5,407 posts in this topic

I have came to the conclusion that immigration is above the law and government.. They do what they want to do, say what they want to say, and have no consequence of it.. I been trying to figure out who is above them.. Maybe only the president?

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

I already talked to Senator Casey's office and Senator Toomey's office and I asked who I can place a complaint with and they sent a link to the ombudsman. So, I sent in a complaint saying how ridiculous the backlog is and it is horrible how they are treat the USC's etc.....

I was told that the processing times are now 9-12 months for the I-130 and the waivers are not 4 months, its more like 6-8 months.. tack on 8 weeks for the NVC.... thats about 15 months MORE for me to wait...and thats not even including the 5 months I already waited.

they are full of ####### about the money, they are making money even after they pay the employees... I'm sooooo angry today. I want to go form a picket line in front of the whilte houseranting33va.gifprotest6wz.gifranting33va.gifprotest6wz.gifranting33va.gifprotest6wz.gif

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I understand that you are on a bad mood today, the waiting is terrible, 8 years ago when I made a petition for my daughter, that was a toddler at the time, I had to wait for the I130 to be approved for 4 years, I suffered a lot with the process and now i have to wait for my husband form to be approve too,but we conquer and are happy and together now.

What I can't understand is that I come to this place to shared immigration experiences, that way we can all help each other while waiting, but every time I read something is made me sad that people gets mad and start hating on undocumented persons, I thought your husband needs a waiver, and you said he was here without documents once, I am really sure he had a good reason for that to happend, I don't know the reason for his overstay visa, but I don't judge him nor any other person that is here without documents because I don't know the situation behind every person. We have to put our positive thoughts on this process and let out the bad energy. I hope this don't offend you that is not my intention and sorry if i did but I just want to come here and don't have to read all this hate.

------------/--

Yea, I'm in a pissed off mood today. I just don't understand how the United States of America can treat their citizens like #######. They talk about keeping families together but yet they do NOTHING to fix this problem. I hear stupid ####### about processing is supposed to pick up at the end of September..... Really? don't you think they should be processing all along? what are they waiting for? They already collected our fee.... If 3000 files come in everyday and they collect $400+ dollars for each, don't you think they have enough in their budget to get these files processed and out the door in a timely manner? Its common sense... I'm actually really offended that they make all of us wait. We aren't asking for anything for free. We just want to be with our Spouses. We followed the guidelines set by them. We paid the fee... and now treated like second class citizens while they talk about spending oodles of dollars to help Syria... and other foreign issues. And all the illegals sit pretty in the US and all the idiots who got one over on the governement by marrying only for a greencard. I can name 3 people right on my street who had or have a fraud marriage only for a greencard. I can name several illegals who run businesses and make money hand over fist .... I do things the legal way and it seems I am the one who suffers.( and all of us here on VJ)

it looks like I won't see my husbands face in the US until September 2014. How sad is that? Another Thanksgiving without him, Another Christmas without him, Another Valentines day without him, Another one of his birthdays apart, All three of my kids will have another birthday without him here. Today is a very frustrating day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have my letter typed up to send to my states senate, can any one help me to check it

if i have all my points and questions and if its good enough to send.

thanks

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

I am trying so hard not to think about this whole process. But the news around gets me so worried. How can wait times be 9-12months? Do they have an idea what. Couples living apart go through? I would recommend to the US that they prpvide a form of visitors visa for spouses to visit in the US whiles they wait for this whole process to go through. I probably wouldn't be bothered if I could visit my husband quite often. But he is always the one who has to come down all the time. Wow..wow..wow..very unbelievable

I understand that you are on a bad mood today, the waiting is terrible, 8 years ago when I made a petition for my daughter, that was a toddler at the time, I had to wait for the I130 to be approved for 4 years, I suffered a lot with the process and now i have to wait for my husband form to be approve too,but we conquer and are happy and together now.

What I can't understand is that I come to this place to shared immigration experiences, that way we can all help each other while waiting, but every time I read something is made me sad that people gets mad and start hating on undocumented persons, I thought your husband needs a waiver, and you said he was here without documents once, I am really sure he had a good reason for that to happend, I don't know the reason for his overstay visa, but I don't judge him nor any other person that is here without documents because I don't know the situation behind every person. We have to put our positive thoughts on this process and let out the bad energy. I hope this don't offend you that is not my intention and sorry if i did but I just want to come here and don't have to read all this hate.

