NaNaNaNaBooBoo

Visa delayed, must return to USA without our Daddy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We received word today that the Consulate reviews all foreign birth certificates, and it will therefore take up to three or more weeks to receive the visa. My daughter and I leave for the US on Tuesday, without our love and our daddy. I can't believe I have to leave him again : ( I can't do it. I just can't. Last time we said goodbye we thought it was for three weeks and it turned into a year. I promised myself I would never leave him again, ever. Our daughter has already been robbed six months of her life without her father, I can't bear to see what it will do to her. As it is she falls asleep in his arms everynight, and when he isn't there she sleeps on his pillow. Why : ( Why : ( Why : (

Has anyone been in this situation where the birth certificate was reviewed for authenticity? I spoke to the consulate and they said that is all there is too it, no more delays, just the birth cert review and as long as its authentic, we will have our visa. Does this sound uniform, or am I in for the longest wait of my life?

Thanks for your support vjers,

Monica & Baruti

I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to say I am so very sorry you have to leave. I got teary eyed reading your post about the pillow. :(

I remember every time I had to leave my husband crying and feeling my heart torn out, I can't imagine adding the pain of separating father and child to it.

I wish you SPEED on this, I am sure it is just what they say, and you'll be together in just a few weeks....

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So sorry to hear about your delay. It's really sad to have everything go well and then have this little sticking point.

One thing you have probably thought of but I want to mention is that you should do some investigating on your own to make sure that your husband's birth certificate is indeed authentic. Here in Ghana people often use "connections" to get birth ceritificates faster than going directly to the Registry Office. (Even if they do go directly, often applications get lost in piles.) Anyway, the connections people sometimes have a way of forging birth certificates so that they can pocket both the fee and the cost of the birth certificate.

Your husband will know if this happens in the Congo, of course, and he might be able to contact someone there to make sure he has an authentic certificate and if not, for some reason, what he needs to do to get one.

Best of luck and my prayers are with you!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for your support everyone. I just can't stop crying. I am trying so hard to be strong. But I just don't know if I can leave. It helps to have people who know what we are going through.

VJ is the best!

Yeah.. It could be that they have problems with fradulaent BC's in that country and need the extra time to determine its authenticity. If the BC is authentic, I wouldn't worry about it.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

I am so sorry to hear that Monica. I can empathize with you on your situation and wish you good luck with everything. I know that 3 weeks seem like a life time. But, think of it this way. You have been approved for your visa! One insurmountable hurtle gone. Take care

et que le Seigneur vous benisse

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.