MaryRyan

Called the Senators office..

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Take time to come to terms with this setback. You will feel upset and down but you will get back up because your dream is worth fighting for. Don't give up. Maybe a nice long letter quoting facts and figures and showing that the later filers are being dealt with. Quote posts from here that show people have had help and had their cases looked at.

Someday we will all get our NOA2's but there is no harm in stating our cases and trying to make people sit up and take notice.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

You should try your local Congressman. I chose him based upon how he voted on past immigration issues/laws. As he is in favor of helping immigrants. My wife filed for AOS from K-1 over 9 months ago and her case was transfered to CSC. It took 1 week for the worker from my Congressman's office to get back to me with an answer from USCIS. They had her case put on an officer's desk to be processed. Then one week after their response we got a notice that the greencard is in the mail and will be here any day. Total time from start to finish was only two weeks. Don't give up. Also is may be better if you actually just show up in person at their office to make you case more personal. Good Luck.

Mike

Hello Mike, I have just filed for my wifes AOS. How did you find out that your case was transferred to the CSC?

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Mike, I have just filed for my wifes AOS. How did you find out that your case was transferred to the CSC?

They would send you a transfer notice in the mail.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hang in there we're all together in this! :(

What did she say about the flooding part??

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

I'm an August 27 filer. I emailed Senator Barbara Boxer and got a reply telling me to send a signature with permission to inquire on my behalf. Sent it over a week ago and didn't get a response so I called them today. Just got off the phone with the case worker. She said there's nothing she can do, and they've had a lot of requests from july and august filers but it's within normal processing time so nothing can be done. I said it isn't fair that some people who applied after me are getting approved and she said they may have gotten it expedited, because it's first come first serve. She mentioned they had a meeting yesterday and talked about the CSC flooding and that they had a high number of applicants in july-august. As she talked and sounded like a broken record from what i've been hearing from USCIS themselves I couldn't help but cry. I said goodbye crying, not only saying goodbye to her, but also goodbye to my last piece of effort and last resort and hope. I guess the saying "you get what you work for and put effort in" doesn't apply to everything, eh? And the definition of first come, first serve is now extremely confusing to me.

I have nothing else that I can do. I've done everything I possibly can.

I understand you deeply because we too are in our 7 months of waiting now. We filed last September and still under initial review. I am trying to be brave and stay positive everyday just to ease the feeling of frustration. My fiance expected that I will be with him in the US by Feb or March but I guess it was not what God planned. All we can do now is to WAIT. Great things take time I believe and I'm sure all your sadness right now will be payed off once you and your fiance will be together forever. I'm including you guys in my prayer. Keep the faith.

God bless you. :)

- Steve & Karla

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, how wonderful. More December and November filers approved. Um. So are you telling me all of these approvals have expedited requests?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.