GJen

My ROC package checklist

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey everyone

So I'm putting my ROC package together and I wanted to post my Checklist on here so y'all can tell me what you think and let me know if there's anything Im forgetting

*Payment $590

*Cover Sheet

* Form I-751

*Copy of Green card

*Copy of both of our Driver's licenses with same address

*Copy of our apartment lease

*Utility bills (Electric bill, Internet/Cable bill). I'm including copies of 5 different months. Should I include more?

*Bank Statements with our names as joint on account (how many should I include?)

*Joint tax returns from the last 2 years

*Car insurance showing both of our names.

*Marriage certificate

*Both of our biography passports and visa pages showing proof of our trip back to Venezuela visiting my family, Boarding tickets as well.

*copy of receipt showing proof that we bought tickets to go on a cruise to the Bahama. Also Copy of our room key on the cruise Showing our names and room number. Bill of expenses on the cruise.

*Pictures taken on our wedding day, trip to the Bahamas and Venezuela.

Is there anything I'm forgetting? or that I should include? Thank you.

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Hey everyone

So I'm putting my ROC package together and I wanted to post my Checklist on here so y'all can tell me what you think and let me know if there's anything Im forgetting

*Payment $590 Correct.

*Cover Sheet Good

* Form I-751 Hopefully you and your wife signed it :devil:

*Copy of Green card Front and back--Yes?

*Copy of both of our Driver's licenses with same address Good

*Copy of our apartment lease Good

*Utility bills (Electric bill, Internet/Cable bill). I'm including copies of 5 different months. Should I include more? We did not include these and if you look at the pinned thread on ROC that Garry And Alla posted that USCIS person said Utility bills are less important as anybody can be on the bill as payer.

Bank Statements with our names as joint on account s with our names as joint on account (how many should I include?) I did one per quarter spanning the 2 year period

*Joint tax returns from the last 2 years Did you use returns or transcripts--Transcripts are better

*Car insurance showing both of our names. Good and address too?

*Marriage certificate We did not include this as they already have two certified copies from the AOS stage

*Both of our biography passports and visa pages showing proof of our trip back to Venezuela visiting my family, Boarding tickets as well. Good.

*copy of receipt showing proof that we bought tickets to go on a cruise to the Bahama. Also Copy of our room key on the cruise Showing our names and room number. Bill of expenses on the cruise. Good

*Pictures taken on our wedding day, trip to the Bahamas and Venezuela. Good

I think you have enough and well balanced. I say this because it looks a lot like what we sent in. I had more joint financial information, I included my employer's benefit statement where it shows my wife as the beneficaiary on my Life and health insurance, and that she is listed as my wife.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thank you so much for going over my list, My answer is yes to all ur questions n my list :) ... One question, how did you send the package? did u put it in a folder with paperclips? or did u punch holes and put it all in a folder? just curious. Thanks

I think you have enough and well balanced. I say this because it looks a lot like what we sent in. I had more joint financial information, I included my employer's benefit statement where it shows my wife as the beneficaiary on my Life and health insurance, and that she is listed as my wife.

Good luck,

Dave

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Actually, USCIS has recommendations for putting together your package. The most important thing to note from their recommendation is to STAPLE your check to the cover letter or I-751. I stapled it to the cover letter. All the rest was about 220 pages so I couldn't paper clip it, I just stuck it in a folder which then went in a 10" x 13" envelope and sent it. I think it is all there. I know the check went through.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Thank you so much for going over my list, My answer is yes to all ur questions n my list :) ... One question, how did you send the package? did u put it in a folder with paperclips? or did u punch holes and put it all in a folder? just curious. Thanks

I used one big binder clip and no staples or punched holes--check on top of cover letter. I sent it via USPS Express mail and waived the signature requirement. I also put " FORM I-751" on the outside of the envelope. Check cleared 2 days after arriveal and NOA1 arrived within a week.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Hey everyone

*Payment $590

*Cover Sheet

* Form I-751

*Copy of Green card

*Copy of both of our Driver's licenses with same address

*Copy of our apartment lease

*Utility bills (Electric bill, Internet/Cable bill). I'm including copies of 5 different months. Should I include more?

*Bank Statements with our names as joint on account (how many should I include?)

*Joint tax returns from the last 2 years

*Car insurance showing both of our names.

*Marriage certificate

*Both of our biography passports and visa pages showing proof of our trip back to Venezuela visiting my family, Boarding tickets as well.

*copy of receipt showing proof that we bought tickets to go on a cruise to the Bahama. Also Copy of our room key on the cruise Showing our names and room number. Bill of expenses on the cruise.

*Pictures taken on our wedding day, trip to the Bahamas and Venezuela.

Please read carefully as I was a July 2012 filer who just got RFE'd for lack of sufficient evidence. I put in:

2 years tax return in both our names

several months joint checking acct summaries

2012 car insurance card

2012 joint health insurance

home title fully paid off in both our names.

not only pictures but a USB of pictures with time stamps and gps location tags.

The answer I received was:

The evidence submitted does not establish, in sifficnt detail, joint ownership of assets for the duration of the marriage. etc... Supporting documentation must cover AS MUCH OF THE MARITAL PERIOD AS POSSIBLE and must also indicate joint financial responsibilty and joint residentcy for that same time period.

So MY advice is not to skimp on what you submit. My bank is printing every statement for the past 3 years (for free at the local branch) and I pick them up tomorrow.

Edited by drlarryclements

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.