guy/girl and ask them whether this is the same RFE you received before or if it is, in fact, a new RFE. I haven't received my NOA2 yet they had received my RFE reply on May 9. It is definitely nerve-racking and frustrating sad.png Good luck buddy

Ramsey: Thanks for the advice. Our mail should be arriving in the next couple hours so if we do not receive anything today I will call. I will keep you guys updated and can't wait to hear any good news from you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi ramsey i called the uscis today and I askeds to speak to the second level , i spoke with the second level agent and she told me that i should be receiving as letter in the mail by june 3rd eith an answer of wether they got my letter or not, she also gave me the uscis email so i can reach them and asked them about the rfe i havent done tat yet because i want to send in the email the evidence tjat i send them in my letter in case that for sum reason they didnt receive it, im not at home right now but when i get back ill share the email with you guys to see if its any help for any of you

Timeline

hi ramsey i called the uscis today and I askeds to speak to the second level , i spoke with the second level agent and she told me that i should be receiving as letter in the mail by june 3rd eith an answer of wether they got my letter or not, she also gave me the uscis email so i can reach them and asked them about the rfe i havent done tat yet because i want to send in the email the evidence tjat i send them in my letter in case that for sum reason they didnt receive it, im not at home right now but when i get back ill share the email with you guys to see if its any help for any of you

Hey lovelylovegia, glad to hear you are making some progress, please do share the e-mail address with us because I am very curious. There was an update on my case status last night saying that I was mailed an RFE (again) which is so weird, this is the 4th time they say that I was e-mailed an RFE. I'm just very confused myself and very sad :( I don't know what to think of this...I will be calling the USCIS at 8:00 AM so I can speak to the second level to sort this out. Thanks for your insight.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey lovelylovegia, glad to hear you are making some progress, please do share the e-mail address with us because I am very curious. There was an update on my case status last night saying that I was mailed an RFE (again) which is so weird, this is the 4th time they say that I was e-mailed an RFE. I'm just very confused myself and very sad sad.png I don't know what to think of this...I will be calling the USCIS at 8:00 AM so I can speak to the second level to sort this out. Thanks for your insight.

What are they doing with your case??? Geesh, I'm praying that it's a computer problem and the notice will finally be a Post Decision. Hope you get answers soon, I know how agonizing it is to not know what the heck is going on. If there is any silver lining to this, the patience I have learned from this grueling K1 process is also helping me in my relationship and the whole planning the wedding thing. After K1, there's still the green card process...but as I said before, it is all worth it! My happiness is worth it!

Timeline

What are they doing with your case??? Geesh, I'm praying that it's a computer problem and the notice will finally be a Post Decision. Hope you get answers soon, I know how agonizing it is to not know what the heck is going on. If there is any silver lining to this, the patience I have learned from this grueling K1 process is also helping me in my relationship and the whole planning the wedding thing. After K1, there's still the green card process...but as I said before, it is all worth it! My happiness is worth it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Takeo! I am trying to be as patient as I can. I sincerely hope that it is just a computer glitch and that they actually are still reviewing my RFE (almost 3 weeks now since they got it). I contacted the USCIS 2 times so far today to speak with a Tier 2, the first one was completely unhelpful, mean and so rude, she closed the phone in my face and I was being so nice and reasonable. The 2nd Tier 2 I talked to (keep in mind I waited about 1 hr 30 min each time) was a lot more helpful and understanding, however he could not really tell me if this RFE is the same as the original that was sent in or if it is actually a new RFE. He said that he worked in the CSC before and that if I got a reply saying the received my evidence, then they are definitely reviewing it. If it is a re-maling, then that doesn't mean the notice is a deal breaker, it is just that the office assistant has to send those out when I make a request.

I'm still pretty confused but at least he helped me a little bit. I am praying for a quick adjudication/decision so that I may move on to the next step of the process.

Takeo, has your package arrived in Tokyo yet? My uncle was telling me it is a good idea for your fiance to do all her medical exams before the interview so she can schedule it right away.

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.