Articgirl

Questions about interview in Vancouver

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi There... My fiance and I are trying to get a handle on how long it generally takes to get your interview at Vancouver once your NOA2 has been approved. Does anybody know the typical wait time? Also, for a child do I need to have a letter from her father allowing her to immigrate to the states? If so, what does that look like? I'm not thinking anything will happen soon but we want to be ready. I'm assuming she will need vaccination records, a police report and passport photos. If you have any information I would so appreciate it. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi There... My fiance and I are trying to get a handle on how long it generally takes to get your interview at Vancouver once your NOA2 has been approved. Does anybody know the typical wait time? Also, for a child do I need to have a letter from her father allowing her to immigrate to the states? If so, what does that look like? I'm not thinking anything will happen soon but we want to be ready. I'm assuming she will need vaccination records, a police report and passport photos. If you have any information I would so appreciate it. Thank you.

You book your own interview, You need to get the information online from the USembassy/consul website.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

You book your own interview, You need to get the information online from the USembassy/consul website.

Thanks:) I am trying to figure out what the typical wait time is from when Vancouver gets your info to when you book your interview. Is it hard to get a spot or is it fairly quick once your paper work is in place and you can actually go online and book it? Thank you for your reply.

Timeline

I am not sure what it is like at the moment. When we booked our interview last fall it was about a 3 week wait and we took an appointment 4 weeks later. It may vary depending on the month.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I am not sure what it is like at the moment. When we booked our interview last fall it was about a 3 week wait and we took an appointment 4 weeks later. It may vary depending on the month.

Thank you... I would be happy to get it in that time frame. Of course I'm waiting the NOA2 and have no idea how long that will take:) Hopefully soon. Thank you!

Timeline

Thank you... I would be happy to get it in that time frame. Of course I'm waiting the NOA2 and have no idea how long that will take:) Hopefully soon. Thank you!

I booked my interview on March 26th and the next available slot was April 3rd. It seems like you can get one pretty quick.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As for the letter, yes you would need a notarized letter from the father saying he agrees to the child immigrating to the US. I am going through the same thing. My baby girl wnats to come with me, but I have to get her dad to agree...

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Basically it takes about 2 or 3 weeks after the date of your NOA2 for Vancouver to receive your case. You can then communicate via e-mail with the Vancouver consulate and they can send you packet 3 via e-mail and you can then fax or e-mail back packet 3 and they will e-mail you packet 4. They are very quick to communicate, so if you have everything ready to go it will go very quickly. I'm sorry I cannot answer your questions about your child etc. as I did not move with children. You can see in my timeline how fast the time progressed after my NOA2.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

It is super fast once it hits Vancouver. The wait time for an interview after you compile all your documents and pay your interview fees is 2-3 days. Of course you need to get the medical first though. They can get you in very quickly too - but allow at least a week's wait for the medical.

My daughter has had all of her Canadian immunizations done, but the USCIS requires more than Canada gives. Double-check the immunizations for her age group. If you don't have your immunization card, go to your doctor and get a Titer test for yourself for MMR and Tdap. It's way cheaper than getting them re-done like I did.

Yes to the police report if she is over 16. That took two weeks for us to get because we went through our municipal police not the RCMP. Also order long form birth certificates if you don't have them. You need original divorce certificates as well. Have a new Intent to Marry letter prepared as well as the Affidavit of Support ready and dated within 30 days of the interview. Start thinking of what you will use for evidence.

You can check the Vancouver Consulate website for the documents that you will need and get them ready in advance. Those forms are so tedious and annoying. They were the WORST part of this process. You must fill out separate forms for your daughter as well.

You will need 5 US Visa photos for each of you, but they must be taken within 30 days of the interview.

You may be surprised at all the little fees that are going to start popping up. We calculated that we have spent a little over $1500 from start to finish.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It is super fast once it hits Vancouver. The wait time for an interview after you compile all your documents and pay your interview fees is 2-3 days. Of course you need to get the medical first though. They can get you in very quickly too - but allow at least a week's wait for the medical.

My daughter has had all of her Canadian immunizations done, but the USCIS requires more than Canada gives. Double-check the immunizations for her age group. If you don't have your immunization card, go to your doctor and get a Titer test for yourself for MMR and Tdap. It's way cheaper than getting them re-done like I did.

Yes to the police report if she is over 16. That took two weeks for us to get because we went through our municipal police not the RCMP. Also order long form birth certificates if you don't have them. You need original divorce certificates as well. Have a new Intent to Marry letter prepared as well as the Affidavit of Support ready and dated within 30 days of the interview. Start thinking of what you will use for evidence.

You can check the Vancouver Consulate website for the documents that you will need and get them ready in advance. Those forms are so tedious and annoying. They were the WORST part of this process. You must fill out separate forms for your daughter as well.

