REM4ever

Need more evidence of relationship

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee interview was today for a K-1 visa at the embassy in Ghana. They did not deny it but told him to come back for a second interview on April 23. Here is the background history. I am 7 years older than him and my previous ex husband was from the same country. Is this the reason for all this hesitation? I have known my fiances 2010. I visted him in March 2012 and we got engaged. I turned in call logs, text message, emails, FB chats, pictures from the trip, holiday and birthday cards we have sent. The intervier's questions were how long has my fiance known me, am I an US citizen, was I married before, does he know my ex-husband's name,where is my ex husband from, does my ex-husband still in the states, did I file a petition for him and then the guy said he was not satifised with the evidence and told him to come back. My fiancee asked what else was needed, but the guy did not respond and just left. All the information about my previous relationship was clearly stated on the petition, so I do not undertand why it is a big deal now. Can anyone provide any guidance?

Edited by REM4ever

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Let hope he will get it on his next interview. but let him know everything about you and your ex husband as they asked. send him copy of the petition you sent to them. Everything will be okay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancee interview was today for a K-1 visa at the embassy in Ghana. They did not deny it but told him to come back for a second interview on April 23. Here is the background history. I am 7 years older than him and my previous ex husband was from the same country. Is this the reason for all this hesitation? I have known my fiances 2010. I visted him in March 2012 and we got engaged. I turned in call logs, text message, emails, FB chats, pictures from the trip, holiday and birthday cards we have sent. The intervier's questions were how long has my fiance known me, am I an US citizen, was I married before, does he know my ex-husband's name,where is my ex husband from, does my ex-husband still in the states, did I file a petition for him and then the guy said he was not satifised with the evidence and told him to come back. My fiancee asked what else was needed, but the guy did not respond and just left. All the information about my previous relationship was clearly stated on the petition, so I do not undertand why it is a big deal now. Can anyone provide any guidance?

Another thing you could do is write a letter explaining that you have both discussed past relationships with each other including your previous ex husband.. his name where he was from etc. And that past relationships are not an issue between you both. You should take this letter to the interview signed by you, and get it notarized by a public notary. Also Get your fiancee to sign a copy of the letter, and get it notarized by a public notary in his country (local court house or a legal service should be able to do this). Also get affidavits (letters stating proof of your relationship) off friends and family who have seen you both together as a couple, as they can validate your relationship. They should write about when you introduced your fiancee to them and include anything they have done/ attended with you together, such as family dinners together, celebrations, etc. For example, we went out for pizza with my fiancee`s friends. We also had dinner with my fiancee`s parents many times and my fiancee`s parents validated this for us. Make sure you get these affidavits signed and dates by whoever writes them (friends, family etc.), and get them to get the affidavits notarized. They will sign the affidavit they have written, in front of the public notary. This also applies to the letter from you and your fiancee about discussing past relationships. You always sign the affidavit you have written, in front of the public notary. As the public notary will require to do so, so they have proof that it is your signature. Then send these to your fiancee ready for him to take along to his next interview. You could also add photos dated and signed on the back if you have any, that support the affidavits from friends/ family.

I have attached a template for the affidavit of friends/ family. You can word it however you like, to suit your situation. Also use it as a reference to write up your discussing past relationships affidavits of you and your fiancee. Just re word it regarding your mutual knowledge of your past relationships and sign it in front of a public notary.

affidavit (1) example.doc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Another thing you could do is write a letter explaining that you have both discussed past relationships with each other including your previous ex husband.. his name where he was from etc. And that past relationships are not an issue between you both. You should take this letter to the interview signed by you, and get it notarized by a public notary. Also Get your fiancee to sign a copy of the letter, and get it notarized by a public notary in his country (local court house or a legal service should be able to do this). Also get affidavits (letters stating proof of your relationship) off friends and family who have seen you both together as a couple, as they can validate your relationship. They should write about when you introduced your fiancee to them and include anything they have done/ attended with you together, such as family dinners together, celebrations, etc. For example, we went out for pizza with my fiancee`s friends. We also had dinner with my fiancee`s parents many times and my fiancee`s parents validated this for us. Make sure you get these affidavits signed and dates by whoever writes them (friends, family etc.), and get them to get the affidavits notarized. They will sign the affidavit they have written, in front of the public notary. This also applies to the letter from you and your fiancee about discussing past relationships. You always sign the affidavit you have written, in front of the public notary. As the public notary will require to do so, so they have proof that it is your signature. Then send these to your fiancee ready for him to take along to his next interview. You could also add photos dated and signed on the back if you have any, that support the affidavits from friends/ family.

I have attached a template for the affidavit of friends/ family. You can word it however you like, to suit your situation. Also use it as a reference to write up your discussing past relationships affidavits of you and your fiancee. Just re word it regarding your mutual knowledge of your past relationships and sign it in front of a public notary.

Also make photocopies of these affidavits once notarized and take these to the interview at the embassy, as you can give them the photocopies and show them the originals too. This means that you would probably get to keep the originals for future reference. But you will obviously need to show the originals at the interview to prove they are genuine and valid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.