nicefuture

Where to find OF-167?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

:blush: Dear VJ friends,

I have read a lot about OF-167, but couldn't find a sample form. Could any body let me know where to download the form? Does that need to be filled out by the US citizen? If so, why we also need I-134? Thank you for your reply.

Timeline:

NOA1 Aug 22

NOA2 Nov 8

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OF-167 (Evidence Which May be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law.)is a consular form that can vary from country to country, typically it indicates to the beneficiary what they are looking for with regard to the affidavit of support (I-134) In the case of China which I am familiar it has nothing to fill out, it is just an instruction sheet.

Since your profile lacks any data like Immigration status, Beneficiary's country, time line, service center. I cannot give you a more specific answer.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

nicefuture,

Google?

As YuAndDan write, OF-167, aka DS-2000, is an instructional form that can vary slightly from consulate to consulate. The variation that you seem to be thinking of is a signed statement by the sponsor acknowledging that they understand their obligation as a sponsor - some consulate make this statement a part of OF-167 or DS-2000, other consulates give this statement a different designation, other consulates don't require the statement.

Yodrak

Dear VJ friends,

I have read a lot about OF-167, but couldn't find a sample form. Could any body let me know where to download the form? .....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It depends on what consulate you are going through. :time: If you're going through the Vancouver consulate, I've posted a copy of the Vancouver OF-167 a few days ago in a similar thread in this forum. Just search back a page or two and you should find it.

I can only speak for the Vancouver OF-167, but the USC does have to sign it and it is to be attached to the I-134. The reason you have to do the I-134 is because the OF-167 is just a sheet saying that the non-USC won't go on social assistance and I-134 is to prove that the USC has sufficient resources to support them. The OF-167 only needs to be signed, whereas the I-134 requires information and evidence to be provided.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.