AISMAEL

K1 Visa application approval

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys. I understand that this post is going to be very discouraging for some. At the same time, I feel that my experience thus far needs to be shared. Maybe it will give some hope??

I applied for a K1 Visa for my fiance in Haiti. It was mailed on February 11th 2013, and then we recieved our NOA1 on February 20th, 2013. We just recieved our NOA2, stating that our application was approved on March 11, 2013.

I do not know why we have been so blessed. I feel unworthy of this fast pace, when I know there are so many others out there that have been waiting so long to be be with thier loved one!! Praying the interview goes as smoothly....this can't be real!!!

Edited by AISMAEL

Andrea & Ismael

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. I understand that this post is going to be very discouraging for some. At the same time, I feel that my experience thus far needs to be shared. Maybe it will give some hope??

I applied for a K1 Visa for my fiance in Haiti. It was mailed on February 11th 2013, and then we recieved our NOA1 on February 20th, 2013. We just recieved our NOA2, stating that our application was approved on March 11, 2013.

I do not know why we have been so blessed. I feel unworthy of this fast pace, when I know there are so many others out there that have been waiting so long to be be with thier loved one!! Praying the interview goes as smoothly....this can't be real!!!

Congratulations for your NOA2...We are September filer but still waiting for NOA2. I know we will get our NOA2 soon...patiently waiting..and i know what god's plan for us....good luck for the rest of your journey...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I believe all Haiti applications sent to CSC are automatically expidited, due to the earthquake a few years ago. Look at the timeline for others from Haiti and you will see this common.

Congrats on your NOA2!

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

I believe all Haiti applications sent to CSC are automatically expidited, due to the earthquake a few years ago. Look at the timeline for others from Haiti and you will see this common.

Congrats on your NOA2!

Thank you, praying that yours comes so super soon~

Congratulations for your NOA2...We are September filer but still waiting for NOA2. I know we will get our NOA2 soon...patiently waiting..and i know what god's plan for us....good luck for the rest of your journey...

Yes, God has a plan. And HIS timing is not OUR timing. Good luck to you. I hope it comes so soon for you guys!

Andrea & Ismael

Haiti. Auto-expedite. I'm surprised it was only 19 days, but I'd expect to see Haiti cases done in a very short space of time anyway. Congrats.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

It's a shame my fiancée isn't Haitian. 235 days and counting here. It's hard not to be filled with anger and envy.

Oh, I bet. I keep telling my sweetie that we don't deserve it!! Seriously, i was expecting 8 months... YOU WILL GET THERE!!!

We are happy for the both of you, all the best with the medical and interview.

Thank you!

Congratulations :-) and good luck with the rest of the journey !!!

Thanks, and to you too!

Haiti. Auto-expedite. I'm surprised it was only 19 days, but I'd expect to see Haiti cases done in a very short space of time anyway. Congrats.

I had no idea that it would be expedited...now for the interview... yikes

Andrea & Ismael

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

happy for u :star: ,really not jealous about u, only want our's and all of others that really suffering from this separated living life could have a reasonable or just average wait time. :innocent:

Timeline

Congratulations! (However, Haitian visas are NOT expedited- waiting 8 months for ours). But- so very happy for you! All the best!

Thanks! I am praying that someone didn't make a big mistake...Good luck to you guys, your time certainly must be right around the corner!

happy for u :star: ,really not jealous about u, only want our's and all of others that really suffering from this separated living life could have a reasonable or just average wait time. :innocent:

I totally agree. That wait is just toooooo long.

Andrea & Ismael

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.