10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have been waiting almost 10 days for N-400 interview letter since my case status was updated to case scheduled for interview( before it was in-line interview). I suppose to received in 2 or 3 days this interview letter but I haven't. Should I make a info pass appointment or not? Please heeeelp. I live in Long Island ,NY.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have been waiting almost 10 days for N-400 interview letter since my case status was updated to case scheduled for interview( before it was in-line interview). I suppose to received in 2 or 3 days this interview letter but I haven't. Should I make a info pass appointment or not? Please heeeelp. I live in Long Island ,NY.

Usually the interview is about 5 weeks away from the date of status change. If i were you, i would go for an infopass. At least if they insist you wait for a re-print of the interview letter, you'll still have time to receive it prior to the interview.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

How about waiting 13 months for that AOS interview, or 16 months before those damned ten year cards came here having to chase around to get those I-551 stamps. At least with those ten year cards, was kind of free for the next ten years. During those 29 months total, didn't know if I was going to keep my family or not! Those were very tense times for us.

We debated a bit before applying for US citizenship, what the hell, let's get this over with once and for all. Its another commitment where you have to base your life on keeping three more appointments. Tried our best not to camp out at the mail box waiting for those letters, that can drive you nuts. Was told at first would take another year, but was done in a very short USCIS time wise, 5 months, oh my gosh, have to study for that civics tests and rearrange our entire life schedule.

You certainly must have another life besides the USCIS, try and live that a little. If you can.

Timeline

How about waiting 13 months for that AOS interview, or 16 months before those damned ten year cards came here having to chase around to get those I-551 stamps. At least with those ten year cards, was kind of free for the next ten years. During those 29 months total, didn't know if I was going to keep my family or not! Those were very tense times for us.

We debated a bit before applying for US citizenship, what the hell, let's get this over with once and for all. Its another commitment where you have to base your life on keeping three more appointments. Tried our best not to camp out at the mail box waiting for those letters, that can drive you nuts. Was told at first would take another year, but was done in a very short USCIS time wise, 5 months, oh my gosh, have to study for that civics tests and rearrange our entire life schedule.

You certainly must have another life besides the USCIS, try and live that a little.

Edited by Newyorkboy04

Timeline

I am waiting 11 days for that same letter to come. I am sure info pass will not get anywhere either, they will probably say you have to wait for 30 days first and you are still within the time frame

Thank you so much for the reply.

Timeline

Thank you so much for the reply.

12/07/2012: sent N400 Tx

12/09/2012: package received

12/13/2013 check cashed

12/27/2012 notice of action received FP appointment

12/19/2012 early FP done( 12/27/2012 was real date FP appointment)

1/8/2013 In-line interview received e-mail and txt

2/22/2013 schedule interview e-mail received and today is 3/4/2013 and I haven't received interview letter yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi,

Today (3/4/2013), I received interview letter (scheduled on 04/01/2013 at Los Angeles DO).

Hope you receive yours.

On 2/25/2013, I received online notification that an interview was scheduled.

Good luck!

Edited by LA-N400

GC Since Feb 16, 2008
DO Los Angeles, CA
11/23/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11/26/12: N-400 delivered
11/30/12: NOA received
12/03/12: FP notice recvd (FP scheduled on 12/13/2012)
12/13/12: FP done
01/16/13: In line for interview scheduling
01/28/13: YL received
02/25/13: Interview scheduled
03/04/13: IL Recvd.(Interview on 04/01/13)
04/01/13: Interview (Recommended for approval)
04/05/13: Oath Ceremony scheduled
04/10/13: Oath Letter received-Oath Ceremony scheduled on 04/16/2013, 1.03pm at LA Convention Center
04/16/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"

04/18/13: Applied passport-regular & overnight delivery

05/06/13: Passport received.

05/09/13: Naturalization Certificate & Name Change Petition received.

05/10/13: SSN update status and changed Name for new SSN card

05/20/13: DMV- replace Driver License with new name

Timeline

Hi,

Today (3/4/2013), I received interview letter (scheduled on 04/01/2013 at Los Angeles DO).

Hope you receive yours.

On 2/25/2013, I received online notification that an interview was scheduled.

Good luck!

I just got my interview letter 3/4/2013 and interview scheduled on 4/2/2013 Long Island ,NY.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My question was, did they ever receive our application, and did someone bother to open the package and even look at it. Or was it lost in transit.

Did that by sending a personal check and checking my online bank account, would even print the receipt number on the check, could print it out and save that as proof they received our application.

Would type that number in here.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do;jsessionid=bacnKxybjUaCdc2yzK60t

Then check it every couple of days or so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.