druebey

disabled by military service...

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Someone will come along who can better answer your question. But I just want to say, as the sister of a US Marine currently deployed, that I sympathize greatly with your medical issues. I hope the VA is giving you adequate care. And I hope you are successful in your petition for your fiancee.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Timeline

Someone will come along who can better answer your question. But I just want to say, as the sister of a US Marine currently deployed, that I sympathize greatly for your medical issues. I hope the VA is giving you adequate care. And I hope you are successful in your petition for your fiance.

My medical records are missing and thus was denied from having anything from the VA... getting a letter off to the IGN ASAP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

i am disabled from military service with a TBI, if you dont know what that is please allow me the courtacy to explain... i am wondering if that would quailify for the extreme hardship, would it?

On what grounds? How does the TBI affect you in a way that means you need your fiance/e here sooner? How recent is the injury?

On what grounds? How does the TBI affect you in a way that means you need your fiance/e here sooner? How recent is the injury?

yes it does affect me that i do need her sooner, and the injury is 5/07/2011. a TBI is a Tramatic brain Injury...

Timeline

yes it does affect me that i do need her sooner, and the injury is 5/07/2011. a TBI is a Tramatic brain Injury...

I know what a TBI is. HOW does it affect you in a manner to need her here sooner?

The injury is not recent, therefore it's not an immediate issue. Unlikely to be expedited based on that (medical expedite) unless you can show how she NEEDS to be here sooner because of the injury and why.

I know what a TBI is. HOW does it affect you in a manner to need her here sooner?

The injury is not recent, therefore it's not an immediate issue. Unlikely to be expedited based on that (medical expedite) unless you can show how she NEEDS to be here sooner because of the injury and why.

rehab, day to day living is affected, etc... i have documentation that shows to this affect... i am not asking about a medical expedite im asking if it quailifies

Timeline

likely hood i die in next 7 years with my type of injury is high

Okay, so you're going to try a medical expedite then? See I'm not sure that's emergent enough because it's not a "now" issue but it doesn't hurt to try.

Timeline

rehab, day to day living is affected, etc... i have documentation that shows to this affect... i am not asking about a medical expedite im asking if it quailifies

It might not, but you don't hurt anything to try. You'll need to explain why you need her here now in your application.

Timeline

hardship qual not expedite

Hardship = expedite.

What are you talking about then? You don't want her case sped up but you want special treatment for something, what do you want? No fees?

Hardship = expedite.

What are you talking about then? You don't want her case sped up but you want special treatment for something, what do you want? No fees?

no no no, extreme hardship for not meeting, you really didnt read anything did you, two ways of not needing to meet in person.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.