JAIROS12

Visa Application Cancelled for lack of communication with consulate.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, My wife had an interview scheduled in Juarez in March of 2012. We were not able to go to that appointment. I called the appointments number and was told that we could miss the interview and that we had one year to reschedule another interview. I called in January 2013 to make the new appointment for March 2013.

I was told that it was too soon to make the bios appointment so I would need to call back the first week of

February 2013. I did call on February 4th 2013 and we were given an appointment for March 27th 2013 for a visa interview at the consulate. On March 9th 2013 I recieved a letter from the consulate saying that my wifes application has been cancelled due to no communication with the consulate for a long period of time.

What do we do now? I did call the appointment number and rescheduled within the year. I was told by the person at the appointment number that I would need to write a letter and explain why we did not go to the first interview and ask the consulate to reopen the application. I was given a fax number to send the letter.

011-52-656-611-8019. Ofcourse I have attempted to fax this letter many times and I get a communication error!

Does anyone know of a number I can call directly to the consulate and who should I talk to about this at the consulate? We are scheduled to leave for Juarez in two weeks and we aren't sure what to do.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Filed: Timeline

Did you get any confirmation letter or notice that the consulate have rescheduled your wife's interview appointment to March 27th, 2013?

Why didn't you try emailing your explanation of no-show letter in addition to faxing it?

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Did you get any confirmation letter or notice that the consulate have rescheduled your wife's interview appointment to March 27th, 2013?

Why didn't you try emailing your explanation of no-show letter in addition to faxing it?

I did recieve an e-mail for the interview and bios apppointments confirming the appointments.The only e-mail address I can find for the consulate is under the public inquiry and it says that they will respond in 10 to 15 days. We will need to be in Juarez about the same time. I was told by the operator at the appointment number that the interview and bios appointments for my wife are still scheduled. Unsure what to do next.

Thanks for responding.

Filed: Timeline

I did recieve an e-mail for the interview and bios apppointments confirming the appointments.The only e-mail address I can find for the consulate is under the public inquiry and it says that they will respond in 10 to 15 days. We will need to be in Juarez about the same time. I was told by the operator at the appointment number that the interview and bios appointments for my wife are still scheduled. Unsure what to do next.

Thanks for responding.

So print the confirmation email and bios appointment and send to the consulate telling them they(consulate) agreed and rescheduled your appointment to March 27, 2013. You can even email this info and put your case# in the email subject line. Hopefully your email can be directed to the IV section. Don't be surprised if one office in the IV section does NOT know what the other office is doing pertaining to your case(it happens).

Describe specific details of your case in the email timeline. Make this short and to the point. While at the same time, try calling the consulate to get this resolved. Sorry I don't have any contact # for you. If you have proof they agreed to reschedule your interview, then they should not turn around and send you a letter "cancelling your wife's application for no communication". Make sure you resolve this issue before leaving for Juarez.

Edited by Boggy1974

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

So print the confirmation email and bios appointment and send to the consulate telling them they(consulate) agreed and rescheduled your appointment to March 27, 2013. You can even email this info and put your case# in the email subject line. Hopefully your email can be directed to the IV section. Don't be surprised if one office in the IV section does NOT know what the other office is doing pertaining to your case(it happens).

Describe specific details of your case in the email timeline. Make this short and to the point. While at the same time, try calling the consulate to get this resolved. Sorry I don't have any contact # for you. If you have proof they agreed to reschedule your interview, then they should not turn around and send you a letter "cancelling your wife's application for no communication". Make sure you resolve this issue before leaving for Juarez.

Update: After calling the appointment/information line several times and asking the staff how I could resolve this issue and continue with my wife's case,I was told by two different people that there was only one fax number that I could fax a letter to the consulate requesting that they reopen the case. I was told by the third person that there were two more fax numbers so he gave me two more numbers. He confirmed that the only way to communicate with the consulate was through faxing a letter then I would have to wait up to six weeks for them to send me a letter in the mail. I had found online the public forum e-mail site and had sent my request through that also. Thinking that the public forum was a waste of time. Four days later I recieved an e-mail from the consulate saying that my wife could continue with her interview as scheduled and we could ignore the cancellation notice. It also stated that sending request via mail or fax would delay any response.

I hope this will help anyone else that needs to communicate directly with the consulate. Don't fax or send a letter..

use the public forum e-mail that you can find on the consulate website.

Very disgusted with the staff at the call center. Can't understand why they would have given me such wrong information.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife went for her interview in Juarez on Wednesday 03/27/13. We first went Tues. for her medical and were turned away because we didn't have a cover letter for the appointments. We had to wait in line at the consulate information window to get the cover letter printed. We returned to the medical and went ahead of the line without waiting. Then off to the finger prints and then Wed. the interview. She was in the consulate for three hours and came out with the blue letter saying she needs the I-601 waiver approval and then she will get her visa. The interveiw was about three minutes long.

Simple questions and no trying to trick her into answering wrong about anything. She said that the officer was very

nice to her and wished her luck with the I-601.

Off next week to the lawyer to file the I-601 form and hoping it is approved soon.

I have no medical problems to add in my hardship letter so if anyone has any good ideas of other important issues that I can use in my letter, please let me know.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.