Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey dwheels!! Add me too! Complete yesterday! P4 today! Interview may 29! Didn't find too many people updating their interview dates so happy to help those still waiting!

You are added. Come on by. Goodness case complete and interview next day. woo whooo.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422032-may-2013-interviews/page__st__285__gopid__6142160#entry6142160

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

j

Question. I submitted the DS-261 yesterday. Neither the AOS nor the IV bills were invoiced. How long does it take normally for NVC to invoice these? I'm not panicking or anything. I read the posts that they might be working on billing them (since it is saying that they no longer recognize my numbers when trying to login). I'm just wondering. I think one of the posts said that it takes about 15 days for the IV to be invoiced from the time that you submit the DS-261. But I'm more wondering about the AOS.

I tried to log in today using my case# and iin but the website keeps saying im not able to access my account at this time. I was able to do it yesterday and the day before but the system is probably down. Did this happen to anyone else?

j

I tried to log in today using my case# and iin but the website keeps saying im not able to access my account at this time. I was able to do it yesterday and the day before but the system is probably down. Did this happen to anyone else?

When they invoice the AOS or IV bill you often cannot log into your account.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night everyone I have question I just got an,email from Nvc with the choice of agent form but my thing is I sent the one on vj on April 4 and got the auto response from nvc. do I send another or just wait thanks

Edited by keyonlukie

Interview 1/23/14

Thanks! I find it extremely useful! It's a lot easier for me to organize the process. All thanks to the great and powerful Wizard of VJ, Saylin!

I didn't realize that signing in using IE actually helps. I was using Firefox originally. I tried again with IE and got the invoice! Sweet! Thanks, Saylin!

Glad you find it useful! :)

And yeah, the payment portal and online forms portal (along with most, if not all, government sites) are specifically designed for IE and IE only. If it works in other browsers, it's a plus for them, but they don't fix any errors on other browsers. That's why you should only be using IE for the payment portal/online forms portal as it's not guaranteed to work on anything else.

Hey everyone,

As per the advice of many of you - especially Saylin - I understood that I need to keep calling NVC and then DOS to track the packet and check the status on when it has arrived to the embassy.

My case was complete on April 1st and an interview date was assigned for my wife at the US Embassy in New Delhi on May 9th.

I called NVC yesterday and she mentioned that the package has already reached the US Embassy in New Delhi on April 5th. I asked them if I can get the DHL tracking number either from them or from DOS and she said that they don't give out tracking numbers.

I am surprised a bit that the case was complete on April 1st and the packet reached New Delhi on April 5th - is that the normal time frame. I am also wondering, how did NVC know that the packet reached the embassy? Is that not something that only DOS will be able to tell you.

Basically I just want to make sure that the packet with all the original documents has arrived safely.

Should I call DOS anyways and check or is NVC's information sufficient?

Yup, that's definitely normal. NVC typically sends the case out the day after an interview date is scheduled. And they don't choose the slowest shipping for those packages; they get there really quickly ;)

I am a bit surprised though that it shows on NVC's systems that it arrived there as I always thought they didn't have that information. Call up DOS tomorrow to confirm with them that the package has indeed arrived.

Hey dwheels!! Add me too! Complete yesterday! P4 today! Interview may 29! Didn't find too many people updating their interview dates so happy to help those still waiting!

Congrats on the interview date! kicking.gif

j

Someone should read the FAQ ;) This is actually good news! Hint: it's something about your AOS bill.

Woke up to an email from NVC... Interview scheduled for 2 May :) so damn excited!!! Now to book the medical....

Yay, grats! kicking.gif

Good night everyone I have question I just got an,email from Nvc with the choice of agent form but my thing is I sent the one on vj on April 4 and got the auto response from nvc. do I send another or just wait thanks

Time for someone to review the FAQ! There's an exact question/answer about this ;)

Thank you dwheels!

Saylin, I want to thank you especially for all your hard work in helping everyone with your important posts regarding the process at NVC.

I spent 8+ months stuck at noa1, and all I did was study those guides and timelines of others inside out to help catch up on all the time spent in the initial stage. At the end, with a lot of studying and some luck on my side, things worked out so far. Now hoping the IV process is just as smooth. Will come back and update on the process when it's all over.

Thank you everyone again for all your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Glad you find it useful! :)

And yeah, the payment portal and online forms portal (along with most, if not all, government sites) are specifically designed for IE and IE only. If it works in other browsers, it's a plus for them, but they don't fix any errors on other browsers. That's why you should only be using IE for the payment portal/online forms portal as it's not guaranteed to work on anything else.

Yup, that's definitely normal. NVC typically sends the case out the day after an interview date is scheduled. And they don't choose the slowest shipping for those packages; they get there really quickly ;)

I am a bit surprised though that it shows on NVC's systems that it arrived there as I always thought they didn't have that information. Call up DOS tomorrow to confirm with them that the package has indeed arrived.

Congrats on the interview date! kicking.gif

Someone should read the FAQ ;) This is actually good news! Hint: it's something about your AOS bill.

Yay, grats! kicking.gif

Time for someone to review the FAQ! There's an exact question/answer about this ;)

Thanks saylin I new the answer but I think I got a little excited.:)

Interview 1/23/14

Hi! Hoping someone can help me out here...

I called NVC tonight and received my case number and I asked if they could confirm that they have my agent's info so that all emails are directed to her. The guy told me that they have no agent on list so I'm guessing she never sent the G-28 form along with the I-130!! It's too late for me to call her right now so I will call her first thing in the morning but I was wonderng if anyone has had experience with this and what would be the next step? Would she have to send the G-28 to NVC?

I feel this will delay our process at NVC... :(

Thanks in advance!

-Diana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

agent is also selected with DS-3032 or DS-261 during NVC processing.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

currently preparing evidences. is there an easy way to print YM chat logs? how exactly you do it? how many pages?

(i'm feeling lazy, lol)

I wonder why my country takes so long to schedule interviews !!!! Goosh i thought the waiting was over for me apparently not !

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

currently preparing evidences. is there an easy way to print YM chat logs? how exactly you do it? how many pages?

(i'm feeling lazy, lol)

I copied and pasted mine into a word doc. That way you can reduce the spacing and get more chats per page. But otherwise if you go to conversation history I believe there is a print option or email option.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.