Ronn63

What if we...

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

True story. I have read countless rfe stories from folks that have already had their petition pending for months at CSC.

RFE's are a result of errors and omissions during the submission of the case made by the people submitting the documents. USCIS reviews whatever is submitted and can not finish the case if the docs aren't complete. So those countless stories are created by the countless people that submitted incomplete documents. That of course causes addition time to be needed on those cases which causes set backs in the other cases.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

RFE's are a result of errors and omissions during the submission of the case made by the people submitting the documents. USCIS reviews whatever is submitted and can not finish the case if the docs aren't complete. So those countless stories are created by the countless people that submitted incomplete documents. That of course causes addition time to be needed on those cases which causes set backs in the other cases.

So not true. They are sending out 6 page RFE letters requesting all kinds of info not required in the beginning. I got one after 8 mths of waiting and so did many others.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You missed the point. I'm saying that RFE's aren't the cause of USCIS's delays. More often than not, RFE's aren't issued until someone looks the case, which, in some cases are beyond 8 months. I'm over 6 months now. They haven't touched my case since October 4th. If they want more evidence from me, I won't hear about it until they look at my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

There may be a basis for a suit against the USCIS on at least two grounds, both of which stem from the Administrative Procedures Act. First, you could perhaps challenge DHS's creation of the DACA program on the grounds they either did not follow proper rule making procedures or that it was outside of their delegated powers in any case. Second, you could assert that their handling of I-129Fs has adversely affected or aggrieved you. Ultimately, those are both far from cut-and-dry cases and would require some lawyers with a great deal of expertise in both administrative law and immigration. You are thus looking at a fairly expensive case to bring and not the kind with a big payout that would compel trial lawyers to do it on a contingency. If you really wanted to go this route (and this assuming you aren't independently wealthy), then your best bet would to get some conservative leaning legal advocacy group to bite on the administrative procedure stuff and do it pro bono. But that sounds like a fairly long shot, unless you already had a connection to such a group.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You missed the point. I'm saying that RFE's aren't the cause of USCIS's delays. More often than not, RFE's aren't issued until someone looks the case, which, in some cases are beyond 8 months. I'm over 6 months now. They haven't touched my case since October 4th. If they want more evidence from me, I won't hear about it until they look at my case.

I missed the point? LOL

RFE'S aren't usually issued until someone looks at the case? Really? The case is adjudicated or "looked" at by USCIS to determine if the documents are all there and correct. Pretty basic stuff. I doubt they can tell you without looking what mistakes you made so I don't see your point really. That is if there is one. What did you think was going to happen?

Having to deal with an RFE doesn't affect the manpower hours needed for a case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.