You will need 5 US Visa photos for each of you, but they must be taken within 30 days of the interview.

You may be surprised at all the little fees that are going to start popping up. We calculated that we have spent a little over $1500 from start to finish.

Great information. Thanks! Question about the medical. We have to do that in Vancouver before the interview. Is that correct? I'm from Calgary and it would be so great if I could get it done there. Help!

My 17 year old and I both have our police checks applied for. I got blood work showing what vaccinations I've had done and I got MMR and Tdap done a few weeks ago. She has all vaccinations and will get the one that's missing. (I can't remember the name.) The notarized letter from her Dad is the next step.

Long form birth certificate? I've never heard of that in Alberta? Do you know it if varies by province?

5 US Visas photos? Do you mean taken in the US?? That isn't possible?

This is a very helpful post. I hope you don't mind me asking more questions. Thank you!

Timeline

Great information. Thanks! Question about the medical. We have to do that in Vancouver before the interview. Is that correct? I'm from Calgary and it would be so great if I could get it done there. Help!

My 17 year old and I both have our police checks applied for. I got blood work showing what vaccinations I've had done and I got MMR and Tdap done a few weeks ago. She has all vaccinations and will get the one that's missing. (I can't remember the name.) The notarized letter from her Dad is the next step.

Long form birth certificate? I've never heard of that in Alberta? Do you know it if varies by province?

5 US Visas photos? Do you mean taken in the US?? That isn't possible?

This is a very helpful post. I hope you don't mind me asking more questions. Thank you!

Well you can either do the medical in Surrey (just outside Vancouver),or you can go to Ontario or Montreal. Unfortunately there isn't a physician who does them anywhere in the Prairies. If you opt to do the one in Vancouver, it is drcheema.ca and click on USA immigration medical exam at the top. Sounds like you are good to go on vaccinations and just finishing that up.

Long form birth certificate basically means it has to have your parents's names on it - I had always just had the birth certificate card with the basic facts on it from BC but I had to order in the long form one. It's actually quite pretty! I am not sure how Alberta does its birth certificates but if you are getting close you may want to look into that soon. It took me about 2 weeks to get mine after ordering it in BC but not sure on Alberta's timeline.

The passport photos have to be US style not Canadian style-they have different sizing. I live close to the border so just got mine taken at a Costco in the USA, but you can get them done in Canada at certain places. You will need to specify that it is for a US version not the Canadian one. Other posters on this board will probably have some suggestions where you can go and get those done, or you can try calling where you'd normally get them done to see if they also do the US version. On a bright note, the US version is less picky on certain things!

VeeNDee

Timeline

Well you can either do the medical in Surrey (just outside Vancouver),or you can go to Ontario or Montreal. Unfortunately there isn't a physician who does them anywhere in the Prairies. If you opt to do the one in Vancouver, it is drcheema.ca and click on USA immigration medical exam at the top. Sounds like you are good to go on vaccinations and just finishing that up.

Long form birth certificate basically means it has to have your parents's names on it - I had always just had the birth certificate card with the basic facts on it from BC but I had to order in the long form one. It's actually quite pretty! I am not sure how Alberta does its birth certificates but if you are getting close you may want to look into that soon. It took me about 2 weeks to get mine after ordering it in BC but not sure on Alberta's timeline.

The passport photos have to be US style not Canadian style-they have different sizing. I live close to the border so just got mine taken at a Costco in the USA, but you can get them done in Canada at certain places. You will need to specify that it is for a US version not the Canadian one. Other posters on this board will probably have some suggestions where you can go and get those done, or you can try calling where you'd normally get them done to see if they also do the US version. On a bright note, the US version is less picky on certain things!

THANK YOU! I am literally making a list off your post! I checked and AB does have long form birth certificates. Problem is I have to be there to order it and I'm in the US. Is this something you have to have? I have my wallet size birth certificate that I've used for everything else.

I will get the passport photos done while here and get my daughter to get hers done US style in Canada.

I so very much appreciate this information. Thanks again!!!

Timeline

That sucks hat you had to pay for your immunizations. I got the blood work and the Tdap and MMR done for free by Alberta Health Services. Thank goodness. This is an expensive process. I'm happy to save wherever I can!

Timeline

THANK YOU! I am literally making a list off your post! I checked and AB does have long form birth certificates. Problem is I have to be there to order it and I'm in the US. Is this something you have to have? I have my wallet size birth certificate that I've used for everything else.

I will get the passport photos done while here and get my daughter to get hers done US style in Canada.

I so very much appreciate this information. Thanks again!!!

I am pretty sure that the wallet sized card is not good enough. It is odd that you can't just order your long form birth certificate over the phone. I know in BC you could even order it online as an option but I preferred to talk to an actual person just to make sure it was the right one.

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.