Greenshoots

Political Help

8 posts in this topic

I am considering writing to my representative about the CSC pace. I am just over six (6) months now. I am looking for help for VJ members in terms of facts I can provide to the representative. CSC states that their turn time is 6.5 months I think. This fact certainly would not support a complaint. Even VJ time lines state 219 days for K-1 at CSC. That is 7 months. Again, this fact would not support a complaint.

What concerns me are the members here who have July NOAs and have not been approved. But, how do I cite this to a representative?

What concerns me is the notion that there are no approvals coming out of CSC now. But, again, how do I prove this?

I think to be persuasive I must have facts to support my request. Citing my fears that my NOA 2 won't happen for 8 or 9 months won't support a strong letter.

I am looking for facts from my peers on this cite that I can incorporate into a letter. If I put something decent together, I will post the letter here.

Thanks.

I & B- Thank you for the response. Your analysis is way over my head. I am still at the point of really not understanding what is happening to the processing time for folks that filed July through October. I cannot tell when their (my) petition will be adjudicated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No one can tell. They appear do be doing a rate of about 25% of the accepted petitions, so 4 months of NOA2 to get through one month NOA1s.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I & B- Thank you for the response. Your analysis is way over my head. I am still at the point of really not understanding what is happening to the processing time for folks that filed July through October. I cannot tell when their (my) petition will be adjudicated.

Well, it's basically going to be impossible to project with certainty what a processing time will be for an application filed in any given month. That's because the innerworkings of the CSC are very dynamic. Even before the DACA apps, you can see they periodically put certain applications on the back burner, only to then rotate priorities and burn through those apps really quickly. The one take away I can give you from the analysis I did is that the CSC has currently put I-129Fs on the back burner. The important figure to focus on is the completions-per-receipts (CPR) number. The CSC is currently processing I-129Fs at the slowest CPR rate of the last two years. Their own published data shows this has been true through January, 2013, which means they have put I-129Fs on the back burner for at least 4 months. That isn't so abnormal by USCIS standard, actually. But anecdotal evidence from this board and from self-reported statistics tells us that they have not changed their low CPR ratio from January, meaning that they have kept the I-129Fs on the back burner for over 8 months now, which is unprecedented based on the data they published. Moreover, it is clear from the data I analyzed that they put the I-129Fs on the back burner purely to free up resources to quickly process DACA petitions, which have cleared through the system with a very high CPR ratio. To me that suggests they have been neglecting I-129Fs for political purposes (because Latino groups monitor the DACA program), rather than giving I-129F petitioners their fair amount of attention.

So you should point out to your congressman that the current completions per receipts rate for I-129F shows that they are being neglected to a great extent so that DACA petitions can get pushed through the system quickly. This is a trend that shows no sign of ending in recent anecdotal and Igor's list data. It will certainly depress completion times over all, though it is hard to say how much. In any case, it is clear that they will not meet their intended 5 month goal time for the vast majority of apps filed between Aug, 2012 and the present.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

No one can tell. They appear do be doing a rate of about 25% of the accepted petitions, so 4 months of NOA2 to get through one month NOA1s.

If that, my good friend. You are more than due.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thanks. I & B.

You're welcome. By the way, I have been drafting a much longer guide to writing such a letter that I just finished. You can find it here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.