October21

Waiting Times for Dublin Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been looking around on people's timelines and searching on VJ for any information to get an idea about estimated processing times for the Dublin, IE embassy and I'm not sure if I just don't understand what they're saying or if I'm not seeing a straight answer. I was hoping someone could help. My fiance (beneficiary/Irish citizen) sent his notice of readiness packet to the Dublin embassy 4 weeks ago tomorrow and he still hasn't heard anything back about Packet 4. Is 4 weeks still well within the average waiting time or should one of us contact the embassy to find out more about the status of the case?

The consulate received the petition information in January as far as I know, and the Dublin embassy information page says that it's approximately 1 month from when the embassy receives the information to when the interview is scheduled (I know that depends on when the benficiary actually sends their notice of readiness, and my fiance didn't do that right away because there was some difficulty with local Gardai understanding what he needed when he asked for his police check for a visa application). From what I think I've found on people's timelines and the Dublin embassy info page, that seems like it's a bit over the usual time it takes for the Irish beneficiary to get their Packet 4 with the interview date (is it usually 2-3 weeks or am I reading that information wrong?).

Or are we just being impatient (which I know is very very likely at this point)? Any advice would really be appreciated as always! Thanks very much!

The Story So Far

K1 Visa Application/Approval

AOS Application Process

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=135643

ROC Petition Process

September 28, 2015..........................Mailed I-751 packet to VSC (regular mail from Providence, RI)

September 30, 2015..........................Packet received at VSC (signature confirmation)

October 5, 2015.................................VSC makes $590 ACH withdrawal from our bank account

October 6, 2015.................................NOA 1 Received in the mail (dated October 1, 2015)

October 15, 2015...............................Received Biometrics letter in the mail. Appointment set for 10/28/15.

October 28, 2015...............................Biometrics completed.

August 27, 2016................................Approval letter received in the maaaaaaaaaail! Letter is dated August 23, 2016. Now waiting for green card.

:blush: Bump.

Sorry, I didn't realize I created this thread in the wrong forum. Could this be moved to the Europe/Eurasia forum?

I was just wondering if anyone else dealing with Ireland for the K-1 visa right now is experiencing a longer processing time with Packet 3 before they get their interview date? This week will be the fifth week since our Packet 3 was sent in and there's been no word back about anything from the U.S. embassy. It seems like it's starting to be a longer period of time than people in Dublin usually experience based on what I've seen on the forums here. Thanks!

The Story So Far

AOS Application Process

ROC Petition Process

September 28, 2015..........................Mailed I-751 packet to VSC (regular mail from Providence, RI)

September 30, 2015..........................Packet received at VSC (signature confirmation)

October 5, 2015.................................VSC makes $590 ACH withdrawal from our bank account

October 6, 2015.................................NOA 1 Received in the mail (dated October 1, 2015)

October 15, 2015...............................Received Biometrics letter in the mail. Appointment set for 10/28/15.

August 27, 2016................................Approval letter received in the maaaaaaaaaail! Letter is dated August 23, 2016. Now waiting for green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Europe & Eurasia regional subforum, per OP's request and for country-specific information. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

blush.gif Bump.

Sorry, I didn't realize I created this thread in the wrong forum. Could this be moved to the Europe/Eurasia forum?

I was just wondering if anyone else dealing with Ireland for the K-1 visa right now is experiencing a longer processing time with Packet 3 before they get their interview date? This week will be the fifth week since our Packet 3 was sent in and there's been no word back about anything from the U.S. embassy. It seems like it's starting to be a longer period of time than people in Dublin usually experience based on what I've seen on the forums here. Thanks!

I see in your timeline it says the interview was initially missed because you weren't aware of the date. Any suggestions for avoiding this problem? Thanks in advance!

