TISAY

writing to senator/congressman

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello! We are october filer and still waiting for our noa2...its been 6 months and we haven't heard anything....we're thinking of trying to ask help from my F's senator or congressman...I would just like to ask for any suggestions whom to contact?(like a specific senator/congressman) my F is from north hollywood california :)

thanks so much and god bless :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello! We are october filer and still waiting for our noa2...its been 6 months and we haven't heard anything....we're thinking of trying to ask help from my F's senator or congressman...I would just like to ask for any suggestions whom to contact?(like a specific senator/congressman) my F is from north hollywood california :)

i am october 25th filer too but still waiting for noa2 i hope we will get it very soon..

Timeline

i am october 25th filer too but still waiting for noa2 i hope we will get it very soon..

yeah...actually im ok with waiting but with what's happening at csc?? alot of nov-dec filers got approved while there's still some july till october who have't heard anything its like #######??....sigh...idk what to think anymore..

Filed: Timeline

Go to the US House of Representative's website and look for the member representing that area. Or a quick Google search of the member representing North Hollywood might bring up some hits.

Then you can go onto the Senator's or the House member's website and take it from there. Usually, the Senator/House member has a staff on his or her team assigned to dealing with constituents' inquiries.

Better yet, use the search function on this site. Look for members here with similar issue who wrote to their Senator/Congressman/woman to find out how they went about doing so.

Edited by Boggy1974

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

I'm an august 27 filer. I contacted a congressmen and two senators. Only one got back to me. Senator Barbara Boxer. She asked me to send a signature giving her permission to inquiry on my behalf, it's been almost two weeks and I haven't gotten a reply back. I hope you have better luck that me. And pertaining to your comment about july to october filers falling into the "black hole" (as they call it in other topics) at CSC, a lot of people are saying it's to get their average looking better. Basically, to the government we're just numbers and dollar signs, not people who obsessively check for an approval, read endless forum discussions, and contact all the representatives they possibly can to look into their case. No, never that. We have no hearts, therefore we can't be broken. We're just documents, numbers, dollar signs. Sorry for venting, I just can't believe this whole week has been approvals of people ahead of me. When i've been doing everything I can to even just find out information about my case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yeah...actually im ok with waiting but with what's happening at csc?? alot of nov-dec filers got approved while there's still some july till october who have't heard anything its like #######??....sigh...idk what to think anymore..

Some, is not 'alot'..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

still ... i find it unfair they they got approved ahead of us.....and FYI didn't post here to make arguments or what....thank you very much

It's considered a lot at the rate that CSC is processing

:thumbs:

It's considered a lot at the rate that CSC is processing

:thumbs:

Go to the US House of Representative's website and look for the member representing that area. Or a quick Google search of the member representing North Hollywood might bring up some hits.

Then you can go onto the Senator's or the House member's website and take it from there. Usually, the Senator/House member has a staff on his or her team assigned to dealing with constituents' inquiries.

Better yet, use the search function on this site. Look for members here with similar issue who wrote to their Senator/Congressman/woman to find out how they went about doing so.

thanks so much! :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope you get your NOA2 very soon

AOS sent - 04/03/2016

AOS rc'd - 04/06/2016

Txt Message - 04/22/2016

NOA Hard Copy - 04/25/2016

Biometric Sched - 05/10/2016

Re-take Biometric - 06/07/2016

RFE on EAD - 06/29/2016 [case status online]

Rc'd RFE letter on mail - 07/05/2016

RFE docs mailed back - 07/05/2016

EAD was APPROVE! - 07/13/2016

EAD Card on hand - 07/19/2016

Card for i-485 is being produced. No interview = 08/26/2016

NOW WAITING FOR I-485

08/04/2016 = RFE

CARD ON HAND!!

SSN

07/25/2016 = Filed...Still waiting til date :(

08/25/2016 - SSN on hand

Timeline

I live in MA and my wife has been waiting for her AOS from a K-1 Visa to be processed over 9 months. I contacted the local Congressman and they got an answer back from USCIS within one week stating that my wife's AOS application was sent to an officer's desk to be processed. So one week later the online case status on the USCIS website stated that the AOS was processed and that she will be getting her greencard soon. So for us it was worth it to contact our Congressman to get the ball rolling. Here's the contact info for your local Congressman and Senators. I would choose only one of them and give them a call. They will tell you what needs to be done to get the process started. Good Luck.

Congressman

Rep Brad Sherman - CA(D)

District: 27

Phone: 202-225-5911

or

Senator Dianne Feinstein - CA(D)

Senior Seat

Phone: 202-224-3841

or

Senator Barbara Boxer - CA(D)

Junior Seat

Phone: 202-224-3553

Timeline

I live in MA and my wife has been waiting for her AOS from a K-1 Visa to be processed over 9 months. I contacted the local Congressman and they got an answer back from USCIS within one week stating that my wife's AOS application was sent to an officer's desk to be processed. So one week later the online case status on the USCIS website stated that the AOS was processed and that she will be getting her greencard soon. So for us it was worth it to contact our Congressman to get the ball rolling. Here's the contact info for your local Congressman and Senators. I would choose only one of them and give them a call. They will tell you what needs to be done to get the process started. Good Luck.

Congressman

Rep Brad Sherman - CA(D)

District: 27

Phone: 202-225-5911

or

Senator Dianne Feinstein - CA(D)

Senior Seat

Phone: 202-224-3841

or

Senator Barbara Boxer - CA(D)

Junior Seat

Phone: 202-224-3553

thank you so much Mike&Cherry :) will tell my F about this ...thanks so much again and godbless :)

Timeline

I wrote a thread about this not too long ago that may be helpful re finding contact info, etc.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421608-a-guide-to-writing-your-elected-representatives-about-the-i-129f-slowdown-at-the-csc/

Thank You so much :)

I hope you get your NOA2 very soon

yeah :( coz it's so hard to be away from your love ones ....thanks :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.