immihelp99

I got approved, but...?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys! Well I got my NOA2 for my I-130! I'm very excited, but I have 2 questions:

1. I received my NOA1 Jan 29,2013, about 2 months from my NOA2, March 25, 2013. Isn't this a little early? On the website it says the average time was 5 months. I'm not complaining, but I'm just wondering if this is normal or I just got lucky?

My second question is, how long now will it take from here? The reason I need to know, is because I had a plans to go see my husband in June, but I don't want to spend the money going to see him if he'll be here like say July or August? I realize every case is different, but is there a average time it takes after NOA2 received for people applying from Pakistan?

Extra info: I am US citizen filed for my husband residing in Pakistan

I am 90% sure I will need a joint sponsor, if that effects my timeline.

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been moved from K1 visa to CR-1 visa as the more appropriate location for this discussion :)

moderator hat off . . .

immihelp99, based upon the i past experiences of our members here, there is very little likelihood that your husband will have completed all of the steps to get the CR-1 visa in time to travel to the US in July or August. Your journey has been quick so far but the process now moves overseas. It will take some time for the file to get there. It will take some time for the various paperwork at this stage to be completed, and it will take some time to schedule and attend an interview. In addition, it is very probable that there will be an additional processing time after the interview for further security checks, so you should be fine to continue with your plans to visit your husband in June.

Other members who have better details about specific timing will be along soon, I'm sure, to give you a better idea.

In the meantime, you can click on the link in the title bar above that says' Immigration Timelines'. It will open up a window with several options. Click on CR-1. It will open up a list that shows some of the most recent timelines added. You can use the advance feature to search for a specific country. At the bottom of the page where it says 'filter' go to country and enter Pakistan. It will open up all of the historic records of Visa Journey members petitioning a spouse from Pakistan. The most recent entries will be near the end so you can go to the end and scroll back. This will at least give you an idea of what our members have experienced.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have a read? http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

and then find LingChe in the wiki

and

a monthly NVC Thread in the Progress Reports Subforum.

Note that YOU drive at NVC, the pace ... Mostly.

Good Luck !

and GO GET EM !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys! Well I got my NOA2 for my I-130! I'm very excited, but I have 2 questions:

1. I received my NOA1 Jan 29,2013, about 2 months from my NOA2, March 25, 2013. Isn't this a little early? On the website it says the average time was 5 months. I'm not complaining, but I'm just wondering if this is normal or I just got lucky?

My second question is, how long now will it take from here? The reason I need to know, is because I had a plans to go see my husband in June, but I don't want to spend the money going to see him if he'll be here like say July or August? I realize every case is different, but is there a average time it takes after NOA2 received for people applying from Pakistan?

You need to get over to the NVC filers hread and read Post #1 and Post #2 to get prepared for whats going to be going on at the next stage at NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417050-nvc-filers-march-2013/

1. if this is normal or I just got lucky? Two months approved fast yes normal knows but who cares its approved.
  2. How long now will it take here? Lately petitions after approval have been taking 3 to 4 weeks to arrive to NVC than another up to 2 weeks to get case#. Maybe you will get lucky again and get it fast, You will see on the thread many have been waiting weeks. However once you get Case# you determine how fast you get done by having your AOS and IV packets ready to send in.
  3. know that for men in Pakistan there is most certainly going to be mandatory Ap so you need to prepare for that. Could be days, weeks or years.
  4. I am 90% sure I will need a joint sponsor, if that effects my timeline. Why would having a co-sponsor effect your timeline. Now is the time to start getting your paperwork together go read the post.

Congratulations on a speedy approval.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

You need to get over to the NVC filers hread and read Post #1 and Post #2 to get prepared for whats going to be going on at the next stage at NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417050-nvc-filers-march-2013/

1. if this is normal or I just got lucky? Two months approved fast yes normal knows but who cares its approved.
  2. How long now will it take here? Lately petitions after approval have been taking 3 to 4 weeks to arrive to NVC than another up to 2 weeks to get case#. Maybe you will get lucky again and get it fast, You will see on the thread many have been waiting weeks. However once you get Case# you determine how fast you get done by having your AOS and IV packets ready to send in.
  3. know that for men in Pakistan there is most certainly going to be mandatory Ap so you need to prepare for that. Could be days, weeks or years.
  4. I am 90% sure I will need a joint sponsor, if that effects my timeline. Why would having a co-sponsor effect your timeline. Now is the time to start getting your paperwork together go read the post.

Congratulations on a speedy approval.

Thanks! I guess I will start getting my AOS and IV packets ready!

There is a MANDATORY ap??

Have a read? http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

and then find LingChe in the wiki

and

a monthly NVC Thread in the Progress Reports Subforum.

Note that YOU drive at NVC, the pace ... Mostly.

Good Luck !

and GO GET EM !

Yes I looked up LingChe.. Very detailed!! It seems like there is a lot to do!

Timeline

still under ap :crying:

How long has it been??

Topic has been moved from K1 visa to CR-1 visa as the more appropriate location for this discussion :)

moderator hat off . . .

immihelp99, based upon the i past experiences of our members here, there is very little likelihood that your husband will have completed all of the steps to get the CR-1 visa in time to travel to the US in July or August. Your journey has been quick so far but the process now moves overseas. It will take some time for the file to get there. It will take some time for the various paperwork at this stage to be completed, and it will take some time to schedule and attend an interview. In addition, it is very probable that there will be an additional processing time after the interview for further security checks, so you should be fine to continue with your plans to visit your husband in June.

Other members who have better details about specific timing will be along soon, I'm sure, to give you a better idea.

In the meantime, you can click on the link in the title bar above that says' Immigration Timelines'. It will open up a window with several options. Click on CR-1. It will open up a list that shows some of the most recent timelines added. You can use the advance feature to search for a specific country. At the bottom of the page where it says 'filter' go to country and enter Pakistan. It will open up all of the historic records of Visa Journey members petitioning a spouse from Pakistan. The most recent entries will be near the end so you can go to the end and scroll back. This will at least give you an idea of what our members have experienced.

Yes, I have decided that I will go visit him in June :)

I guess I can't rely on the timelines anymore, since my petition got approved 3 months before the estimated time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes I looked up LingChe.. Very detailed!! It seems like there is a lot to do!

Seems? Oh My. Make it yer bible for the next 2 months.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations on early approval but I am seeing fast I130 process for Pakistan filers, but seen people getting stuck at AP so they usually handover AP after an interview.

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Timeline

Congratulations on early approval but I am seeing fast I130 process for Pakistan filers, but seen people getting stuck at AP so they usually handover AP after an interview.

Yea I'm afraid they will keep his file for months during AP, but I hope not! I mean this case is as genuine as genuine gets, but Pakistan's reputation is not so good right now :(

Wish me luck and good luck to you too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.