cooolguy

I-864, filed taxes electronically

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the I-864EZ. My current income alone suffices to bring my spouse over. However, I filed my 2012 taxes electronically via turbotax but I have a copy of all my tax forms including my 1040a.

I can send that in a copy of the 1040a I filed via turbotax right? Do I have to put in the worksheet forms (like my education credits forms) or just the 1040a alone. Also, should I send in the electronic postmark sheet that turbotax gives you once you file or is a signed copy of my 1040a enough?

also,

I did not file in 2010 and 2011 because I was not required to as I was full-time student in those years. Should I put in a letter stating why I did not file in 2010 and 2011 along with tuition bills from my school during those years?

I plan to put in my employment letter, pay stubs from 2013, and copy of my W2 from 2012.

Any words of advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the I-864EZ. My current income alone suffices to bring my spouse over. However, I filed my 2012 taxes electronically via turbotax but I have a copy of all my tax forms including my 1040a.

I can send that in a copy of the 1040a I filed via turbotax right? Do I have to put in the worksheet forms (like my education credits forms) or just the 1040a alone. Also, should I send in the electronic postmark sheet that turbotax gives you once you file or is a signed copy of my 1040a enough?

also,

I did not file in 2010 and 2011 because I was not required to as I was full-time student in those years. Should I put in a letter stating why I did not file in 2010 and 2011 along with tuition bills from my school during those years?

I plan to put in my employment letter, pay stubs from 2013, and copy of my W2 from 2012.

Any words of advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

NVC prefers tax return transcripts, so I would suggest requesting them from the IRS (they're completely free). You can do so here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript Every time I or my husband have ordered them, they've arrived in less than 2 weeks, in most cases, under a week for us. You can also go request one at a local IRS office, if there's one near you.

If you didn't file in previous years, then yes, include a statement about why you didn't (no income). No need to include any supporting documents for being in school.

And if you include a tax transcript, you don't need W2s, just the transcript.

Also, please fill in your timeline. It helps others, especially when trying to answer questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.