RomaSkirsky

DS 260 HELP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

I've been seeing some of the responses and questions written by you guys, and it seems that by now many will have made advancements and received their visas by now. I was hoping that you could all give some suggestions as I'm about to send in my Fiancé and I's DS 260 form. My questions are the following:

It asks who the petitioner is, which I'm a Fiancé, but the only option similar to Fiancé offered is Spouse. Will it be an issue if I put Spouse?

My second question is there is a section that asks if he has a medical form? Well, not yet, but he will at after the doctor's visit before the interview. So is it ok to put yes?

and my final question for now is there is a question towards the end which asks if the beneficiary has intentions on working in unskilled or skilled labor but do not have a certificate of permission from the secretary of labor? Well, he wants to work, but only once he has permission. I assumed the answer would be no?

Can anyone guide me a little? Supposedly this form is very important for the interview so I want to make sure he's putting the correct answers. I appreciate your help, and wish you all the best of luck with your visas!

Thanks-

Roma

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I've been seeing some of the responses and questions written by you guys, and it seems that by now many will have made advancements and received their visas by now. I was hoping that you could all give some suggestions as I'm about to send in my Fiancé and I's DS 260 form. My questions are the following:

It asks who the petitioner is, which I'm a Fiancé, but the only option similar to Fiancé offered is Spouse. Will it be an issue if I put Spouse?

My second question is there is a section that asks if he has a medical form? Well, not yet, but he will at after the doctor's visit before the interview. So is it ok to put yes?

and my final question for now is there is a question towards the end which asks if the beneficiary has intentions on working in unskilled or skilled labor but do not have a certificate of permission from the secretary of labor? Well, he wants to work, but only once he has permission. I assumed the answer would be no?

Can anyone guide me a little? Supposedly this form is very important for the interview so I want to make sure he's putting the correct answers. I appreciate your help, and wish you all the best of luck with your visas!

Thanks-

Roma

Do not call your fiance spouse on your applications.

You are not married. Not sure why I keep seeing this constantly. If you are not married you put N/A, not applicable. If you claim you are married you will have big trouble.

If he wants to work he puts " yes when I have my EAD or green card and can legally work "

Moved from spousal visas forums to K-1 process forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Hi,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately on the DS 260, it's an electronic form and therefore there is no space for written responses on these questions. He is my Fiancé but again that's not an option, he is clearly not a brother, sister, father, mother, or in-law, therefore the only other option is spouse, and unfortunately i can't leave it blank either, as the form will not allow me to move forward if I do not choose an option. It is the same situation with the work question. The option is yes or no, there is no written section. Thanks again.

Timeline

Hi,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately on the DS 260, it's an electronic form and therefore there is no space for written responses on these questions. He is my Fiancé but again that's not an option, he is clearly not a brother, sister, father, mother, or in-law, therefore the only other option is spouse, and unfortunately i can't leave it blank either, as the form will not allow me to move forward if I do not choose an option. It is the same situation with the work question. The option is yes or no, there is no written section. Thanks again.

Are you sure you are meant to be filling out that form then? not all embassys use that for the K-1 process. If there is no option for Fiance then it does not sound like the proper form to fill out. DS 160 is filled out for K-1 in my previous country for non-immigrant visa. Which is what a K-1 visa is. DS 260 is usually filled out for spousal visa applicants.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/49845403/DS-260-screen-shots To me the visa approved yesterday and I put the posion husband so it was recommended that others had already done this way and have not had any porblema and if it will work there also can put a little explanation, I hope this link mado serve you. blessings

Timeline

Thank you very much. that's a helpful link. I assumed Spouse would be the logical answer. I'm sure they're aware of the situation and my Fiancé should be able to explain in his interview. Congratulations on your approval. Regards and best of luck!

Timeline

Are you sure you are meant to be filling out that form then? not all embassys use that for the K-1 process. If there is no option for Fiance then it does not sound like the proper form to fill out. DS 160 is filled out for K-1 in my previous country for non-immigrant visa. Which is what a K-1 visa is. DS 260 is usually filled out for spousal visa applicants.

Actually Fiancé visas from Mexico do not fill out a Ds- 160 form. They fill out the DS 260 and DS 156 form. Please note that the Fiancé visa is first a non-immigrant visa but once present to the embassy an immigrant visa as the fiancé will be permanently residing in the US. Every country and embassy has different requirements and forms. I know the form I'm filling out is correct or it would not come up with my name and everything in my account and I confirmed with the embassy. Unfortunately the embassy told me they are unable to answer questions regarding the forms as they have never reviewed them.

Timeline

Well K-1 forums isn't the correct place for this then since it is region specific to mexico embassy. I will move it to the regional forums.

Timeline

Ok. Not sure I understand. It is a K 1 visa and the conversation is about the DS 260. If I'm in the wrong forum I apologize. When I typed in DS -260 this is what came up.

Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, those going through Juarez fill out the DS-260, and Yes, the correct choice there is spouse.

(I know this was from last week, but I wanted to put this here for anyone else that may get confused by that, just to make it clear.)

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes, those going through Juarez fill out the DS-260, and Yes, the correct choice there is spouse.

(I know this was from last week, but I wanted to put this here for anyone else that may get confused by that, just to make it clear.)

Ok great! Thanks for clarifying! :-)

Saludos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.