rafael777

VOTER REGISTRATION MISTAKE

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the replies. so during the application for Naturalization, do they ask you about it, or do they check the counties for past voter registration? just curious. I will most likely just stay under my green card status.

The sucky thing is, Im a honest resident, paid taxes even when illegal on this Land, Give to charities often, and now have an American Wife and two american sons. it sucks that i have to be under a green card because of something done mistekenly.

Theres gotta be a way to by pass this. I will consult with an Immigration Lawyer, not closing out this topic yet. looking for more imput from other members that may know.

My husband will most likely never become a citizen because his country doesn't allow dual citizens yet. My own father has been in the country since the 80s and is not a citizen. I don't see what the big deal is.

As to your issue - you checked off the box, so it was your fault and you knew you checked off the box, so you've had time to rectify that mistake. It isn't like it happened by accident and it was brought up by surprise at the interview. I think it would be a different story if the DMV worker had done it. I specifically told one in Colorado that I wanted to be registered Libertarian, turns out years later...she had registered me Republican. That kind of thing can happen, but that isn't what happened in this case.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband will most likely never become a citizen because his country doesn't allow dual citizens yet. My own father has been in the country since the 80s and is not a citizen. I don't see what the big deal is.

As to your issue - you checked off the box, so it was your fault and you knew you checked off the box, so you've had time to rectify that mistake. It isn't like it happened by accident and it was brought up by surprise at the interview. I think it would be a different story if the DMV worker had done it. I specifically told one in Colorado that I wanted to be registered Libertarian, turns out years later...she had registered me Republican. That kind of thing can happen, but that isn't what happened in this case.

One key advantage of being an LPR is only have one passport to maintain. Only get a couple of days off for vacation each year, where should we go, Europe? It's always the home country, wife sure likes to see her family again and I can't blame her for that. So don't use that US passport to go anywhere else. But have to maintain it, but still have to maintain that foreign passport either way.

Key advantage of US citizenship is you can vote for politicians that say they will lower taxes and say they are pro-life. With the former, only talking about reducing their own taxes. With the latter, did make a huge change with this abortion issue. Use to be you were either pro-abortion or anti-abortion, the huge change is now you are either pro-choice or pro-life. But you can vote for this difference of opinion and that is the most important thing.

Filed: Other Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hey man dot sweat it.. im same boat with you im petition by my mom and i accidentally registered to vote.. dont listen to the people scaring to Deport you Deport you for what Lol specially Brothee Hesekiel dont listen

to him he really scare people here If they gonna deport you depoet the undocumented first ahahahah 2013 already man we dont love in the 80's anymore like people here scaring you need tax records and filing satatus People are liars My After my biometrics arrived i got my Yellow paper and asking me to bring Passport current and expired .. where the tax this people are saying they are scaring you if they deport then deporr dont be scared to apply.. im same with you i was registered to vote changing the address of my license So heres what you need to do.. Go to the county election cancel it remove your name and let them stamp it they should give you a letter stating that your voter was cancelled and that you did not vote!! thats all and write a letrer explaining and again dont be scared to apply scared for what get scared if you cant pay rent not this if they deport then deport thats all.. which is imposiible people hype stuffs on the internet if they deny you then so what your still a Greem card then apply again So people trying to scare shut up already..specially brother hesekiel in every situation he tries to invent a story Lol so go ahead and apply im waiting my interview letter =D good luck go with the flow and be honest thats what ill do no need an attourney if they gonna deny you they deny you even witj or without an attourney God Bless =D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is akin to The cat sat on the mat level.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

It is akin to The cat sat on the mat level.

For the wife, it was the same grade level as the civics questions. She had to read something aloud about California, then he asked, "What is the largest state?"

The wife answered, "Alaska."

"Okay, that was your first civics question, now write down, 'Alaska is the biggest state.'"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.