Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Ok so I couldnt hold out anymore, called to check with the nvc, and my aos has been reviewed and accepted, and my ds230 is currently under review. :dance:

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have read your wiki.

We've been through this before.

I have reading comprehension issues.

Unfortunately, the stress at the moment is making it even harder for me to process the information as nothing seems to make sense anymore.

I did a text search on it for police check as well as birth cert and didn't see it come up anywhere that was explaining it for me to understand.

oldlady.gif

Ok so I couldnt hold out anymore, called to check with the nvc, and my aos has been reviewed and accepted, and my ds230 is currently under review. :dance:

Woot, you are at the same place I am. But why hold out? :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Woot, you are at the same place I am. But why hold out? :)

I was trying something new. Trying to exercise patience. :yes: Its not in my nature though. :no:

I kept checking for a false checklist, but I couldnt take it anymore.

Edited by lucy4

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

I have read your wiki.

Unfortunately, the stress at the moment is making it even harder for me to process the information as nothing seems to make sense anymore.

I did a text search on it for police check as well as birth cert and didn't see it come up anywhere that was explaining it for me to understand.

WAIT!!! Before you email anything. You have to wait for the OPTIN email to be accepted!

Did you send the OPTIN email?

You will get an auto response.. that is NOT the acceptance. They will send you an email saying they accepted the OPTIN.

Mine looks like this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your correspondence.

This case is now enrolled in the Electronic Processing Program.

The additional email addresses submitted with the enrollment email were added to our records.

Please note that all forms and documents that we request and require in the future must be scanned copies of the originals. The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the consular officer at their visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

As this case is processing electronically, all forms and documents must be sent via email as scanned attachments to NVCElectronic@state.gov. Sending physical documents to the NVC will delay the processing of your case.

PERSONAL INFO

BLAHBLAH BLAH

Sincerely

someone at the NVC

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

in the IV package you email:

IV barcode page

IV cover letter

2 photos

long form birth certificate

photocopy of valid passport biographical page

marriage certificate

any divorce decrees

any military information

police clearance certificate

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

in the IV package you email:

IV barcode page

IV cover letter

2 photos

long form birth certificate

photocopy of valid passport biographical page

marriage certificate

any divorce decrees

any military information

police clearance certificate

Got the confirmed EP this morning.

Thanks for this!

I will copy and save.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

BAH!

Saylin gave me this pretty list a while ago and I saved it and just NOW found it

Okay, for Canadians, NVC goes as follows:

1. Once the case number is assigned, on the SAME call, do the following: get the case number, get the IIN, get the BIN, give over both email addresses

2. Send the optin email (if you wish to do EP)

3. Try logging onto the payment portal, once you can, pay the AOS bill

3. Try logging onto the online forms portal, once you can, fill out the DS-261

4. Once the IV bill has been invoiced (based on acceptance of DS-261), pay the IV bill

5. Once AOS is showing as paid and optin email has been accepted, send the AOS package

6. Once IV is showing as paid and optin email has been accepted, send the IV package and fill out the DS-260 online

7. Respond to any checklists

Since you're going through online forms (and possibly EP if you sign up for it), I suggest you disregard the other guides and just read mine as mine's specific for Canada.

oldlady.gif

Congrats! kicking.gif

I have read your wiki.

Just take a step back for a moment and take a deep breath. I know it can be stressful, probably even more so for you. You'll get through this, I know it.

BAH!

Saylin gave me this pretty list a while ago and I saved it and just NOW found it

I was just going to repeat the same thing to the above response, but you beat me to it!

For your process, just go step by step, and focus on that part on the wiki, ignore everything else as it may be overwhelming.

Right now, I believe you've completed the above 4 steps, right? (Just realised I numbered those steps wrong, there's two #3s headbonk.gif) If that's right, focus on the AOS portion right now. Gather the documents, combine them into one PDF, and email it off :) Once you've got that done, report back and we'll move onto the next step yes.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Where are you getting that cut-off date for interviews? Remember, interviews are scheduled all month long, no matter when you got a case complete...

I was studying the timelines for the Tokyo embassy and it seemed like it was normal for people to get an interview the following month after CC from NVC, especially in April and this was shown in April of 2012,2011,and 2010. But I just saw someone who had a CC in March and got an April interview date, so anything's possible I suppose

Here's hoping the Tokyo embassy isn't so busy and I can get a June interview.

Thanks for the reply Saylin.

9/29/06 - Started dating my husband (LDR For 5 years after 6/07)
8/22/12 - Married in Japan
10/10/12 - I-130 Sent (Japan Post)
10/12/12 - Received at Chicago Lock Box
10/15/12 - NOA1(no email, had to call and find out and recieved the hard copy 10/22/12) case at NBC
12/14/12 - NOA2(no email once again,randomly checked it online)
01/07/13 - NVC Case Received
01/25/13 - Case Number assigned and AOS fee billed(somehow NVC didn't write down the proper emails for my husband and I )
3/06/13 - AOS invoice paid!(more like the 4th,when they withdrew the money!)
3/04/13 - DS-3032 email sent
3/13/13 - DS-3032 replied to
3/14/13 - IV invoice billed
3/16/13 - IV invoice bill paid
3/19/13 - NVC withdrew my money(waiting for the PAID STATUS)
3/24/13 - IV invoice officially paid
4/03/13 - Sent AOS and IV (without PCC....doh!) package via next day mail
4/04/13 - AOS & IV Package received
4/16/13 - AOS accepted(found out by phone april 17th)
4/17/13 - NVC wants PCC(found out via phone)CHECKLIST!
4/18/13 - Sent PCC with checklist (cover letter, etc) next day mail
4/19/13 - PCC delivered
4/30/13 - Case Complete(Lord, PLEASE!!! LET ME GET IT BY THE END OF APRIL!!) #### YEAH!
5/13/13- Interview date assigned & received Packet 4
5/16/13- Package left NVC for Tokyo(I assume it will get there in 3days)
5/20/13- Package delivered to Tokyo embassy
5/21/13- Medical

6/10/13- Interview at Tokyo embassy
tuzki-emoticon-030.gif APPROVED!!
6/x/13- Visa received

7/9/13- MY Hubby is coming to good ole Houston, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello all,

I sent our AOS packet off about two weeks ago, but we have not sent our IV packet in yet as my wife is still waiting on her birth certificate. Today I received a checklist, and I am almost sure it's a false one, I just want to confirm that.

For electronic processing, all forms and documents that we request and require from you should be

scanned and e-mailed to NVC as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The documents should

be sent as attachments with your e-mail response and not in a web file. NVC is unable to process

documents submitted in web files. Forms and documents should not be mailed through the postal

service.The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at the visa

interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in

obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant. Any questions regarding your petition should continue to be

directed to NVCElectronic@state.gov.

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case.

The Principal Applicant and any other Applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the United

States must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following

website for instructions:

Also, does this imply that the AOS was approved?

Hello all,

I sent our AOS packet off about two weeks ago, but we have not sent our IV packet in yet as my wife is still waiting on her birth certificate. Today I received a checklist, and I am almost sure it's a false one, I just want to confirm that.

Also, does this imply that the AOS was approved?

I say false checklist and AOS approved. Call NVC up asap to confirm though :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay - so we have had some life junk get in the way and have had to put things on hold for a month or so.

But today as I am getting ready to submit my AOS stuff I just happened to take a look and there is a new (at least to me) format I-864. Did I miss this or just not do my homework? we have been using the old format. I don't think there is a lot of change except layout and barcoding but I guess the new forms are the ones to use, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.