wasabisnack

Packet 3 Forms

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was looking at form DS156 today got a bit confused.

Can anyone share any experience on filling it in (I searched for a post, but found none).

Specific questions that are confusing:

26. How long do you intend to stay in the US. ?

27. What is the purpose of your trip?

32. Do you intend to work in the U.S. ?

I just don't want my husband to answer incorrectly...

I looked at the sample, but it didn't apply to K3 visa.

Thanks a million!

Kristina

Oh, also, my husband has been to visit me in the past 3 years at least 15 times... has anyone had trouble remembering exact dates?? Do we put estimates or is there a way to find out exacts??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

26) PERMANENTLY

27) MARRIED TO A US CITIZEN AND RELOCATING TO THE USA

32) WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION, EMPLOYER UNKNOWN

Nothing wrong with the example form here, just reword it a little to meet the requirements of your K-3 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

The dates should be in his passport, Entry/Exit stamps.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
26) PERMANENTLY

27) MARRIED TO A US CITIZEN AND RELOCATING TO THE USA

32) WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION, EMPLOYER UNKNOWN

Nothing wrong with the example form here, just reword it a little to meet the requirements of your K-3 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

The dates should be in his passport, Entry/Exit stamps.

Thanks for the answers.

The problem with the date stamps are that they are ALL stamped on top of one another and you can't make out one date from the next! It's a complete mess...

Timeline
Thanks for the answers.

The problem with the date stamps are that they are ALL stamped on top of one another and you can't make out one date from the next! It's a complete mess...

I would look at calendars from the past 3 years and recall the dates he visited, I find looking at a calendar helps me figure out things like that.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
Thanks for the answers.

I would look at calendars from the past 3 years and recall the dates he visited, I find looking at a calendar helps me figure out things like that.

We've done that. We're sort of nervous that the dates may not be exact. We've gone through emails to try to find exact dates of flying back and forth. Guess my next question is, how accurate do these dates have to be? Can they be rough estimates?

Thanks!

Timeline
We've done that. We're sort of nervous that the dates may not be exact. We've gone through emails to try to find exact dates of flying back and forth. Guess my next question is, how accurate do these dates have to be? Can they be rough estimates?

Thanks!

Guesstimates within a day or so should be fine, saying something like "visited December 04" should be close enough, they are not looking for exact dates. They will see all the visits, and know that a serious relationship is there.

You should be fine.

i would put NONE inthe work area. I read on visajourney somewhere that by saying that you are considering work, they, may say then why are you not applying for a work visa. Even at the interview if they ask do you plan to work when you get there, your answer should be no, I am going to US to be with my husband/wife. Same for education.

Good Luck

I-130 Timeline

06-28-06 Sent petition to California Service Center

07-21-06 NOA1 Notice date

09-21-06 email received saying NOA2 approved

I-129F Timeline

07-31-06 Sent petition to Chicago

08-18-06 NOA1 Notice date

10-04-06 NOA2 approval

10-16-06 NVC received application

11-03-06 Received Packet3 / Packet4

12-06-06 Interview - Successful

12-08-08 Visa Issued

12-12-06 Visa Received

AOS

12-22-06 Sent petition to Chicago

12-25-06 Petition delivered

12-29-06 NOA1 notice date

01-02-07 Check cashed

01-03-07 NOA1 received by mail

01-04-07 Biometrics Notice Date

01-09-07 Touched

01-10-07 Biometrics Notice received

01-17-07 Biometrics appointment

01-17-07 Touched (Biometrics)

01-20-07 Touched

03-01-07 Touched

03-20-07 Interview Date

03-20-07 Interview successful and AOS approved

EAD

12-22-06 Sent petition to Chicago

12-25-06 Petition delivered

12-29-06 NOA1 notice date

01-02-07 Check cashed

01-03-07 NOA1 received by mail

01-04-07 Biometrics Notice Date

01-09-07 Touched

01-10-07 Biometrics Notice received

01-17-07 Biometrics appointment

01-17-07 Touched (Biometrics)

01-20-07 Touched

03-09-07 Touched

03-15-07 Card Production Ordered

03-17-07 EAD card received

i would put NONE inthe work area. I read on visajourney somewhere that by saying that you are considering work, they, may say then why are you not applying for a work visa. Even at the interview if they ask do you plan to work when you get there, your answer should be no, I am going to US to be with my husband/wife. Same for education.

Good Luck

we put answers similar to what YuandDan suggested. there's no right or wrong. no problem to do so. you have to remember, this form is used for other types of non-immigrant visas. if on a student visa, you would put no to work. etc etc

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.