Mikeylla

Traffic Tickets filing for n400?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Nope I don't think I'll get RFE'd, and if I do it's not a big deal anyway because I have plenty of evidence to send. There's no point in them RFE'ing me because I'll be taking all that to the interview anyway. You can include more if you like, but lots and lots of people on here sent exactly what I posted without RFE. Plus I just filed ROC a year ago, aside from accumulating more bills nothing has really changed.

No anything under $500 and not DUI related you do not have to disclose. This was the answer I got from calling up the INS as well as my IO during the interview when asked if I had ever been to court. I did say I went to court for a speeding ticket (since in that county all speeding tickets were mandatory court appearances). He then just asked me about the fine if if it was DUI related.

I asked him if I was supposed to disclose that on the N-400 since when I called the INS told me no I did not. He verified what the INS on the phone told me and said, unless there was a DUI or it was over $500 you do NOT have to disclose it and I was fine for not doing so.

So there are many topics on here about this already...

When was your case processed? In other words, we can check No on that question if it's under $500, correct?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No anything under $500 and not DUI related you do not have to disclose. This was the answer I got from calling up the INS as well as my IO during the interview when asked if I had ever been to court. I did say I went to court for a speeding ticket (since in that county all speeding tickets were mandatory court appearances). He then just asked me about the fine if if it was DUI related.

I asked him if I was supposed to disclose that on the N-400 since when I called the INS told me no I did not. He verified what the INS on the phone told me and said, unless there was a DUI or it was over $500 you do NOT have to disclose it and I was fine for not doing so.

So there are many topics on here about this already...

Apparently, you were lucky enough to have an IO that is capable of reading their own instruction sheets.

Some mark the form, show the docs, officer changes it. Basically a speeding ticket/traffic infringement isn't a big deal as long as it's less than $500 fine and didn't involve alcohol or drugs.

I marked "yes" on the application and i just ordered my driving records by mail (certified) from dmv, do you think its enough evidence if they asked for it to show that i paid the fines? some people said,. every interviewer is different they might or might not asked for the documents but what if they ask for proof like receipt the thing is my problem of where to get it. :/ thank you by the way :)

Edited by Mikeylla

Filed: Timeline

I marked "yes" on the application and i just ordered my driving records by mail (certified) from dmv, do you think its enough evidence if they asked for it to show that i paid the fines? some people said,. every interviewer is different they might or might not asked for the documents but what if they ask for proof like receipt the thing is my problem of where to get it. :/ thank you by the way :)

I called the court and they said I can stop by and pick up the receipt, it costs 1$, but I am not sure about your state. How did you get the DMV record is it online?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I called the court and they said I can stop by and pick up the receipt, it costs1$$1, but I am not sure about your state. How did you get the DMV record is it online?

I had to go in in person, pay for it (forget the price) and it was mailed out to me (I needed it for a job).

However for the court record, you should just be able to go in person.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.