Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

So we called back and asked for supervisor to review the package. They're saying that they do not see marriage certificate included in the package whereas we know we've included it. Does anyone know how long it takes for supervisor review?

When hubby called there on Friday he was told to check back in a week for the Supervisor’s review. He’s planning on calling tomorrow back tomorrow.

Edited by hikergirl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

does nvc always send false check lists when they start reviewing any of the packages ?? Or can the packages be reviewed wzout sending any emails ??

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

There is no automated system. Wait on hold until you get a person.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

YAY! Hubby got his tax transcripts so we are sending the AOS package away tomorrow! I have a question regarding the I-864. It's all filled out, I am just wondering in the areas that don't apply to us should we write N/A or None in every single spot? For example section 9 'Did someone help you fill this form out' Should I type None and N/A on all the lines?! Same for the optional section of the form?! That just seems like a ton of N/A and None's! LOL! I apologize for the silly/stupid question I just want to make sure I get this done right! When all of this is over I am seriously having a party :dance:

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone know how I can know when my case files have reached the US embassy in ISLAMABAD? If I cann NVC, will they be able to tell me this info?

Needed some information for the interview and the consulate told me to ask back when they have received the case files!

Thanks.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

That's the problem, we only have 1 original and we already sent it.

I assume your marriage certificate is not issue by US government, that mean it will need to be translated by CERTIFIED translator only with their SEAL stamp on it (they want to see OFFICIAL SEAL and not some Joe-Smo translation) otherwise that documents is no good. READ NVC GUIDELINE ON WHEN SUBMITTING FOREIGN DOCUMENTS and where to go and get it translated.

If you're already resubmitted the original, at this time I would contact the place where you got married and obtain another official copy than to a certified translator ASAP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

YAY! Hubby got his tax transcripts so we are sending the AOS package away tomorrow! I have a question regarding the I-864. It's all filled out, I am just wondering in the areas that don't apply to us should we write N/A or None in every single spot? For example section 9 'Did someone help you fill this form out' Should I type None and N/A on all the lines?! Same for the optional section of the form?! That just seems like a ton of N/A and None's! LOL! I apologize for the silly/stupid question I just want to make sure I get this done right! When all of this is over I am seriously having a party :dance:

I think you would leave that blank, if no one else helped you to prepare the form, section 9 clearly says "If prepared..."

There are example forms on top that will probably help you. See on this VJ Page somewhere below Wiki and News :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Anyone know how I can know when my case files have reached the US embassy in ISLAMABAD? If I cann NVC, will they be able to tell me this info?

Needed some information for the interview and the consulate told me to ask back when they have received the case files!

Thanks.

call DoS Hotline, ask for casefile status.

When they report 'casefile opened' then they got it logged into their system.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
It looks like lots of field office approvals are taking longer than normal for NVC to receive the cases. My case was forwarded to NBC from CSC, so NBC typically sends I-130 to local field office. Also, going through internet research (may or may not be true), but field office approvals are only sent once a month, so they are sending batches of I-130 approvals to NVC, this could be potential reason for delay.

But this is definitely causing headaches. Anyone, else in similar shoes?

You really should find out with an ISO if you were at a local office, or no.

Here's how:

Question for ISO: What date did my casefile reach the local office?

Then, once that answer is given, ask:

Which local office is it ?

Then,

What date did the casefile leave the local office?

Ask these exact questions, in that exact order, and report back here and in your USCIS I-130 Monthly thread that you belong to, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You really should find out with an ISO if you were at a local office, or no.

Here's how:

Question for ISO: What date did my casefile reach the local office?

Then, once that answer is given, ask:

Which local office is it ?

Then,

What date did the casefile leave the local office?

Ask these exact questions, in that exact order, and report back here and in your USCIS I-130 Monthly thread that you belong to, aye?

The tier 2 rep. I spoke to did not want to bother to do any research. I actually waited 45 minutes to speak to him. Can you believe that? And nothing. Per him, he would not create a case request until it has been 30 days since approval. So I basically I can't do anything until next Monday. But believe me, I did ask him if the approval documents has been shipped to NVC and if so when. He was adamant about 30 days thing. I also told him, NVC was saying only 20 days (aka 15 business days)....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am trying to follow your situation pertaining to the NADRA documents, what was the issue? i have brand a new NADRA marriage certificate, and a new NADRA birth certificate for my wife, will those be an issue , can you please recap your situation a bit? thank you please :)

The issue was they didn't like the documents being stamped, even though they were originals, but I believe the people at NADRA used the wrong stamps. So now, we had to get new originals, i'll get them end of this week or early next week and then send them along to NVC.

