dundar

After entering US with cr1 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i finally got my CR1 visa.

but i dont know what should i do now after entering the us.. do i need a work permit or this CR1 lets me to work.. and what should i do to get my green card or permanent residence..

i have to idea what to do now and i dont want to make anything wrong and late..

thanks for your heps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Once you come into the USA the guards input your brown envelop information into the system. After a few weeks your welcome to the USA and greencard should arrive in the mail at your address on file. If you requested a social security card at the time of interview on your paperwork it should arrive within one month to 6 weeks. If after one month you do not have a card you can go to your local ss office and ask for an update or request a card.

My husband was adjusting to jet lag, getting his information on how to get his driver's license, and searching for a job. He then got his job once he his green card and social security card in hand. Look below my signature and it shows our timeline from arrival in USA to current date.

Good luck and wishing you all the best on the job hunt.

Mary

Please note that this is how we proceeded once he arrived in the USA.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

Actually, CR1 - Conditional Resident - means that you are already considered a permanent resident of the US with 'conditions' in place because you were approved before you and your spouse were married for 2 years. You and your spouse will need to file to remove the conditions 1 year 9 months to 2 years after your CR1 approval date. Once you enter the US you can start to work as soon as you apply for your social security number. Your green card should arrive in the mail atyour US address once you enter the US. So, again congratulations and much happiness as you start your new life in the US.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once entering the US you should get your 2 year conditional green card in the mail, it will be sent to the address that you stated you will be living at on the DS-230 form. As for SS number you should also get one in the mail if you checked that on the DS-230, if not then you will have to visit the SSA office.

The green card will be conditional and you will have to petition to lift conditions with in 90 days of it expiring.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much Maryand Mian, Kathryn and Yuanddan,

i was so nervous and also not sure what to do after entering US.

i appreciate for all your helps..

but is there any link where i can find more information all about this CR1 visa and for things should be done till naturilation..

thank you again..

i married in second April 2005, but to remove the condition from my green card i have to wait 2 years after i enter the us, right? not the date i married.. right..

tahnk you

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please read this thread; it will explain most everything you need to know with links included.

You must file to remove the conditions just before the exiration of your conditional card, which will be 2 years after you ENTER the US.

Welcome to America!

Arriving in America: The POE Drill

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19229

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.