K-1 Journey

06/13/2013 - I-129f sent

06/17/2013 - I-129f received

06/20/2013 - NOA1

06/21/2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

06/27/2013 - Received hard copy of NOA1 in the post

08/26/2013 - NOA2

09/05/2013 - NOA2 (hardcopy)

10/10/2013 - Called DOS and got NVC case number (no notifications to say it had been sent)

10/11/2013 - NVC sent case to consulate

10/17/2013 - Consulate received

10/23/2013 - Packet 3 received

10/31/2013 - DS 160 Application submitted and sent to the embassy via post11/06/2013 - Fiance has medical

12/16/2013 - Embassy Interview, Approved!

06/04/2014 - POE Seattle SEATAC airport

07/05/2014 - I-485 and EAD received

08/29/2014 - Advance Parole approved

09/05/2014 - EAD approved

07/02/2015 - I-485 denied

07/17/2015 I-290b MTR sent in

I see in your timeline it says the interview was initially missed because you weren't aware of the date. Any suggestions for avoiding this problem? Thanks in advance!

I wish I could tell you, I'm sorry :(. My husband (fiance at the time) never received his interview notification letter in the mail, so I still don't know (and probably never will know) if the consulate lost him in the shuffle and never mailed it out (my assumption) or if the local letter carrier/post office dropped the ball and never delivered it. It just never arrived at his house.

My best suggestion would be that if you don't hear back within the normal time frame when people usually get their notification letters (I'm sorry, I forget what it is, I think it's something like 2 weeks? Check around VJ, you can get estimate times), call the embassy and tell them that you never received your letter in the mail. My husband called the embassy after 4 weeks and the woman he spoke to was very defensive (as if paperwork couldn't possibly ever be misplaced or forgotten by the consulate!) but she didn't give him too much of a hard time and she rescheduled his interview for the following week so the turnaround time was very quick after that.

I hope you don't run into anything like that! It doesn't seem like it happens too often with Dublin so maybe we were just unlucky. We're in the AOS process now, so despite the hangup the visa was still approved and we were able to move in together and get married. If you have any other questions, I can try to help!

The Story So Far

AOS Application Process

ROC Petition Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I wish I could tell you, I'm sorry sad.png. My husband (fiance at the time) never received his interview notification letter in the mail, so I still don't know (and probably never will know) if the consulate lost him in the shuffle and never mailed it out (my assumption) or if the local letter carrier/post office dropped the ball and never delivered it. It just never arrived at his house.

My best suggestion would be that if you don't hear back within the normal time frame when people usually get their notification letters (I'm sorry, I forget what it is, I think it's something like 2 weeks? Check around VJ, you can get estimate times), call the embassy and tell them that you never received your letter in the mail. My husband called the embassy after 4 weeks and the woman he spoke to was very defensive (as if paperwork couldn't possibly ever be misplaced or forgotten by the consulate!) but she didn't give him too much of a hard time and she rescheduled his interview for the following week so the turnaround time was very quick after that.

I hope you don't run into anything like that! It doesn't seem like it happens too often with Dublin so maybe we were just unlucky. We're in the AOS process now, so despite the hangup the visa was still approved and we were able to move in together and get married. If you have any other questions, I can try to help!

Thanks for the advice! I am currently living in Dublin with my fiance and if the consulate is run like a lot of public sectors in Ireland I can see how this might have happened (from my experience anyway).

K-1 Journey

06/13/2013 - I-129f sent

06/17/2013 - I-129f received

06/20/2013 - NOA1

06/21/2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

06/27/2013 - Received hard copy of NOA1 in the post

08/26/2013 - NOA2

09/05/2013 - NOA2 (hardcopy)

10/10/2013 - Called DOS and got NVC case number (no notifications to say it had been sent)

10/11/2013 - NVC sent case to consulate

10/17/2013 - Consulate received

10/23/2013 - Packet 3 received

10/31/2013 - DS 160 Application submitted and sent to the embassy via post11/06/2013 - Fiance has medical

12/16/2013 - Embassy Interview, Approved!

06/04/2014 - POE Seattle SEATAC airport

07/05/2014 - I-485 and EAD received

08/29/2014 - Advance Parole approved

09/05/2014 - EAD approved

07/02/2015 - I-485 denied

07/17/2015 I-290b MTR sent in

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.