------------/--

Yea, I'm in a pissed off mood today. I just don't understand how the United States of America can treat their citizens like #######. They talk about keeping families together but yet they do NOTHING to fix this problem. I hear stupid ####### about processing is supposed to pick up at the end of September..... Really? don't you think they should be processing all along? what are they waiting for? They already collected our fee.... If 3000 files come in everyday and they collect $400+ dollars for each, don't you think they have enough in their budget to get these files processed and out the door in a timely manner? Its common sense... I'm actually really offended that they make all of us wait. We aren't asking for anything for free. We just want to be with our Spouses. We followed the guidelines set by them. We paid the fee... and now treated like second class citizens while they talk about spending oodles of dollars to help Syria... and other foreign issues. And all the illegals sit pretty in the US and all the idiots who got one over on the governement by marrying only for a greencard. I can name 3 people right on my street who had or have a fraud marriage only for a greencard. I can name several illegals who run businesses and make money hand over fist .... I do things the legal way and it seems I am the one who suffers.( and all of us here on VJ)

it looks like I won't see my husbands face in the US until September 2014. How sad is that? Another Thanksgiving without him, Another Christmas without him, Another Valentines day without him, Another one of his birthdays apart, All three of my kids will have another birthday without him here. Today is a very frustrating day

IMO, it doesn't matter the reason for being undocumented. If you are in the US with your family and illegal and I am a USC and I have to file papers and WAIT... that to me is not fair. and waiting isn't an issue if it is a reasonable amount of time.... I don't hate them, I know several in my neighborhood.... Its just not fair. My husband was here on a B2, he had an overstay and returned home ( on his own) for serious family matters. He did not enter the US undocumented. I will say though, I know undocumented people and overstays who married only for a greencard and are now residents.... They never had to leave the US and were never questioned . That is not fair either since my husband can't even come here and wait for his papers to be processed. They never got separated from their families. They just filed the papers and waited and while they were waiting, they were issued an employment authorization so they could work . UGHH so irritating

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes I totally understand, I also know some people that I am pretty sure they just married for the papers and she don't leave the USA nor anything, I am mad too because this process is not a free service, I paid a lot of money and to have to wait this long it is crazy.

IMO, it doesn't matter the reason for being undocumented. If you are in the US with your family and illegal and I am a USC and I have to file papers and WAIT... that to me is not fair. and waiting isn't an issue if it is a reasonable amount of time.... I don't hate them, I know several in my neighborhood.... Its just not fair. My husband was here on a B2, he had an overstay and returned home ( on his own) for serious family matters. He did not enter the US undocumented. I will say though, I know undocumented people and overstays who married only for a greencard and are now residents.... They never had to leave the US and were never questioned . That is not fair either since my husband can't even come here and wait for his papers to be processed. They never got separated from their families. They just filed the papers and waited and while they were waiting, they were issued an employment authorization so they could work . UGHH so irritating

There was just an approval from Feb 20th. 15 minutes ago. There is some movement ! !! ! YAY

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone - been a while since I've posted, but I absolutely sympathize with everyone's frustration. I've cried a lot of tears the last few weeks as it starts to look like the process goes so much longer than we all initially thought. I also thought my husband would get here by Christmas, but now I've decided to just expect an April 2014 completion of the whole process and then if it happens earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised. He's going to try and come for a Christmas visit - hopefully we won't run into any issues with that entry.

We didn't use a lawyer to file our initial paperwork, but as this all drags on, I've decided to consult one, just to help clarify some of this crazy contradictory information that flies around. I'm going to talk to her on Saturday - if I hear anything that might be useful to other folks, I'll be sure to post it (obviously not as official legal advice, mind you).

Hang in there everyone - as I keep telling my husband, we are stronger than all of this.

em

ROUND 1:

29 Aug 2011 - Started dating

05 Oct 2012 - SO's J-1 visa expires, returns to Germany

21 Dec 2012 - Engaged in Germany
21 Mar 2013 - Married in US
26 Mar 2013 - Husband returns to Germany (again)

12 Apr 2013 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

19 Apr 2013 - NOA1 received (notice date 4/16/2013)

11 Dec 2013 - NOA2
16 Dec 2013 - Hard copy NOA2 received
22 Jan 2014 - Received Case # and IIN from NVC - we're in the system!

21 Mar 2014 - CASE COMPLETE!! (received info by calling NVC on 24 March)

06 May 2014 - interview date

16 May 2014 - POE

ROUND 2: I-751 process - just getting started!

18 Apr 2016 - I-751 packet sent to California Service Center

28 Apr 2016 - money order cashed

02 May 2016 - NOA1 received - phew!

16 May 2016 - biometrics appt

I have my letter typed up to send to my states senate, can any one help me to check it

if i have all my points and questions and if its good enough to send.

thanks

I am the worst person when it comes to emails and grammar! I'm more of a people person that talks face to face.. My emails, letters, ect are always poorly written and I come across as sharp or confusing..

