David and Karen

Which province are ya from?

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Born, raisied and have lived in Manitoba all my life.

whereabouts in Manitoba? if you don't mind me asking....

I lived around the Steinbach area for about 15 years... all my aunts and uncles and cousins and grandma and extended family still live out in Manitoba... My mom and dad and sibs live in BC....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband is from West Pubnico Nova Scotia...southwest part of the province. Lovely area too, about three and a half hours from the airport in Halifax. About 30-35 minutes from Yarmouth. When the Cat is running, you can get to Portland (or is it Bar Harbour) Maine in about three hours. Someday we hope to move there permanently. :luv:

I think if I could live anywhere it'd be Maine. My soul just draws me there. We currently get daily listings for real estate in the Bangor area.....but if I had to choose somewhere in Canada it'd def be Peggy's Cove. I have an attraction to quaint fishing towns.

My hub was born in Halifax but as the son of a sailor ( Cndn Navy) they traveled about....or is it aboot ;) from shore to shore. He also lived in Ottawa( 3 different times), Victoria BC, Angus ON(CFB Borden), CFS Barrington NS, CFB St Hubert QC and now currently rotting at CFB Petawawa ON (it's not hell but you can see it from there). He's also done tours in Afghanastan,The Golan Heights and Haiti as well as a tasking in Alert Nunavut.

Edited by CutienPurg
google.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It looks like I'm the only Newfie here :P .....I was born and raised in Stephenville, Newfoundland & Labrador..........God's Country. Lived in Bedford, Massachussets for 2 years in the 70's. Then back to the good old Rock. Now living in Maine since April 2006 (about 40 minutes from Bangor). Newfoundland and Maine are very much alike scenery wise. Quite beautiful places......{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband is from West Pubnico Nova Scotia...southwest part of the province. Lovely area too, about three and a half hours from the airport in Halifax. About 30-35 minutes from Yarmouth. When the Cat is running, you can get to Portland (or is it Bar Harbour) Maine in about three hours. Someday we hope to move there permanently. :luv:

I think if I could live anywhere it'd be Maine. My soul just draws me there. We currently get daily listings for real estate in the Bangor area.....but if I had to choose somewhere in Canada it'd def be Peggy's Cove. I have an attraction to quaint fishing towns.

My hub was born in Halifax but as the son of a sailor ( Cndn Navy) they traveled about....or is it aboot ;) from shore to shore. He also lived in Ottawa( 3 different times), Victoria BC, Angus ON(CFB Borden), CFS Barrington NS, CFB St Hubert QC and now currently rotting at CFB Petawawa ON (it's not hell but you can see it from there). He's also done tours in Afghanastan,The Golan Heights and Haiti as well as a tasking in Alert Nunavut.

Do you want a summer full of visitors and buses and cars crawling all over your village, swelling the population of 45 to 100s, even thousands a day? Welcome to Peggy's Cove!

(Don't get me wrong, Peggy's Cove and the surrounding communities are beautiful and you can't beat the scenery, but I would get awfully tired awfully quick of all the people crawling around in such a small place! Trust me, I worked in tourist information centres for four years and would feel bad for the residents every time I'd tell people about the lighthouse there.)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Do you want a summer full of visitors and buses and cars crawling all over your village, swelling the population of 45 to 100s, even thousands a day? Welcome to Peggy's Cove!

I worked with a teacher once who was from Peggy's Cove - wonderful woman! As a treat, one day she had a friend deliver a case of lobsters to the school and she and another teacher cooked them up. Yummy - lobster juice everywhere! She had loads of nice things to say about her hometown.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Which province or territory are you or your SO from?

I'm (Karen) born and raised in Ontario. Currently in Brantford, Ontario.

