TISHEFF

payment for K1 visa processing fee

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiancee and I alrdy got our letter from NVC and the embassy has sent necessary packet for medical and others but I'm so confused as I cannot get to pay the processing fees at the bank directed to make the payment to be able to schedule for an interview. The big question is how do I schedule for my interview if I can't make the payment at the designated bank. Secondly,the consular directed the payment to be made on the day of interview which I think is conflicting already. What's the way out of here as I'm getting weary alrdy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,I'm sorry you are going through any stress ,Don't worry things will be alright . Can you please explain why you or your fiancee can't make the payment to the bank ?

I am sure our more exprienced 9ja Vj members will be able to help with more info from you .

Timeline

Hello,I'm sorry you are going through any stress ,Don't worry things will be alright . Can you please explain why you or your fiancee can't make the payment to the bank ?

I am sure our more exprienced 9ja Vj members will be able to help with more info from you .

Thanks so much for your response.We got an email that said to pay the K1 fee at a particular bank, then use the receipt number to schedule an appointment.The attachment that was in the email said to pay the fee on the interview dy.The two statements are conficting and i have no idea what to do. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, the instructions for K1 visas at the Nigeria embassy say to pay the fee directly at the embassy at the time of the interview:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_Apr2012.pdf

USTravelDocs site for Nigeria also says K1 visa applicants pay directly at the embassy:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

I assume the email that said to pay at the bank was sent by mistake. That is for non-K visas.

Edited by vbtwo

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

Thanks so much for your response.We got an email that said to pay the K1 fee at a particular bank, then use the receipt number to schedule an appointment.The attachment that was in the email said to pay the fee on the interview dy.The two statements are conficting and i have no idea what to do. :unsure:

If the directive to pay @ the bank to make a schedule is a mistake and I have to pay @ the day of my interview is the right process then ow do I knw or schedule for an interview???

Timeline

Hey Tisheff,

ITs not a mistake as I recieved the same email and I actually called them to make sure if the process has changed for k1 and it did. You have to pay at the bank now and use your receipt # and passport information when logging into the website. You can also call them just to make sure. I have not done mine yet for a different reason but will soon.

Did you go to the bank? if so, What did the bank tell you?

I think there is conflicting information because just weeks ago or last month the old process for k1 was to bring the money to the interview so I guess they havent updated their docs from the packet as the one I got is dated may 2012

Love Love Love

Timeline

Hey Tisheff,

ITs not a mistake as I recieved the same email and I actually called them to make sure if the process has changed for k1 and it did. You have to pay at the bank now and use your receipt # and passport information when logging into the website. You can also call them just to make sure. I have not done mine yet for a different reason but will soon.

Did you go to the bank? if so, What did the bank tell you?

I think there is conflicting information because just weeks ago or last month the old process for k1 was to bring the money to the interview so I guess they havent updated their docs from the packet as the one I got is dated may 2012

Hi Mahoganyme, I did go to the bank and i was told they do not accept payment for Immigrant Visa but only Non Immigrant Visa

Timeline

Hmmm that is a problem. You should probably call the embassy early tomorrow morning and see what they say because thats just ridiculous. Maybe one should take the email and show it to the bank. I dont know. Here are the numbers I got from the embassy info page.(234)-1-261-5697 or (234)-1-261-5699

In case no one picks up any of the first set of numbers, try:

(234)-1-261-0050/0078/0139/0195/1414/6477 THE ABOVE NUMBERS ARE INVALID (IN MY EXPERIENCE) HOWEVER I WAS SUCCESSFUL WITH: (234) 1 460 3400

I just copied the above from the embassy info page on here.

Please let us know what they say

Love Love Love

Timeline

Hmmm that is a problem. You should probably call the embassy early tomorrow morning and see what they say because thats just ridiculous. Maybe one should take the email and show it to the bank. I dont know. Here are the numbers I got from the embassy info page.(234)-1-261-5697 or (234)-1-261-5699

In case no one picks up any of the first set of numbers, try:

(234)-1-261-0050/0078/0139/0195/1414/6477 THE ABOVE NUMBERS ARE INVALID (IN MY EXPERIENCE) HOWEVER I WAS SUCCESSFUL WITH: (234) 1 460 3400

I just copied the above from the embassy info page on here.

Please let us know what they say

My fiancee and i did call the embassy and we were told to email which we did before we even called. we got an automated reply to the email with frequently asked questions which none was relevant to ours.We will try these numbers again tomorrow.Will keep you posted on our finding.Thanks a lot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiancee and i did call the embassy and we were told to email which we did before we even called. we got an automated reply to the email with frequently asked questions which none was relevant to ours.We will try these numbers again tomorrow.Will keep you posted on our finding.Thanks a lot

Hey Tisheff and mohoganyme do keep us posted, whatever you learn will certainly help us (k1's) going through lagos next.

Timeline

Hi Mahoganyme, I did go to the bank and i was told they do not accept payment for Immigrant Visa but only Non Immigrant Visa

Rily nided to be sure that the info as contained in the packet sent from the embassy wasn't a mistake. Well, I got a call from GTB and the "so nice" lady said she's gona get back to be on Monday morn. Did u actually confirm that the process has changed??? Rily nid to be sure abt this. Culd u mail me the no @ whc u got the info?? Thx a lot. Will kip u guys posted on whatever the lady say this morning

Timeline

Hey Tisheff,

When I got the email I thought it was a mistake as well, you can read the post I created a few days ago. The same day I called the Embassy around this time at 23414603400 and the guy said yes the process has recently changed that k1s no longer bring payment to the interview but pay at the bank and schedule their own interviews like all other non-immigrant visas since the k1 is technically a non-immigrant. Hope this helps

Love Love Love

Timeline

Hey Tisheff,

When I got the email I thought it was a mistake as well, you can read the post I created a few days ago. The same day I called the Embassy around this time at 23414603400 and the guy said yes the process has recently changed that k1s no longer bring payment to the interview but pay at the bank and schedule their own interviews like all other non-immigrant visas since the k1 is technically a non-immigrant. Hope this helps

i can now make payment at the bank but does anybody have an idea the max time to be interviewed and the types of questns askd during an interview.

Timeline

Great news!From reading the reviews from other great naija VJ members interveiw can be anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. You should go to the Embassy linmk at the top, click Nigeria and go to the link that says consulate reviews which people tell their experience at the Lagos embassy and the questions they were asked and what to expect. Lagos is a tough embassy because of fraud so your fiance should be prepared. There is alot of good information on here just look around.

Love Love Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.