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hey guys, I am an April 2013 filers who is sick of the wait, I understand what each of you are going through. The wait is a horrific heartache. I suggest we all contact the USCIS Ombudsman Liaison simultaneoulsy at: OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

I just sent the following to the Ombudsman. Be sure to read through and change how long my petition has been pending to match yours. I will post this letter in the Feb, Mar filers for them to send similar letter and we should all submit at the same time. Perhaps they will pay attention if we fill the mailbox with this.

============================================================

Subject: Assistance with I-130 Petition at the USCIS National Benefits Center

Dear OLU,

The purpose of this email is to inquire about an I-130 petition I filed at the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC) in Lee’s Summit Missouri to reunite with my wife.

The receipt number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

This petition has been pending for over 5 months (USCIS processing goal according to its website) as of September 3 2013 and I have yet to be notified by the NBC on a decision.

I have called the USCIS toll-free number multiple times to inquire about the status of my petition and was on those occasions able to talk to various Tier 2 Officers who provided conflicting information about the processing time – some said 5 months, others 6 months, and so on….

Some petitioners whose priority date is after mine have received a decision from NBC and others prior to mine are still waiting. It seems as if petitions are RANDOMLY processed.

USCIS, in order to satisfy its customers should STANDARDIZE the process for FAIRNESS as every family is equally important and provide CONSISTENT information upon customer's request or inquiry.

The wait is tedious and I seek your attention into my case with NBC.

Regards

Your name
Your Address

Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I am going to contact my local politicians as well. Anyone think I'll have any more luck because my friend told me to write to Cory Booker because he wants my vote? hahah.

1/15/2013 - Married

USCIS:
4/11: Mailed out IR-30 via FedEx Ground
4/15: Forms received by USCIS Chicago (Signed)

12/2: Case Transferred to CSC

12/17/2013: NOA-2!!!! (8 Months, 2 days)

NVC:

12/27/2013: Case received by NVC

1/23/2014: NVC Case #, BIN, & IIN received.

1/31/2014: DS-261 Available & filled out.

2/4/2014: AOS Invoice available & paid

2/7/2014: I-864(AOS) completed & sent

2/11/2014: IV Bill availiable and paid.

2/14/2014: DS-260 completed (IV)

2/14/2014: DS-260 support documents sent

2/26/2014: I-864 (AOS) documents received and logged by NVC.

3/4/2014: Checklist for AOS ( I knew it :|a)

3/5/2014: Checklist for AOS submitted

3/7/2014: DS-260 documents received & logged by NVC

3/13/2014: IV packet + documents approved and logged

4/14:2014: Case Complete!!! (3 months 2 weeks 4 days @NVC)

Consulate:

Medical: 05/28/2014

Interview: 06/03/2014 (?)

Consulate didn't like our police records, have to resend--> AP

APPROVED: 07/02/2014

visa in hand: 07/11/2014

PoE: Halifax Stanfield International (07/25/2014)

REMOVING CONDITIONS:

06/10/2016: Packet Mailed

06/16/2016: Check Cashed

7/11/2016: Biometrics Appointment

I think I am going to contact my local politicians as well. Anyone think I'll have any more luck because my friend told me to write to Cory Booker because he wants my vote? hahah.

they all want your vote but there is only so much they can do. They make an inquiry.... its up the the USCIS on what they tell them. Again we are at the mercy of the USCIS. There is no competition so they do what they want. its soooooo annoying.

I did find out that my file is still at NBC not the field office. I also found out that if you inquire more than once a month, it hinders your process. I was specifically told not to inquire with more than one congressional office. Pick an office that has good customer service otherwise you end up with the same information you can get off the website by yourself... GOOD LUCK

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys, I am an April 2013 filers who is sick of the wait, I understand what each of you are going through. The wait is a horrific heartache. I suggest we all contact the USCIS Ombudsman Liaison simultaneoulsy at: OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

I just sent the following to the Ombudsman. Be sure to read through and change how long my petition has been pending to match yours. I will post this letter in the Feb, Mar filers for them to send similar letter and we should all submit at the same time. Perhaps they will pay attention if we fill the mailbox with this.

Subject: Assistance with I-130 Petition at the USCIS National Benefits Center

Dear OLU,

The purpose of this email is to inquire about an I-130 petition I filed at the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC) in Lee’s Summit Missouri to reunite with my wife.

Regards

Your name

Your Address

Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Great letter. Sums it up perfectly.

Do let us know what they reply (if they do).

What exactly is the Ombudsman's role in all this USCIS procedure?

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Scroll down to: USCIS Ombudsman Liaison.

Basically the OLU investigates complaints by customers or private persons against the government.

USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.