Ismael&Blair

NVC FINALLY gave us our CR-1 visa Case Number

8 posts in this topic

We are just so excited to finally after EXACTLY 1 MONTH from our NOA2 (calling and calling several times a week for 4 weeks) to get our case number today. The NVC customer service guy actually said he HAD it in the system. I must have sounded so jubilant & giddy (remembering what I had read on Visa Journey to sound polite and sweet toward the NVC reps) because he was accommodating when I asked him for both the case number and the other INT number. He gave them both to me without any reservation. I asked him if I can pay right now & he told me that it would probably take a week for them to invoice the bill & that I would get a letter of instructions in the mail. I told him, I want to pay asap because me & my hubby have been apart way too long.

And sure enough, I went online...NOT INVOICED yet. But hey, I don't care. I am pretty euphoric right now just to be able to log into my NVC account (kinda similar to the USCIS timeline) and see my name as the petitioner. It now seems more concrete that we are moving PAST the NOA2/USCIS stage and onto the next part which is leading to the interview stage! I hope this helps for people who are still behind me. :yes:

But I do have two questions for the people who already ahead of this stage.

1) How many days did it take for you to be able to get "invoiced" and able to pay online after getting the case number over the phone?

2) How many days did you get that "letter of instructions" in the mail after getting the case number over the phone? :whistle:

Good luck to everyone and thanks for reading and sharing our happiness over getting this case number! LOL :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we cover this stuff in NVC Monthly threads.

Here's March 2013 - read for historical stuff (yes, even last month) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417050-nvc-filers-march-2013/

and here's April 2013... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422214-nvc-filers-april-2013/

oh, lest I forget .. LOL ! READ ! LOL !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

we cover this stuff in NVC Monthly threads.

Here's March 2013 - read for historical stuff (yes, even last month) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417050-nvc-filers-march-2013/

and here's April 2013... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422214-nvc-filers-april-2013/

oh, lest I forget .. LOL ! READ ! LOL !

Ok, I am just too happy right now and have questions in my mind and just posted immediately. OK, I'll do some reading tonight and find the answers later on! It's been too exciting sharing the news with my hubby and friends! I need to eat dinner now! And thanks for reading! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you've got some time - take the whole week?

And congratulations ! Get Busy, this reading stuff. It's Important!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are just so excited to finally after EXACTLY 1 MONTH from our NOA2 (calling and calling several times a week for 4 weeks) to get our case number today. The NVC customer service guy actually said he HAD it in the system. I must have sounded so jubilant & giddy (remembering what I had read on Visa Journey to sound polite and sweet toward the NVC reps) because he was accommodating when I asked him for both the case number and the other INT number. He gave them both to me without any reservation. I asked him if I can pay right now & he told me that it would probably take a week for them to invoice the bill & that I would get a letter of instructions in the mail. I told him, I want to pay asap because me & my hubby have been apart way too long.

And sure enough, I went online...NOT INVOICED yet. But hey, I don't care. I am pretty euphoric right now just to be able to log into my NVC account (kinda similar to the USCIS timeline) and see my name as the petitioner. It now seems more concrete that we are moving PAST the NOA2/USCIS stage and onto the next part which is leading to the interview stage! I hope this helps for people who are still behind me. :yes:

But I do have two questions for the people who already ahead of this stage.

1) How many days did it take for you to be able to get "invoiced" and able to pay online after getting the case number over the phone?

2) How many days did you get that "letter of instructions" in the mail after getting the case number over the phone? :whistle:

Good luck to everyone and thanks for reading and sharing our happiness over getting this case number! LOL :D

You can give them your emails both to receive the instructions via email instead of snail mail

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you sign up for the case status in USCIS site?

Can receive emails and phone message when the case is updated.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

it took about a month for me to get the notice to send the 2 payments online to NVC but no one ever knows this as we don't know how many cases they have at any one time. This is the worst part of the process, the hurry up and wait and not getting informed of what is happening.

it took about a month for me to get the notice to send the 2 payments online to NVC but no one ever knows this as we don't know how many cases they have at any one time. This is the worst part of the process, the hurry up and wait and not getting informed of what is happening.

Yes, I did sign up for emails & I just got two great emails tonight! Very excited to know we just advanced another step in our journey. :)

Can I ask if your case was ever finalized coz I don't see an interview date? I would be so upset to not know when or why! Best wishes & stay positive.

Uscis has nothing to do with the OP's post.

NVC is pretty good at helping you stay informed if you call them and are polite.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.