A.J

A US Citizen in CASABLANCA consulate :(

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hamigirl710 Thanks a lot for replying back i don't like to be misunderstood behind a screen because people start attack you from all corners and it's hard to make people understand something from a specific point of view we all think differently but i didn't mean any harm when i mentioned the Crapy English comment, im realy sorry if i offended anybody in this forum but people got it the wrong way im not trying to be above anybody or speeding up my case on other ppls expense NO, i've had precious advices and help from this forum along the way and i apreciate it. But people can be really harsh sometimes telling me i neglected my son and that's probably why the US is looking into my husbands name ?? how is that even relevant to my case. we should stick to the subject and never forget that we are here just to give friendly advice and get help from ppl that been through this, we all drinking from the same cup and we are all waiting.

No judgement there from me on your personal life we all have things we have done that others will not agree with. Just hang in there and it will happen! In the mean time enjoy Morocco cause I wish I was able to be there like you are :-)

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

now that's the important part i made an appoinment last week and i went there tuesday of this week,i got in at 11 am y'all knows the procedures some MOroccan lady in her late 40's looked at me and said this is the US citizen only go to the Moroccan side ''im like what ??, I AM AMERICAN '' maybe my LATINO look made her think im Moroccan but anyways,, she was the rudest creature ever she told me we can't answer that and asked me to go back to my family or school and im like ''my family is here in Morocco with my husband''. After that an American guy steped in and he was a gentleman,

Duh WOM, why didn't you know some rude person at the consulate told her to go back to the states and go to school? And don't try and use the fact that it was NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE IN THE FIRST PLACE as some kind of lame excuse...

It is there in middle of her first post

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Why would someone be given AP that had a 5 year B2 and records as a student years ago? If its just a name check, they've had plenty of time and opportunity... Idk... doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why name checks take years in some cases. I just don't believe thats all there is to it.

My husband had a 5 year B1/B2 at the time of our filing, obtained when living in Egypt. He had 8 months of AP post K1 interview. It just isn't the same process. He probably entered the US 2 dozen times in that time period. It just isn't the same when one is immigrating vs. here temporarily for any reason.

Timeline

hamigirl710 don't worry about it you were not the one who made the comment about my son anyways and besides my mom and sister have custidy so im on the clear for now. I hope you get to spend more time in Morocco espacially now in Spring it's really sunny and beautiful. Thanks ;)

Timeline

destiny64 you don't have to be sympathetic. since when sharing a BAD experience is negativity.and that IM the US Citizen attitude thing, is because of my brown skin made her think that im Moroccan and i corrected her with no ATTITUDE,, go back and read again what she said to me for being here with my husband all this time. and for the record my journey is not that fast as you think i just didn't get a lot of checklist letters and got put behind for sending the wrong forms but i waisted 4 months on a sponsor +44 days to get an interview date so yes i had to do some waiting.

I know there are two sides to every story, and I don't think this woman in the embassy would blatantly tell you to go back to school and your family had you not given her reason to become defensive with you. I'm inclined to believe it's a bit one sided. I'm also sure if we could ask her , what she encountered in the consulate with you , it would be a bit different than what you are stating.

I am not drinking out of the same cup as you , because I will not allow myself to begin making offensive remarks about my consulate. I don't understand what they do at all times

either but i'm not going to judge how they make their decisions. You flew onto this site with attitude and it hasn't let up since then.

Timeline

destiny64 Seriously this is just getting funny and silly with all those attacks, maybe in your world there's two sides to every story but i shared mine with an open heart and facts you can either believe it or not and you should know better, how rude can people get sometimes (( your stayin in Morocco is not gonna change anything go back to your family or your school )) so if quoting a us consulate staff is a federal offense then............................................. SUE ME ;)

Timeline

hamigirl710 don't worry about it you were not the one who made the comment about my son anyways and besides my mom and sister have custidy so im on the clear for now. I hope you get to spend more time in Morocco espacially now in Spring it's really sunny and beautiful. Thanks ;)

A.J. for the record I never made any comment about your son. Please go back and reread what I have posted because I think you got me confused with somebody else.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

hamigirl710

PLease read the first part carefully

A.J, on 12 April 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

hamigirl710 don't worry about it you were not the one who ......

OOps ok good I am I read it wrong because I am not someone who bring kids into these conversations :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

So it is. And yet, my total reading fail still remains less ridiculous than a rant about a MENA AP that's been 10 days(!).

Ohhh I misread that first post - I thought the OP had been waiting months after the interview.

A.J - Sandi is right, 10 days is really nothing for any MENA consulate - it's a walk in the park, a piece of cake. Don't antagonize the consulate right now because they can shove your file right back to the bottom of the pile and make sure it takes a lot longer. Think of it like - you don't want to make your waitress mad before she delivers your food, 'cause who knows what might happen to it between the kitchen and your table. :unsure:

Just try to relax and enjoy your final days in Morocco because they will probably be coming to an end very soon. Good luck !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

destiny64 Seriously this is just getting funny and silly with all those attacks, maybe in your world there's two sides to every story but i shared mine with an open heart and facts you can either believe it or not and you should know better, how rude can people get sometimes (( your stayin in Morocco is not gonna change anything go back to your family or your school )) so if quoting a us consulate staff is a federal offense then............................................. SUE ME ;)

Timeline

I see its ok for you to attack and insult but having it pointed out to you is being rude. Approaching people calmly and level headed will go further. You must have said the same thing to her about how living in Morocco would somehow be all it took to get a visa or she wouldn't have even known. Just try to see yourself through others eyes, how you post and word things is very abrasive.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree AP is very inconvenient and testing of your patience, but I can kind of relate being in AP as when you're applying for a mortgage to buy a house (as we are)....... until you close on the loan and get the keys in your hand, the bank is constantly checking and re-checking your credit and accounts to make sure your STAY qualified until they give you the keys in your hand. The deal can fall through at the very last moment if they find something negative.

So like being in AP for name checks, they do them several times, which take time, even at the final stages of processing your case, just in case they find something questionable.

Both are very frustrating when they take so long for what seems no reason at all....

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

I had to wait 10 extra minutes longer than the lady quoted me to pick up my Thai food tonight. The horror, the outrage! Life is full of annoying waits, it's true.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.