Avery Cates

How many supporters are here?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not really, but I'm not an expert on writing. Only thing I could suggest would be for making the process more transparent and asking what steps will be taken to address the backlog and what kind of effect it would have.

For example, they might say, "We are adding more people to go through the applications." But that doesn't really tell us anything. It would be much more useful to have them say, "We currently have 20 people working on 1-129f's, and this month we have added 10 more. We currently have a backlog of 3000 applications that are over 5 months, and we expect to get through all the July applications by April 15, the August applications, by April 30th, etc. and expect to be back to a 5 month time frame by the end of May."

Ahhh, but I'm dreaming....

I added this. What do you think?

The information on the USCIS website is also not very helpful, is it possible that on top of a possible improvement in processing times, more comprehensive information on backlogs, and estimated timeframes could be posted on the USCIS website?

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you do the math, they have only had 1 or 2 people working on I-129Fs since December

Yes, and that doesn't surprise me. What would surprise me is if they admitted it.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey I think this is an awesome idea! Im going to print off 2 one for my fiance and one for myself. Do you think we should add something about DACA or just stick to the fact that the processing times are too long?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Is the plan to e-mail or mail the letters? I have found 2 different addresses. I think second could be outdated, didn't find on USCIS site.

For mailing General Correspondence, please use the following address:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. Box 30111

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

Customer Feedback:

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:

24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

If I had to make a guess as to his email address it would be Donald.W.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov or Donald.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

Hey I think this is an awesome idea! Im going to print off 2 one for my fiance and one for myself. Do you think we should add something about DACA or just stick to the fact that the processing times are too long?

I'd say if you want to make any changes or additions to yours then you're welcome to do so. Me personally, I think they know why K1s are being processed slowly, but that's just me. Feel free to add them if you want to.

Is the plan to e-mail or mail the letters? I have found 2 different addresses. I think second could be outdated, didn't find on USCIS site.

P.O. Box 30111

Customer Feedback:

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

If I had to make a guess as to his email address it would be Donald.W.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov or Donald.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov

I was thinking physical mailing of letters, grabs more attention. As for the address, I assume it's the first, especially if you can't find the second one on the USCIS website. If we find out his email address, then emails would be good along side the letters.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I'd say if you want to make any changes or additions to yours then you're welcome to do so. Me personally, I think they know why K1s are being processed slowly, but that's just me. Feel free to add them if you want to.

I was thinking physical mailing of letters, grabs more attention. As for the address, I assume it's the first, especially if you can't find the second one on the USCIS website. If we find out his email address, then emails would be good along side the letters.

I'd just like to add, those emails are based on others I have seen. His email is in no way public info. If you use these and they are correct, you do so at your own risk.

Edited by Andreea&Kevin

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

I'd just like to add, those emails are based on others I have seen. His email is in no way public info. If you use these and they are correct, you do so at your own risk.

Perhaps someone more informed can come in and say if it's a good idea to try emailing? On one hand it could be effective as it would be more unexpected and certain they'd reach him. But at the same time, we don't want to jeopardize anything or email if we're not supposed to.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

Should we send letters in the mail and Fax? does anyone have a fax number?

We were just going to have the US Fiance send a letter in the mail, but if you want to fax along with that. That's fine too. I'm looking for a fax number, but can't seem to find one.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

My current estimates put us at around 10-20 letters. That's a great start, we just need to increase awareness of this idea and get more people on board. I think if we can get anywhere above 40-50, it'll definitely grab the attention we're looking for. It's a wonderful benefit of having a great community like VJ.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There was a member who did some pretty neat statistics recently, showing what the impact has been. The numbers aren't hundreds of petitions waiting longer - it's more.

Get some media involved. Tag USCIS on pictures on facebook, get a group. People are lazy and if you want to get people involved when they otherwise wouldn't, you need to get through to them in different ways. Hence why I mention facebook. Create a sarcastic/funny/sad picture with few words on it, spread it around. Send a box full of bubble wrap/peanuts(lightweight) with the G1145 and a money order of 20 cents/ a return stamp and envelope wrapped in along with "we're getting more fragile with more waiting!" - something along the lines of that. A letter disappears so fast among thousands. If the tier 2 operator gives you their name/rep # when speaking to them on the phone, address the box to them.

VJ is such a small fraction and if prior petitions only received 100 members/signatures, I don't think 40-50 letters to the USCIS will have that big of an impact compared to thousands of petitions.

Lastly but not least - I'd definitely argue for WHY it's important that I129f petitions can't wait 8 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a shorter wait however it could backfire and USCIS would just up the processing goal to 8 months. No where does it say that processing goals can't change for good. You need to add why it's important to lower the waiting time and why i129f deserves the same attention. It's far from the first time USCIS does it(TPS, as an example) so apparently, other petitions and applications get priority.

As an example, no one ever knew of this story until someone brought it to our attention; http://www.visajourney.com/news/2011/11/13/man-says-infant-daughter-died-during-bureaucratic-nightmare/

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

VJ is such a small fraction and if prior petitions only received 100 members/signatures, I don't think 40-50 letters to the USCIS will have that big of an impact compared to thousands of petitions.

I agree with what you say. Those prior petitions were for the White House's attention, however, this is more targeted at the people actually in control of what is done at the CSC, so I don't think as large a number are needed.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

P.O. Box 30111

Customer Feedback:

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Hey all... just FYI (I am a IT tech) ... email address that is correct is the one without the middle initial donald.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov Confirmed the address with telnet as being a valid email to the USCIS server. I would think a barrage of email's from everyone coupled with a follow up by snail mail would be a great approach! He can always press the delete button and throw out the mail. But would make a good statement.

Edited by Scott65

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.