08/24/2012 - Married

USCIS:

10/01/2012 - Mailed/Filed for I-130 via USPS Express Mail
10/05/2012 - E-Notification NOA1
10/10/2012 - Paper NOA1
11/28/2012 - Transferred from NBC to NYC Office
02/13/2013 - USCIS Case Status NOA2
02/20/2013 - Paper NOA2

NVC:
02/22/2013 - Case Received by NVC
03/11/2013 - Case Number, IIN, BIN Assigned, DS-3032 Email Sent
03/13/2013 - AOS Invoice Received and Paid and DS-3032 Generated
03/14/2013 - AOS Invoice Shows as Paid, AOS Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail, DS-3032 Re-sent with Supervisor Review
03/15/2013 - AOS Packet Received by NVC, DS-3032 Supervisor Review Accepted
03/18/2013 - IV Invoice Received and Paid
03/21/2013 - IV Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail
03/23/2013 - IV Invoice Shows as Paid
03/27/2013 - AOS Packet Accepted
04/03/2013 - IV Packet Reviewed
04/04/2013 - IV Checklist Received
04/15/2013 - IV Checklist Arrived at NVC
04/24/2013 - IV Checklist Reviewed - Case Complete

05/01/2013 - Interview Date Assigned
05/03/2013 - Case Shipped to Embassy

Embassy:
05/06/2013 - Case Received from NVC
05/18/2013 - Medical
06/17/2013 - Interview Date - Result: AP

09/20/2013 - CEAC Status Changed to Visa Issued

10/01/2013 - Visa Ready for Pickup/Picked Up (Delayed due to being sent to incorrect City initially)

10/09/2013 - POE - New York City - JFK
11/xx/2013 - Greencard Received
11/xx/2013 - Social Security number Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I assume your marriage certificate is not issue by US government, that mean it will need to be translated by CERTIFIED translator only with their SEAL stamp on it (they want to see OFFICIAL SEAL and not some Joe-Smo translation) otherwise that documents is no good. READ NVC GUIDELINE ON WHEN SUBMITTING FOREIGN DOCUMENTS and where to go and get it translated.

If you're already resubmitted the original, at this time I would contact the place where you got married and obtain another official copy than to a certified translator ASAP.

It doesn't need to be translated by a professional translator, I did all ours and I'm no professional. It just needs a letter/certificate accompanying it to say the translation is true and accurate. In fcat if the doccuments are in the same language as the country applicant is being interviewed at they shouldn't need to be translated at all.

champi you are going to have to try and get a certified copy from the issuing body while you wait for a supervisor review, did you include a photocopy of it?

Timeline

The tier 2 rep. I spoke to did not want to bother to do any research. I actually waited 45 minutes to speak to him. Can you believe that? And nothing. Per him, he would not create a case request until it has been 30 days since approval. So I basically I can't do anything until next Monday. But believe me, I did ask him if the approval documents has been shipped to NVC and if so when. He was adamant about 30 days thing. I also told him, NVC was saying only 20 days (aka 15 business days)....

Try it again, sometime soonish, the exact questions in that exact order.

They will do research without a service request, as the data points you are chasing after (in my questions) are actually there in front of them on their screen. For this 'research' it's a simple matter of getting to another screen.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

When hubby called there on Friday he was told to check back in a week for the Supervisor’s review. He’s planning on calling tomorrow back tomorrow.

Thanks hikergirl, I'll keep eye on the progress of your case.

IR-5 - for Mom
------------
08/27/2012 - Sent Application
08/28/2012 - NOA1 date
08/31/2012 - Received email from USCIS saying the package is accepted
09/11/2012 - Received a letter saying case transferred Lee's Summit, MO
02/15/2013 - Received an email saying case is approved
02/22/2013 - I-130 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC Journey
--------------
02/18/2013 - NVC received the case
03/11/2013 - NVC case # assigned
03/12/2013 - Petitioners' email corrected, Beneficiary's email added
03/13/2013 - DS3032 received
03/13/2013 - DS3032 email sent (was sent before the we received the DS3032)
03/13/2013 - AOS fee invoiced and Paid (shows In Progress)
03/14/2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
03/14/2013 - AOS package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/15/2013 - AOS package delivered to NVC on 03/15/2013 at 10:06:00
03/19/2013 - Re-sent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review on subject
03/21/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
03/22/2013 - IV fee invoiced and paid
03/25/2013 - IV fee shows PAID
03/25/2013 - IV package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/26/2013 - IV package delivered to NVC on 03/26/2013 at 10:04am
03/27/2013 - AOS accepted
04/08/2013 - IV checklist found out by phone - NVC lost our marriage certificate sad.png
04/09/2013 - IV checklist email received
04/16/2013 - IV Checklist response mailed - new Marriage Certificate

04/16/2013 - Case Complete (they found our first marriage certificate during supervisor review??)
04/17/2013 - NVC received IV Checklist response
04/23/2013 - Case Complete email from NVC

05/13/2013 - Medical

06/03/2013 - Interview

Thank you God!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.