SarahandBen

How Long is London Embassy taking?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there :) I am a British K1 Beneficiary. Was just wondering what sort of time frame to expect for the second half of the K1 application. Any other British members recently get an interview appointment who can give me an idea how long they are taking recently? We filed in the beginning of February, so got a while till that point, but just trying to get a rough idea. Also, are there any techniques for getting a sooner interview date?

Thanks so much! :)

event.png

Hi there :) I am a British K1 Beneficiary. Was just wondering what sort of time frame to expect for the second half of the K1 application. Any other British members recently get an interview appointment who can give me an idea how long they are taking recently? We filed in the beginning of February, so got a while till that point, but just trying to get a rough idea. Also, are there any techniques for getting a sooner interview date?

You can add the UK forum to your daily reading. It's all about the London process. Start here with this pinned thread and you'll catch on to a lot. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

The whole forum is here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/. Bookmark it.

You have to have your police certificate for your medical and before your interview is assigned. It takes a few weeks. Not that long. You have plenty of time until NOA2, so best if you just start reading that K1 London thread to pick up on the tips. it's there so we don't have write pages and pages to each person that asks. Anything that's not clear, ask in that thread. The embassy website has much info too if you click all the links and study it.

This shows the London timeframe. It varies like everything else in the process.

london-k1doshistory.gif

Good luck to you (F)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Oh that graph is really helpful. Yea from what I can gather, reading the London forums, NOA2 to Visa in Hand varies from one month to 3 months on average ( sometimes more than 3 seldom less than 1)

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Oh that graph is really helpful. Yea from what I can gather, reading the London forums, NOA2 to Visa in Hand varies from one month to 3 months on average ( sometimes more than 3 seldom less than 1)

I would think one month is highly unlikely to hope for. 2 1/2 is probably fairly average for those who get their ducks in a row. The graph is kinda hidden on VJ unless you read every detail and click every link like I did when I was obsessing over NOA2. (Can you even imagine that I thought 50 days was an eternity of waiting?)

So the graph...

Click Immigration timelines in the menu bar

Find in the left column and click K1visa timeline Trends

Then you see all the graphs, but you have to scroll way down until you see:

Step 6: Embassy K-1 Visa Processing Time (receives petition until issues visa)

NOTE: This is an average of all consulates (see K1 stats page for more information)

>> To view specific processing time information for several popular consulates click here.

Click on that teeny tiny "here" and you get to the embassy graphs page.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

(Can you even imagine that I thought 50 days was an eternity of waiting?)

There is something about interacting with USCIS that alters one's perception of time. We are already ready past the half way stage in the NOA1-NOA2 journey ( well I hope we're past half way...) and that's gone pretty quick. I suspect when you get an NOA2 time becomes inversely proportional to how much you didn't get done that you really really should have done earlier :blush:

Richard

event.png

event.png

There is something about interacting with USCIS that alters one's perception of time. We are already ready past the half way stage in the NOA1-NOA2 journey ( well I hope we're past half way...) and that's gone pretty quick. I suspect when you get an NOA2 time becomes inversely proportional to how much you didn't get done that you really really should have done earlier :blush:

I think you get a perception of how long it will take and you think yours will surely come early because you did such an awesome application. Then when you exceed that time it alters everything. My baby came 3 weeks later than predicted and also after my friend's. Well it felt more like 3 years than 3 weeks. With the NOA2, I studied timelines of the month before we applied. People got theirs in 2 weeks to a month so that was my expectation. Then some that filed after me got approved before me (just like my friend that had her baby first). It was so intensely disappointing. I was logging in to USCIS all day long and could think of nothing else but who got approved today and why didn't I. Then I recognized my insanity and forced myself to quit checking and get on with other things. I felt so much better when I kicked that habit.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I think you get a perception of how long it will take and you think yours will surely come early because you did such an awesome application.

You must have seen our application :-)

Yerrs - I rarely check with USCIS but admit to having a small problem with checking the CSC approvals threads on here following the recent problem in seeing *any* approvals. The recent spate of activity including approvals for filers one month ahead of me has caused some signs of VJ addiction though. Given that I think they'll carry on doing 2012 filers I think I'm still "good" for another few months but hey who knows...

Richard

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Country specific topic moved to regional country forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Hi can anyone advise me the graph noted above is this related to my timeline and application we sent of our I-129f in February 2013 and we are awaiting the next stage, is this graph the next stage time frame

Any assistance will be most helpful

Anne

Hi can anyone advise me the graph noted above is this related to my timeline and application we sent of our I-129f in February 2013 and we are awaiting the next stage, is this graph the next stage time frame

Any assistance will be most helpful

Anne

Yes it is related. After the petition by the US Citizen is approved, then the UK beneficiary must apply for a visa through the embassy in London. That graph is showing a historical average of how long it has taken VJ members (who keep up their timelines) to get from petition approval to visa approval. Right now the averages say you might get a visa just before Christmas, but as you can tell the times change for better or worse, so don't bet any money on what todays's averages may say.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Oh wow as long as Christmas? I was going to send for my police report this week and try to schedule the medical for myself and my son for about a months time? As I have a very busy period of work over the next few months and it will be difficult to get time off work, guess I was just wishful thinking it wouldn't take so long :(

Anne

Oh wow as long as Christmas? I was going to send for my police report this week and try to schedule the medical for myself and my son for about a months time? As I have a very busy period of work over the next few months and it will be difficult to get time off work, guess I was just wishful thinking it wouldn't take so long :(

Anne

Have you looked at your timeline? It predicts petition approval around 1- Sept. Then your file goes from USCIS to the Dept of State via the NVC. There you get a new Dept of State case number starting with LND (for London). Then it goes to the embassy. The clinic won't even allow you to make a medical appointment until you have received your LNDXXXXXXXX case number. Also don't be confused by what K1s from other countries post because each consulate has their own way of doing the medical, sending forms, getting an interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.