sarah and hicham

CASABLANCA

287 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Okay I know payment for the visa is not longer done at the consulate itself, so who knows exactly how and where payment is made? Can my fiance pay it the day before the interview? He will get a receipt right? and he brings that to the interview?

:help: Interview 5 days away!

Wow, that's news to me. I'm wondering why the Consulate doesn't take the money anymore and who you're supposed to pay? Weird!

Come on MBP we're rooting for you!

Te consulate website says any branch of BMCI (except for two in Casa) My question is does it have to be a branch in Casa or can he pay in Erfoud? AND who does he say he wants to pay? I guess the bank would know what do to? arrggghhhhh

Wow, I wish I could help you. Like I said this is news to me. They want people to pay them through the bank? How bizarre!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:wacko: Its just how I am feeling right about now!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone know if there is a way to have medical exam done early for interview in Casablanca? If so, will you provide list of approved physicians?

Thx

I think I was late filing for AOS:

07/27/07: Mailed AOS papers to Chicago mailbox.

08/02/07: AOS papers received in Chicago.

I'm hoping that this may help others in similar situations when told to wait for their call (I apologize ahead of time for the detailed/wordy post):

As some of you already know, my fiance had his interview Nov. 2nd. The CO asked him to bring more pictures. He went back the next day (Friday) to give more pictures. The man at the window said that he couldn't take them and told him to come back on Monday. He took the pictures again on Monday. Then he got a call a couple of hours later and was told that he also needed to bring emails, chats and phone records. My fiance told him that he already gave those at the interview; 300 pages in fact and the CO only asked him to bring more pictures. The man wanted to argue with him so he told the man that he would print them all again and bring them the next day. When he turned them in, he asked the man if that was everything that he needed to bring and he said yes and that he will get a call in a week for the visa.

After waiting 8 days, I kept wondering if the man at the window put it in the right folder, or if he knew what he was doing, etc. So I sent 3 emails from different addresses to Casa. No response at all. I called Casa (011-212-224-30578) and the lady transferred me immediately to a recording that said I needed to send an email. I called the DOS (202-663-1225-be sure to have your case #) to ask if his security checks have been cleared. They said that the only information they had was that the case was still pending and they asked if he showed up for his interview. :huh:

I called the DOS the next day in which they told me Casa is waiting for more proof of the relationship! Another call to Casa and when the lady answered the phone and she wanted to transfer me again to the recording I told her (quite firmly) please, I need to talk to someone! After finally telling her it had been 2 weeks since I sent my last email (ok-so it was only 2 days) and I got no response, she said to please hold. Another lady got on the phone, I explained everything, after being put on hold again, she said ok, yes we do have everything and we don't need any more proof. Everything is ok. We need to do some more AP and we will call him the middle of next week for the visa. I asked is this for the security checks? She said yes and we should have those shortly and he will get a call from them to come for the visa-it may be toward the end of next week.

I believe that his file was just sitting on someone's desk and who knows how long it would have sat there if I hadn't called.

I wish for all of you a short, speedy and successful end with this consulate.

When you call DOS, which case number are you supposed to give them? The case number from the NOA2?

Cute Is What We Aim For.

When you call DOS, which case number are you supposed to give them? The case number from the NOA2?

Use the case number assigned by NVC. This begins with the counsulate abbreiviation (csb######## for example for Casa).

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Use the case number assigned by NVC. This begins with the counsulate abbreiviation (csb######## for example for Casa).

1111111.doc

Jamie loves Mona forever.

.png

ticker.png

9/2/2005 Met online.

7/21/2006 Together in Morocco for 10 days.

9/16/2006 Mailed I-129F

9/27/2006 NOA1.

10/1/2006 Touched.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
somone can explaine for me this please

That's the standard document that Casablanca issues to tell you that you will be contacted to get your visa as soon as they finish security checks. It's good news! Checks can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. I hope it goes quickly for you! Congratulations!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu soooomuch thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuu

Disclaimer: It's not us! :no: But it's our friends, so we're happy! :dance:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

What do you do about going through Germany when you fly with Lufthansa? I know they usually stop in Frankfurt from Casa, and you have to change planes there for your flight to the US. Is that allowed? Will they allow you to get on your connecting flight if you don't have a visa or anything for Germany?

Cute Is What We Aim For.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.