KaryL

Proof of Relationship

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My fiancee and I just starting the visa process and are having trouble finding ways to prove our relationship. I have pictures, but not really anything else. We've been together for about 2 years; we live together but don't have a lease. Since starting to date, we haven't been apart for more than 3 weeks. Cell phones are prepaid so their is no record of calls or texts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

how about visa stamps in your passport, or plane tickets either into/out of the country, or tickets for mutual trips you have gone on

also, you could try sending in a couple copies of credit card receipts

basically anything to show you were in the same place at the same time

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My fiancee and I just starting the visa process and are having trouble finding ways to prove our relationship. I have pictures, but not really anything else. We've been together for about 2 years; we live together but don't have a lease. Since starting to date, we haven't been apart for more than 3 weeks. Cell phones are prepaid so their is no record of calls or texts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Friends or families can also prove your relationship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Boarding passes, airplane ticket, cards, emails. You mention something about living together so you may have some utility bills together, bank statements anything that shows you live under the same roof. I remember that also used facebook printpages, to be more specific, from the day we got engaged so you can see all the comments from family friends when we both change our status to engaged. You also can export blackberry messenger o whatsapp messenger conversations and use them

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I would suggest providing bank statements showing that you have spent money in the same location over the course of your relationships. Receipts from both of you from purchases in the same locations. If you have received any bills at the same address with your names that might also help. My fiancé and I live in the same location, I included a copy of a bill for my rent, my student visa for Denmark, my identification cards for school and my Danish health insurance card, flights from the United States to Denmark and a train stub to our city. I also had a re-entry visa for Denmark in my passport from when I came back after going home for Christmas, as well as other stamps in my passport.

The USCIS just expects you to prove that you have met in the past two years. As you go through the processes continue to collect information and proof of your ongoing relationship to present at the interview. Hope this helps :star:

Edited by Shelbee

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.