madtownguy

marriage consent

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

Does anyone understand how this consent form is done? Is there something similar to a notary that needs to witness this in Philippines? Maybe with a k1 visa it is not necessary? My fiance is asking what she needs to do with this and I don't really have an idea. She is 20.

The instructions are on the form. She needs to follow the instructions, they are explicit. She needs to go down to the Civil Registrars office with one of the persons listed on the form and they will need to bring identification.

Timeline

http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

Does anyone understand how this consent form is done? Is there something similar to a notary that needs to witness this in Philippines? Maybe with a k1 visa it is not necessary? My fiance is asking what she needs to do with this and I don't really have an idea. She is 20.

Hi! last week I got parent consent too, any notary public do that. No specific format is required notary public know what to do. Make sure she has her parents/guardian with her and tell them to bring ID.

By the way, when I had my CFO they didnt ask for it. But better to be ready :thumbs::dance:

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

It's basically a permission form the Commission on Filipino's Overseas (CFO) MIGHT ask for from your Fiancee when she goes to do her departure seminar. When my Fiancee went in January, they did not ask for it. But she should be prepared just in case. It has nothing to do with the US Immigration Visa. She will need the CFO stamp to leave the country. To get the stamp she needs to attend this seminar.

Anyway, it's better to be prepared just in case. So here's what you all need to know about it. Every Municipal Office should have Parental Consent forms because it is a requirement to be married in the Philippines. Simply have her go to her Municipal Office with her parents (bring IDs), fill out the form, all sign in front of the officer, and they will notarize it on the spot. Pay and go.

Parental Consent is required for those aged 21 and below. Those aged 21-25 require Parental Advice. Although I cannot confirm it, I think they are no longer asking for these because CFO does the seminars now and no longer outsource it to the PRISM group. I could be wrong.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just tell your GF to go to the Local Civil Registrar's (LCR) office in their municipal hall (munisipyo) and tell whoever is in charge that she wants to file a Parental Consent form because she's getting married abroad (via fiancee visa) and it's a requirement for her Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar at CFO. Bring her parent/s with her. Her parent/s should have a valid ID and GF should bring her NSO birth certificate and latest CENOMAR.

The LCR already has a form for the Parental Consent. All they need to do is fill it up and have it notarized by a Notary Public. In the municipal hall there are lots of notary publics there, she won't have a hard time locating one. Notary would probably cost around 150-200 pesos.

Timeline

My wife, fiancee at that time, was asked at the CFO for her consent form. We had it signed at her local city hall in her province. She brough mom and a copy of moms ID, but they didn't let mom in and they didn't look at the copy of the ID.

But, Other cases they have so be prepared... Have both parents if still alive sign at the city hall and make copies of any ID they each have. Good luck..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.