Jaz&Bry

How to kill wait time...any advice?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I left to see my fiancee America for 3 months. Although some have negative experiences with that.

They can't refuse entrance based on a K1 process. As the matter of fact I used that fact to get in (why would I pay so much for a K1 just to waste all the money and move in now?) they can however refuse entrance based on their feeling that your visit is not genuine.

Still, I'd say it's worth it. Being 3 months together is a great way to kill time. It took us about 6 months to get our NOA2.

Another thing I did, was spend a lot of time with my friends as I had to say goodbye to them. Volunteering anywhere I could and live as a nomad. It was actually pretty fun but still it didn't numb the anxiety completely.

Good luck!

Thanks! I would looooove to do that too! But I think I should stay and find work since we´re trying to save some more money for a wonderful honeymoon, AOS and renovating the house. He will visit luckily.

All the best to you guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I currently live on a "vacation" apartment in Germany with my cat. I have a job that I told nothing of the visa because they will fire me. It isn't going well though. So much stress and they said they aren't happy with me so they will fire me in one month. I will get the unemployment money though. Are you getting those too? I thought maybe I could get a part time job after I loose my job or just wait, my guess is that in 3 months I'll be at the interview. Another thing is that I am an engineer and it would look bad on my resume too but hey.. I will exclude it. I have to think of my expenses too.

It is sad because I visited 3 times my fiance in the US, each visit for 10 days maximum and last time the POE officer told me not to visit again without the visa. I wrote a review about that in the "yes you can visit" topic. Each case is different though I think.

So I'm stuck in this limbo as you. My guess is if you can afford it then rent a vacation apartment (ferienwohnung) its cheap and fully furnished. Volunteering as

Michel and Kim said is nice too. Another thing is video games. I know it's silly but I play a lot lately :P Makes me forget everything. And gym is nice too but you can't be there 5 hours a day or else you will look like a bodybuilder xD

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.