Jill & Dave

Received NOA2 Approval Notice While on Phone with USCIS!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just called USCIS to ask them about their progress, and was told by a Tier 2 that they were processing JULY 2nd, which is NOT when I applied!

I am an August 6th filer through VSC, and while on the phone, I received a text notification & email! Once I hung up with the USCIS officer, I logged on to check my case status, and BOOM! Approved on February 19, 2013!!! 197 days!!!

So strange! Overjoyed, nonetheless! I hope everyone else is one step closer to receiving their NOA2s! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called USCIS to ask them about their progress, and was told by a Tier 2 that they were processing JULY 2nd, which is NOT when I applied!

I am an August 6th filer through VSC, and while on the phone, I received a text notification & email! Once I hung up with the USCIS officer, I logged on to check my case status, and BOOM! Approved on February 19, 2013!!! 197 days!!!

So strange! Overjoyed, nonetheless! I hope everyone else is one step closer to receiving their NOA2s! :dance:

Crazy! Congrats!! :)

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations. The same thing happened to us on Feb 14 :thumbs:

I wonder why it happened that way? The officer was just telling me to wait another month, and that they were processing a totally different date from mine, but then VIOLA! I got my approval! Seems like they might be giving people the wrong information... :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline

Wow congratulations! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!! :dance:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! That was funny. Instant answer for you. :) maybe I should also call and then when I hung up I'll have NOA2... I'm just kidding. :D I am happy for both of you. Good luck on the next step... :)

Great! Congrats!! :dance:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Wow Congrats!!!

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

I wonder why it happened that way? The officer was just telling me to wait another month, and that they were processing a totally different date from mine, but then VIOLA! I got my approval! Seems like they might be giving people the wrong information... :blink:

Well, if that's not evidence that the people on the phone have no access to up to date information, I don't know what is. :)

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.