Maryam born and raised in TORONTO

(TSC)

07.28.06 : Day 01 - I-129F Sent

07.31.06 : Day 04 - Received

08.08.06 : Day 11 - *touched

08.08.06 : Day 11 - I-129F NOA1 from CSC

08.11.06 : Day 14 - *touched

09.28.06 : Day 64 - *touched

10.04.06 : Day 70 - *touched

10.04.06 : Day 70 - RFE (email)

10.05.06 : Day 71 - *touched

10.07.06 : Day 73 - *touched

10.26.06 : Day 92 - RFE response received

10.27.06 : Day 93 - *touched

11.01.06 : Day 98 - Approved

11.30.06 : Day 127 - NVC Notice

12.01.06 : Day 128 - Montreal received

01.08.07 : Day 167 - Packet 3 received

01.10.07 : Day 169 - Packet 3 sent

05.10.07 : Day 289 - Packet 4 received finally!

06.15.07 : Day 325 - Interview ***A SUCCESS***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

born and raised in Montreal. Moved to Vancouver 11 years ago.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

I was born in Bancroft, ontario

Moved to Bellville and kingston

From there moved Bathurst, New Brunswick

From there moved to Wabush, Labrador

From there moved back to belleville

From there moved to Langley, B.C.

From there moved to where i am now...Des Moines, IA

YIKES! lol

Darcy was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba but he has moved so many times in his life. :blink: He has recently lived since I have known him in Calgary, Alberta; Winnipeg Manitoba; and Kelowna, BC.

Now his butt is planted in Ohio. :P

Jen

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Born in Melville Saskatchewan. Raised in Richmond Hill Ontario for 22 years. Moved to Saskatoon in 1982...and still here for another 2 months! Movin' to St. Louis!

Carla (F)

Cool! I was born around Yorkton, Saskatchewan (in a small town called Invermay) and lived there until I went to university for 5 years in Saskatoon, Sask, and then spent the last 10 months after school in Regina, Sask. Now i'm finally right outside Portland, Oregon!

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

(Don't get me wrong, Peggy's Cove and the surrounding communities are beautiful and you can't beat the scenery, but I would get awfully tired awfully quick of all the people crawling around in such a small place! Trust me, I worked in tourist information centres for four years and would feel bad for the residents every time I'd tell people about the lighthouse there.)

Maine is gorgeous to be sure and I've checked into teaching opportunities up there as well. We were thinking of maybe just outside the Pubnicos, like Tusket maybe. Peggy's Cove is nice...but I don't think I could handle the tourists. We deal with that here where we are now, in the Northeast Georgia Mountains. Oy Vey!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Maine is gorgeous to be sure and I've checked into teaching opportunities up there as well. We were thinking of maybe just outside the Pubnicos, like Tusket maybe. Peggy's Cove is nice...but I don't think I could handle the tourists. We deal with that here where we are now, in the Northeast Georgia Mountains. Oy Vey!

Tusket and the Pubnicos are great (as I know you already know :) ) My grandmother lived down in that area for a number of years and I would love the drive down to see her.

Jerry and I want to eventually buy property in Nova Scotia once we get our debt cleared up (2 years from now, yayay!) so I've been running through possible communities in my mind to keep an eye on properties. I have my wish list but I have to be realistic financially! :lol:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Tusket and the Pubnicos are great (as I know you already know :) ) My grandmother lived down in that area for a number of years and I would love the drive down to see her.

Jerry and I want to eventually buy property in Nova Scotia once we get our debt cleared up (2 years from now, yayay!) so I've been running through possible communities in my mind to keep an eye on properties. I have my wish list but I have to be realistic financially! :lol:

Oh how exciting! I'm not sure when Joel and I can actually start looking. His mom and stepdad live in West Pubnico, he has an aunt and uncle that live in East Pubnico. As soon as we know when we'll be able to move they'll be more than glad to help us look. When we're there we look for places and dream....sigh. Yeah, we have to be realistic financially as well. As soon as I can I want to look into the qualifications I'll need to work in the schools up there (the English speaking one that is...my French stinks!).

Who knows...we might be neighbours someday up there! :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.