Lynkali

new letter-writing campaign to Ombudsman?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

As happy as I am, truly, for all of the December and late November filers who are currently being approved at CSC, the unfairness of the situation -- the huge black hole of petitions left stranded between July and November -- makes my blood absolutely boil.

I am truly thinking that our letter-writing campaign a few weeks ago added to the pressure CSC must already have been feeling, and that we therefore unknowingly contributed to their idiotic decision to process filers from only 4-5 months ago -- to bring down their AVERAGE processing time and thus show that they are working efficiently. It's absolutely sickening.

At the beginning of April I had sent a very informative letter both to Donald Neufeld but also the USCIS Ombudsman (paper and email copies both). The email to the Ombudsman got a reply, from an actual human, as several of us reported. I then followed up to that reply and got this further confirmation, back on April 3, about the water damage and situation at CSC:

On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:18 , OLUInquiries <OLUInquiries@uscis.dhs.gov> wrote:

Although the center was closed for 2 days, there was minimal down time and all files affected by the water damage are available for staff to work in date order.

Given that reply and the absolute FALSE claim that CSC is working in date order, I replied this morning yet again to the Ombudsman. I pointed out the current situation of December filers being approved quickly, the huge increase in processing and therefore the staggeringly WRONG average that will be reported in the coming weeks. I specifically linked to Igor's List because I want them to see that we KNOW what is going on. I did not even mention my case number, because this is not about me -- this is about the ridiculous manipulation of ALL of our petitions.

I have not yet received any reply. My earlier emails (on April 2-3) were answered within an hour, so I don't know why there has been no answer after a full day.

I would urge ALL of you who are outraged by recent developments to email the Ombudsman, where we know they at least read (and sometimes reply!) to our correspondence. The email address is OLUInquiries <OLUInquiries@uscis.dhs.gov>.

I hope that another deluge of emails will force them to at least acknowledge the situation, if not change it.

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wrote to the Ombudsman on Friday evening but haven't received a response either. The last two times I wrote to them at night, they responded to me early in the morning, but this time I haven't heard anything back from them yet. It is possible that they are actually contacting CSC to sort out the situation, or maybe they are just ignoring me because I have been complaining too much :(

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Well, I just got a response to my email from yesterday.

On Apr 16, 2013, at 08:24 , OLUInquiries <OLUInquiries@uscis.dhs.gov> wrote:

We were able to locate the issue that may have caused a few days’ worth of cases to be worked out of order. This was a result of the flood at the CSC a few weeks back. The cases in their file room were wet, and the whole file room was relocated. As a result, they didn’t have access to every case during that time. They believe they have now resolved that issue and are back on track starting today.

I don't know whether to believe that or not. Call me cynical, but it sounds like a cover story, with maybe a grain of truth embedded in it somewhere.

I guess we'll see whether they actually start processing July cases in the next few days or not. Either way, looks like us Oct-Nov filers are in for a LONG wait still.

Congratulations to the lucky December people, I just hope they realize how incredibly insanely LUCKY they were. :(

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Well, I just got a response to my email from yesterday.

I don't know whether to believe that or not. Call me cynical, but it sounds like a cover story, with maybe a grain of truth embedded in it somewhere.

I guess we'll see whether they actually start processing July cases in the next few days or not. Either way, looks like us Oct-Nov filers are in for a LONG wait still.

Congratulations to the lucky December people, I just hope they realize how incredibly insanely LUCKY they were. :(

They are moving!!! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/425097-august-6th-csc-couple-approved-on-415/page__pid__6156889#entry6156889

Hang in there.... Your date is coming up!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

As happy as I am, truly, for all of the December and late November filers who are currently being approved at CSC, the unfairness of the situation -- the huge black hole of petitions left stranded between July and November -- makes my blood absolutely boil.

I am truly thinking that our letter-writing campaign a few weeks ago added to the pressure CSC must already have been feeling, and that we therefore unknowingly contributed to their idiotic decision to process filers from only 4-5 months ago -- to bring down their AVERAGE processing time and thus show that they are working efficiently. It's absolutely sickening.

At the beginning of April I had sent a very informative letter both to Donald Neufeld but also the USCIS Ombudsman (paper and email copies both). The email to the Ombudsman got a reply, from an actual human, as several of us reported. I then followed up to that reply and got this further confirmation, back on April 3, about the water damage and situation at CSC:

Given that reply and the absolute FALSE claim that CSC is working in date order, I replied this morning yet again to the Ombudsman. I pointed out the current situation of December filers being approved quickly, the huge increase in processing and therefore the staggeringly WRONG average that will be reported in the coming weeks. I specifically linked to Igor's List because I want them to see that we KNOW what is going on. I did not even mention my case number, because this is not about me -- this is about the ridiculous manipulation of ALL of our petitions.

I have not yet received any reply. My earlier emails (on April 2-3) were answered within an hour, so I don't know why there has been no answer after a full day.

I would urge ALL of you who are outraged by recent developments to email the Ombudsman, where we know they at least read (and sometimes reply!) to our correspondence. The email address is OLUInquiries <OLUInquiries@uscis.dhs.gov>.

I hope that another deluge of emails will force them to at least acknowledge the situation, if not change it.

I wrote today and since I'm not American he's not allowed to answer me :angry:

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello- Do you possibly have a draft of what you sent to the Ombudsman? I'll send something similar I just want to make sure we're all reporting the same data.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.