FherJess

Translating Texts, chats etc.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

No. All of mine were in French. We only highlighted the dates--because honestly, that's all they care about. Never got an RFE.

If something looks fishy in a text, they might translate it themselves.

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Very intersting that you didn't translate the text since USCIS asks for everything in English, but you are right--it's the dates not the content that matters. In our case we only sent the dates with no text, and it wan't a problem at all. And we didn't send many--just what would fit on one sheet of paper--maybe 25 or so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Very intersting that you didn't translate the text since USCIS asks for everything in English, but you are right--it's the dates not the content that matters. In our case we only sent the dates with no text, and it wan't a problem at all. And we didn't send many--just what would fit on one sheet of paper--maybe 25 or so.

Yes, if we were to translate everything (since we texted every day for years), it would literally take years to translate everything! LOL! I didn't send all of our record, just the ones for a few months before I sent the petition...

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here is the offical USCIS statement about translations...

http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

Edited by magical

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You also have to take into consideration that USCIS does NOT care about proof of relationship. So you don't have to do translations for these because USCIS won't even look at it. All they want to see is the evidence that proves your case for the I-129f petition, which all has to be in English or translated into English.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have many texts & chat screen shots of conversations with my Spanish-speaking fiancé and I'm wondering if these need to be translated?

IF you send them to USCIS, then yes. But why would you? They are not needed for the petition at all and provide NO benefit for the processing of the petition.

They can be used for the evidence of relationship needed for the visa interview at the consulate, and may or may not need to be translated (depends on consulate rules)No evidence of relationship is required for the petition, pnly evidence of having met in person at least one time in the previous two years. texts and skype do not prove that.

They have no purpose for the petition (I-129f)

NO...when you go to the embassy, everything can be in English OR the local language

Maybe. Check consulate rules. In general this is true but not always.

You also have to take into consideration that USCIS does NOT care about proof of relationship. So you don't have to do translations for these because USCIS won't even look at it. All they want to see is the evidence that proves your case for the I-129f petition, which all has to be in English or translated into English.

:thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

No kidding, I didn't know that. So no evidence of relationship is required for the petition?

I followed this guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship...

So I sent copies of my boarding passes, hotel receipts, reservations, photos, etc and all for nothing?

Edited by juanchopancho

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No kidding, I didn't know that. So no evidence of relationship is required for the petition?

I followed this guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship...

So I sent copies of my boarding passes, hotel receipts, reservations, photos, etc and all for nothing?

The boarding passes, receipts are all good primary evidence of having met in person. The reservations and photos are also good but as secondary evidence. What you sent is perfect for proving that you met. The evidence of relationship, such as skype chat logs, messenger chat, emails, facebook, etc. are all pointless for the initial petition. Save these for the embassy interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.