pluis

NVC Checklist for Police Certificate from The Netherlands

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

So far, our NVC process has gone off without a hitch, but yesterday I received a checklist from the NVC, indicating that my Dutch police certificate was not included in the IV-package. I have a decent idea on what to do, but would like confirmation from you if you can give it.

I did not include a police certificate in the package, because individual citizens are not allowed or able to request their own police certificates. Only the organization which needs it (an employer, or, in this case, the American consulate) can request it. The NVC is aware of this and even mentions this in the checklist. The American Consulate, too, instructs Dutch people that they themselves will take care of the police certificate before the interview.

I plan to call the NVC on Monday to ask for clarification. I hope they can tell me how to respond to the checklist. I just wanted to ask if anyone has received a checklist like this as well when they could not obtain a police certificate. What did you do? How did you respond? Is there anything I should know about this situation?

Below is a quote from the checklist I received from the NVC, to show that they are aware that a police certificate cannot be obtained by me:

______10 - NETHERLANDS POLICE CERTIFICATE:_________________________

Available. Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States

Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed. Any certificate presented directly

by applicants cannot be accepted. To request a police record, the visa processing post should send an

email to the Consulate General in Amsterdam at ImmigrantVisasAMS@state.gov. The request must

include:

Applicant's full name(s) including aliases:

Date, city/town and country of birth;

Complete address of last residence in The Netherlands.

Edited by pluis

I have a blog!
My blog.

First date: May 31 2009
Moved in together: April 16 2011
Got married: November 25 2011

Sent I-130 (from abroad): November 5 2012
NOA 1: November 8 2012 (MSC / NBC)
NOA 2: January 2 2013

NVC case complete: April 15 2013
Interview date: June 25 2013
POE: ???

I figured I could update this thread with the answer I got from the NVC.

The lady I spoke to quickly confirmed that the checklist for the police certificate should not have been sent. When asked if a response from me was necessary, she said no. She'd ask a supervisor to look at the case, review the unnecessary checklist and to officially register the case as complete. She said we should expect to be scheduled for an interview soon.

I am happy and relieved.

I have a blog!
My blog.

I figured I could update this thread with the answer I got from the NVC.

The lady I spoke to quickly confirmed that the checklist for the police certificate should not have been sent. When asked if a response from me was necessary, she said no. She'd ask a supervisor to look at the case, review the unnecessary checklist and to officially register the case as complete. She said we should expect to be scheduled for an interview soon.

I am happy and relieved.

OH that's good! :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thank you, NikiR

I have a blog!
My blog.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me too. You do need to make sure you provide the NVC or the Consulate with a cover letter that includes the information the Amsterdam consulate will need to request your Netherlands police certificate. This includes:

Applicant's full name(s) including aliases:
Date, city/town and country of birth;
Complete address of last residence in The Netherlands

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the exact same RFE today, planning on calling the NVC this afternoon to ask for clarification. Hope we get a supervisor to look at it aswell. I'm glad I found this post, because I was getting a little worried.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.