Miguelina

G-325A Form for K1-Visa: Include Education?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have read the example and all of the direction but this is not addressed. In the G-325A form that the beneficiary and the citizen each complete, do you also include education under the employment section? Occupation would be student. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have read the example and all of the direction but this is not addressed. In the G-325A form that the beneficiary and the citizen each complete, do you also include education under the employment section? Occupation would be student. Thanks in advance!

No. If you were away at school you COULD include your school address under the places of residence but being a student is not employment. IF you maintained your home state residence during school then you would not have to ist the school address

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

If the foreign beneficiary went to school outside their home country (for example, our son went to college in Moscow) then they would need a police certificate from that country for the visa interview, but NOT for the petition.

Our son needed a po;ice certificate from both Russia and Ukraine for his interview.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks for the info. So to confirm, for the interview, will he (the beneficiary) AND I need to provide police clearance reports for all countries we have lived in for more than 1 year? Or is it just him? So the beneficiary here is a Nigeria resident who currently attends school in Ukraine, but also attended school in Egypt where we first met. So, he will obtain a police clearances for all 3 countries since he has lived in each of them for more than 1 year. But what about me (the US citizen)? Do I need to obtain any police clearance reports?

In terms of the employment, because he never worked in these countries, he should not include his schooling under employment. (Weird how it is different when you fill in your customs form when entering the US-ugh).

Timeline

Also, we are having problems remembering the addresses where we lived in the past 5 years - i.e. "Plot 237 in .....". For example, i lived in Egypt for 3 months, but lived in 2 different residences - but never received postal mail there. I have honestly no idea of the stree of the first place as it was only for 1 month. On my tax forms, I am stated as saying that i lived at my US address during this time. Therefore, do i really need to put my Egypt addresses? Same with the beneficiary. we can't remember for the life of us the address of his apartment in Egypt. can we just put the section of the city, or do we really need to complete the house number?

Timeline

Thanks for the info. So to confirm, for the interview, will he (the beneficiary) AND I need to provide police clearance reports for all countries we have lived in for more than 1 year? Or is it just him? So the beneficiary here is a Nigeria resident who currently attends school in Ukraine, but also attended school in Egypt where we first met. So, he will obtain a police clearances for all 3 countries since he has lived in each of them for more than 1 year. But what about me (the US citizen)? Do I need to obtain any police clearance reports?

In terms of the employment, because he never worked in these countries, he should not include his schooling under employment. (Weird how it is different when you fill in your customs form when entering the US-ugh).

ONLY the foreign beneficiary needs police certificates. US citizen does NOT need them

Education is not employment and does not have to be listed. His address in those countries should be listed as a residence.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Also, we are having problems remembering the addresses where we lived in the past 5 years - i.e. "Plot 237 in .....". For example, i lived in Egypt for 3 months, but lived in 2 different residences - but never received postal mail there. I have honestly no idea of the stree of the first place as it was only for 1 month. On my tax forms, I am stated as saying that i lived at my US address during this time. Therefore, do i really need to put my Egypt addresses? Same with the beneficiary. we can't remember for the life of us the address of his apartment in Egypt. can we just put the section of the city, or do we really need to complete the house number?

YES you need to list the Egypt addresses. Do the best you can... and city and province or country is sufficient. It is only for the last 5 years. USCIS is not the IRS. Your "official" US address for tax purposes is not where you were "residing"

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.