Rahstyles

If I send a cell phone or somthing expensive?

31 posts in this topic

whats the best carrier and cheapest to go with? is it? LBC? USPS? what?

Also do they open peoples boxes to check iT? Does the philipine have bans on things to send like electronics or somthing??

Cause this guy at my work said he wants to send a ####### to the philipines and he dont know for shure if that his wifes gonna get it cause he read somthing about philipines banning those..

Im not trying to troll im just wondering. Cause it seems alot of stuff here that is okay in the usa is not legal in the philipines..

IM trying to send a Nexus 4 smart phone to my wife in the philipines.. They dont sell those there and its a rare item in the PI alot of people would kill to get there hand on the nexus 4 in the PI

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You boxes can be open and things stolen. I had a friend that sent some magic jacks and they were stolen.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Chances that the phone would even be operable in another country is slim to none. Why not send some $$ so she can get something she can utilize?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if i were sending expensive items that are likely to be stolen. the only service i would consider is FED EX

Also if you go to the post office (USPS) you can send Global Express, those packages are handled by FED EX and delivered by FED Ex, it even says Fed Ex on the box, and it cost about half the price of what you would pay if you went directly to Fed Ex.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have sent my fiancee (Philippines) multiple iPhones for her and her family to use. They have all arrived in perfect condition (make sure you package well) and in approximately 2 weeks while being sent via first class mail through USPS. It cost me about $12 each package, depending on the weight. I looked into other options, DHL, FEDEX, UPS, etc and even considered insurance. But they quickly get so expensive to the point where you spend more money on shipping than what the package is worth. My advice is to send first class USPS and take your chances. I have sent her 4 iPhones over the last few years and never had a problem.

As far as them not working in Philippines? Ever heard of jail breeaking your phone? Easy and cheap in Philippines. Maybe 500-1000 pesos each phone.

Edited by Leidlein

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Chances that the phone would even be operable in another country is slim to none. Why not send some $ so she can get something she can utilize?

I have to disagree, it has been my experience that the smaller country's are well ahead of the US as far the 4G thing. many less towers and such to upgrade vs the US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to disagree, it has been my experience that the smaller country's are well ahead of the US as far the 4G thing. many less towers and such to upgrade vs the US

Yup I agree if there's a sim card there's a way. Just need someone experienced enough to break its code. I brought an htc rezound and someone over there said it wouldn't work, when I got back to the states I had a guy tell me for sure he could make it work. You just need the person who knows how to do it for that phone, that's why iphones are so easy everyone knows them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also if you go to the post office (USPS) you can send Global Express, those packages are handled by FED EX and delivered by FED Ex, it even says Fed Ex on the box, and it cost about half the price of what you would pay if you went directly to Fed Ex.

Nice to know

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

There's no SIM card in iPhones 4 and 5. My phone is jail broken, and still does not work over seas. I have iPhone 4S. So. Good luck with that :)

OKAY LET ME JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT SINCE I STUDY PHONES.

Nexus 4 is a unlocked phone that you can change the APN settings in the options also has a sIM card slot.

Philipines at the moment does not have 4g lte capabilites so thats not possible to use.. Instead you can make and recieve calls also avail 3g but not hspa+ 3g.

Phones from verizon such as the note 2 must be unlocked and rooted also it needs the add extra programming on the files.. you gotta search it .. if you have a note 2 from verizon need it working in the PI let me know ill tel you how.

Other phones like the iphone you have to buy the unlocked one from the iphone website not the att or verizon or sprint

SPRINT PHONE AND OTHER CDMA PHONES DO NOT WORK IN THE PI YOU NEED TO EITHER CUT THE SIM PLATE OUT AND DO ALOT OF MODDING .. SO ITS NOT WORTH IT.

OTHER PHONES FROM VERIZON TMOBILE AND ATT have a sim card slot and WORK BUT HAVE TO BE ROOTED AND UNLOCKED AND SOME EXTRA PROGRAMING.

YES VERIZON IS CDMA BUT NEW PHONES THAT HAVE 4G HAVE SIM CARD SLOTS WHICH CAN BE USED IF ROOTED AND UNLOCKED AND PROGRAMED.

Edited by Rahstyles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Cause this guy at my work said he wants to send a ####### to the philipines and he dont know for shure if that his wifes gonna get it cause he read somthing about philipines banning those..

I dunno, if this was the main reason for posting the question - it's probably more fun to pay for her trip to Singapore, where she can buy one openly and smuggle it back in her luggage.

Just saying...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

I dunno, if this was the main reason for posting the question - it's probably more fun to pay for her trip to Singapore, where she can buy one openly and smuggle it back in her luggage.

Just saying...

I dunno. You can buy almost anything in the Philippines. 10 year old kids were selling x-rated dvd's on the flyover near Coastal mall.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh, so she just needs monies for a local shopping excursion, after all. ok la.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.