julitathomas0810

Vermont Center

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I noticed on the wait times for the I129F in Vermont that it stated July 2nd instead of months . From what I understand that is the current month of applicants they are on ? What does this mean for myself who filed on 02/12 . Will my I129F be processed now or once they reach the month of February ? The outlook of the center reaching February looks bleak at best . Would it take 2 months time to reach August thus reaching February in about about 14 months ? I am really trying to understand this process . From what I am told it's about a six month process . Does the process time also include the interview and visa or is that another set of months as well ? Example 6 months to complete NA01 to Na02 then a number of months to complete the embassy interview and issue of visa . I pray that these applicants I129F's are not sitting in a draw until they play catch up . Most of us in this situation are apart from their loved ones and the distance and time apart is very painful , but I guess they do not care or they would process faster . I know it's a time consuming issue and they need to be sure no one is looking to enter the country unlawfully . I took the time to research and ask many question before I sent in my forms and support information . I am sure many people here have the same opinions and frustrations as myself . I heard the I130 is worse and I really pray for those who have been waiting much much longer then myself . God Bless you all !

I can't really answer your question, but I have seen folks as recent as late August receiving their NOA2

Good luck on your journey!

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

It takes, give or take, at least 6 months, perhaps longer to NOA2, the centers are running slowly at the moment. The time is added for the medical, the interview, any time required if you get an RFE.

They aren't sitting in a drawer; they take your petition apart, put it into the order they want it in, it goes into a file box, and you wait. We were ten months, but that's a few years ago now. Times have gone up, and down, since then.

All the best :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

You'll probably get your petition approved by the USCIS this August or September. From that point, your fiancée could have a visa in her hand in under two months.

Once your petition is approved by the USCIS, it'll be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). At that point, you'll want to start calling the NVC to get your MNL case number from them. Once you have your MNL case number, you can pay the visa application application fee at BPI, schedule the Embassy interview, and complete the medical. This will save you lots of time.

The thing you don't want to do is wait for the Embassy to send you a letter (packet). That would be a huge waste of time. Sometimes that letter never arrives. The letter tells your fiancée that she's eligible to schedule an interview and gives her instructions on how to prepare for the interview. You should read the Embassy letter right now. Here it is.

After USCIS approval, just go ahead and get your MNL case number from the NVC. That's all you need to get things rolling at the Embassy level.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You'll probably get your petition approved by the USCIS this August or September. From that point, your fiancée could have a visa in her hand in under two months.

Once your petition is approved by the USCIS, it'll be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). At that point, you'll want to start calling the NVC to get your MNL case number from them. Once you have your MNL case number, you can pay the visa application application fee at BPI, schedule the Embassy interview, and complete the medical. This will save you lots of time.

The thing you don't want to do is wait for the Embassy to send you a letter (packet). That would be a huge waste of time. Sometimes that letter never arrives. The letter tells your fiancée that she's eligible to schedule an interview and gives her instructions on how to prepare for the interview. You should read the Embassy letter right now. Here it is.

After USCIS approval, just go ahead and get your MNL case number from the NVC. That's all you need to get things rolling at the Embassy level.

For sure this will be the route we'll take to try and make up for as much time that we have lost due to such an awful delay with the CSC. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.