ShannonSayed

Administrative Processing? Go to your local Congress!

38 posts in this topic

You ask one question at a time

Ask... Am I in mandatory ap... If they say yes then you know it is fbi checks. If they say just administrative processing you ask is it internal. That means the co is doing the investigation, background check or reviewing documents

well i called DOS today. operator was a lady and she was soooo nice :D so i asked her about my husband case and she said its n AP and then i asked is it mandatory? she said yes but when i asked her again so its not in internal AP? than she said there r no differences between internal or mandatory because they all are same processes.(dont know why they r keep telling me this):(:unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, you asked the first question right.

So you are in Mandatory AP

Next time ask

"Is it Mandatory or at the embassy level?" and see what they say

Ask them are they actively working on his case? (sometimes it is just sitting on a desk waiting for a next step)

Ask them when the last time it had any updates

Good luck

and remember not everyone will answer you or be nice

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Well, you asked the first question right.

So you are in Mandatory AP

Next time ask

"Is it Mandatory or at the embassy level?" and see what they say

Ask them are they actively working on his case? (sometimes it is just sitting on a desk waiting for a next step)

Ask them when the last time it had any updates

Good luck

and remember not everyone will answer you or be nice

Hi "together4never13"

first i want to thank you so much for ur help. I really appreciate it :D

so i called DOS today and found out that my husband's case is still pending/processing AP and its at embassy level. so is that a bad news?? he has a common Muslim name. so do u think maybe that's why its taking long time to finish his AP? :(:crying:

Edited by tulip07

Timeline

Abdul is one of the names with the longest APs due to the 911 terrorists. One of the leaders was Abdul..One was Waleed.Ahmed..Saeed..Khaled..and MANY others--like 19. So all those names get AP and some take a loooong time.

If it is at the counselor level then it usually means they are doing document verification, possibly home visit investigation and they also can do some light background checking.

Both AP and AR can be short or long. When they say it is under counselor review, many people have said that they get the visa within 1-2 months and sometimes a couple weeks.

Also, you need to know that right now it may be in AR but when that finishes it may go to AP and then back to AR. There is no rhyme or reason.

Some names just take a long time. I hope you are close to done because you have waited so long already but I believe you will need to have alot more patience....I hope I am wrong

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Hi "together4never13"

first i want to thank you so much for ur help. I really appreciate it :D

so i called DOS today and found out that my husband's case is still pending/processing AP and its at embassy level. so is that a bad news?? he has a common Muslim name. so do u think maybe that's why its taking long time to finish his AP? :(:crying:

What country was he born in? What country are his parents from? Did he travel to many countries?

Also, please tell me you have your congressman involved. It will help your case from sitting without being touched. Everytime thecongressman inquires then they have to locate the file and give an explanation of the wait. It may be the same answer you are getting but at least they will know someone else besides you cares about your case.

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

well he is originally from Bangladesh. so far he went to Italy, Switzerland, France and on 2009 he went to Bangladesh to meet with his family. Few weeks ago i talked to our state senator office and they told me that his case is under AP now. So there is nothing much they can do but if i don't here anything from the embassy withing 90 days than i can contact with the senator office again. :( so i guess that wasn't a big help :(

really don't know what else to do now.

he submitted his passport on Jan 03, 2013 and its been already more than 2 months.

I checked his AP case status and there is no update since March 12, 2013. :crying:

what should i do? should i involve another congressmen for his case?

Timeline

well he is originally from Bangladesh. so far he went to Italy, Switzerland, France and on 2009 he went to Bangladesh to meet with his family. Few weeks ago i talked to our state senator office and they told me that his case is under AP now. So there is nothing much they can do but if i don't here anything from the embassy withing 90 days than i can contact with the senator office again. :( so i guess that wasn't a big help :(

really don't know what else to do now.

he submitted his passport on Jan 03, 2013 and its been already more than 2 months.

I checked his AP case status and there is no update since March 12, 2013. :crying:

what should i do? should i involve another congressmen for his case?

Involve a senator this time (or congressman-whichever you have not used)

Ask them to perform a Senatorial/Congressional Inquiry to assist you in obtaining information about your case. And to forward you the DOS or embassy response.

Give them the basic facts. They do not care about your sob story. They just want to know that you are a registered voter. He is in Administrative Processing and you are unable to obtain information and would appreciate his help.

interview on xxxxx

case number CROxxxxxxxx

your name

beneficiarys name

Give them your email and phone number

and say your help is very much appreciated

Thank you

Edited by together4never13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Members of congress can do absolutely nothing about AP; contacting them about it is pointless.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Involve a senator this time (or congressman-whichever you have not used)

Ask them to perform a Senatorial/Congressional Inquiry to assist you in obtaining information about your case. And to forward you the DOS or embassy response.

Give them the basic facts. They do not care about your sob story. They just want to know that you are a registered voter. He is in Administrative Processing and you are unable to obtain information and would appreciate his help.

interview on xxxxx

case number CROxxxxxxxx

your name

beneficiarys name

Give them your email and phone number

and say your help is very much appreciated

Thank you

ok so i contact with our congressmen and received authorization form again and i am planning to write a letter containing just some info about what we did so far. now do i need to mention n the letter about what senator told us? what else i should ask them to find out about his AP?

thank you again you are a great help :D

Timeline

do not say anything about senators.

Do not give much info

Say my husband had an intetview in egypt and he has been in administrative processing since. I am unable to get further info. I would appreciate a congressional inquiry from you on my behalf. Please forward me their response. Case numbers. Both names. Yout phone number. Your email and thank you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Thank you again for your help

I faxed the information today. so hopefully soon i will hear something.

one question for you

they updated his case status 2 times this week. is that a good sign?? :D

Timeline

You will see a date changed everytime you call or they answer emails or congress inquiry. But if you see it status changing rapidly then its a great sign

May 24, 2011 NOA1

You will see a date changed everytime you call or they answer emails or congress inquiry. But if you see it status changing rapidly then its a great sign

sorryy i wrote it wrong.. i saw date have changed.. not his status..

darn status is still n AP :crying:

Lucky one. Congrats!

yaaaaaaaa i wishhh :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER IMMIGRATION HAVE ACCESS TO FACEBOOK AND EMAIL ACCOUNT OF PETITIONERS AND BENEFICIARIES? I WAS TOLD THEY DO ACCESS IF THEY FEEL THE NEED TO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.