IndiatoKY

How do I get my Stepson here. Please help? this is reallly confusing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I applied for my wife to come here with a I-130 form and I asked the office if my stepson could come here under her application and they said yes about 7 months ago. Then I was filling out the I-864 and then I was told I need to fill out another I-130 for him. He is a minor. Anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do? Any help is much appreciated.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi All,

I applied for my wife to come here with a I-130 form and I asked the office if my stepson could come here under her application and they said yes about 7 months ago. Then I was filling out the I-864 and then I was told I need to fill out another I-130 for him. He is a minor. Anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do? Any help is much appreciated.

To answer your question, we need more imformation. How old is the child? How did your wife get here? and when was her visa issued... on a K1 or a K3 or on an immigrant visa... That is important...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey Zyggy,

Thanks for the quick reply. He is 17 and my wife has not come here yet. I am just about to send in the I-864. So her visa has not been issued yet. She is listed under K-3 because we are already married. Thanks so much

If you are sending in the I-864, does that mean that you plan to have her come here on the Immigrant Visa, and not interview for/use the K-3?

That will make a big difference as to what happens to her son. If you have not yet filed an I-130 for him, you will need to do so at some point.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

IndiatoKY,

Further to what meauxna asked, have you submitted an I-129f petition for your wife?

Yodrak

Hey Zyggy,

Thanks for the quick reply. He is 17 and my wife has not come here yet. I am just about to send in the I-864. So her visa has not been issued yet. She is listed under K-3 because we are already married. Thanks so much

If you are sending in the I-864, does that mean that you plan to have her come here on the Immigrant Visa, and not interview for/use the K-3?

That will make a big difference as to what happens to her son. If you have not yet filed an I-130 for him, you will need to do so at some point.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yes the 129f has been completed for her. thanks so much everyone. Now...do I have to fill out two 130s?

IndiatoKY,

Further to what meauxna asked, have you submitted an I-129f petition for your wife?

Yodrak

Hey Zyggy,

Edited by IndiatoKY

Filed: Timeline

IndiatoKY,

Yes.

Yodrak

Yes the 129f has been completed for her. thanks so much everyone. Now...do I have to fill out two 130s?

IndiatoKY,

Yodrak

Hey Zyggy,

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Now...do I have to fill out two 130s?

Not if you've already filled out one, for your wife.

The boy needs his own.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.